40% OFF! Featured in Apple’s Oscars ads.
Capture photos or videos with precise control over focus, exposure, ISO, shutter speed, white balance, and flash level.
Manual Camera gives you professional controls with an intuitive interface.
• RAW Photo Capture for iPhone 6s, iPad Pro (2016) and later
• Realtime histogram
• Focus Peaking (iPhone 6 and later)
• Lock exposure, focus, white balance
• Full control over which lens to use
• Easily change video formats
• HDR (Dolby Vision / HLG) on iPhone 12 and later
• 4k, 60p, 24p, slo-mo on supported devices
• Ultrawide and telephoto lens support
• Audio level meter
• Photos and videos filters
• Live shutter speed preview / viewfinder mode
• Cinematic video stabilization
• Smooth focus while recording
• Photos and videos saved directly to camera roll, browse and delete right in the app
• Wide-Gamut Color Capture for iPhone 7, iPad Pro (2016) and later
• Apple ProRAW capturing on iPhone 12 Pro and later
• Apple ProRes recording on iPhone 13 Pro and later
Supported Video Formats:
1080p120 (iPad Pro (2016), iPhone 6s and later)
1080p240 (iPhone 8 and later)
2160p24 (iPad Pro (2016), iPhone 6s and later)
2160p30 (iPad Pro (2016), iPhone 6s and later)
2160p60 (iPhone 8 and later)
Ratings and Reviews
I've looked high and low for a video app that actually gave me the controls I was looking for. I think the interface is very clean and simple. I have no complaints, and only praise to give here.
One tip for users: I may have spotted a bug, but let me explain how to actually get everything to actually lock. It is a little tricky. If you set the focus, exposure and ISO, it will still compensate a little with the EV. Even though it will say "0", it in reality, it will be changing a little bit. When the value here is manually changed, then it will lock and it will remain so until something is changed like the frame rate, or resolution. It would be nice if there was a "lock all settings" button somewhere, maybe at the top bar or above the pictures review button.
Great, great App!
I needed to be able to do rack focus during video recording, and this app does it beautifully. Even better, it doesn't compress the video, and allows you to select the resolution (up to 4K!) and fps, then saves it right to your camera roll. It also lets you manually adjust a million other settings, which I'm looking forward to utilizing. But the manual focus adjusting during video recording is what really made it worth the $2.99 for me. Very easy to use, very tempting to use all the time!
This app has its moments. There are only like 3 apps including this one that can really give you some good control over your camera. This particular apps user interface isn't the most intuitive. The slider bars can be quit annoying as it can be impossible to get your shutter speed to 1/60. You slide to 1/60 and once you take your finger off, it's moves ever so slightly to 1/62 or 1/57. I also feel that white balance isn't quit correct on the kelvin temp scale. I know for a fact the lights in my home are 4700. Not 3000 but that's okay. It's not hard to get it balance. Just if you ever have to reshot something after changing the settings it could be difficult to get it just right like before. It's not like a DSLR but it does well at giving you more control. I like the slider bar for focus but I would rather not have the slider for everything else.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Kenneth Kao
- 5.2 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © KendiTech
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.