Build or destroy your own universe out of 8-bit blocks! Play the #1-pixel world creation game & build anything you can imagine! There are no limits to your creativity.
Craft or destroy amazing worlds with your godly touch in The Sandbox Evolution, the #1 pixel art world creation game.
Build anything you can dream up with advanced physics, over 500 elements and fully controllable heroes. In The Sandbox Evolution, worlds are up to 10x bigger. Create rich pixel worlds complete with ambient life, traps, platforms and enemies. You can even make your own pixel art!
THE SANDBOX EVOLUTION FEATURES:
CREATE YOUR WORLD PIXEL AFTER PIXEL!
- Build 8-bit 2D pixel worlds up to 10x bigger than the previous Sandbox
- Start from scratch or use predefined templates
- Mix & match over 170 elements to discover their unique interactions
- Manipulate Mud, Water, Sand, Fire, Metal, Electricity, Acid, Lava & more
- Craft wonders like the Parthenon & Giza Pyramid
- Control Heroes with different skillsets to shoot, fly & more
ADD LIFE & BUILD YOUR WORLD
- Bring life to your worlds with Dogs, Bears, Cows, Sabertooth Tigers & more
- Spread foliage & numerous tree varieties to bring beauty to your new world
- Decorate Houses, Castles & Igloos
- Make dynamic life with AI Humans
- Turn your world into Zombie Apocalypse if you want
- Add tech like Batteries, Crosswires, Resistance, Bulbs, Heaters, Coolers, LEDs & Sensors
- Destroy everything you can with C4, Meteorites, Nitro & TNT
- Draw retro style pixel art using 100 colors
- Compose your own chiptune songs
BROWSE THE GALLERY & SHARE ONLINE
- Share your worlds with other players
- Search worlds by keyword or tags (pixel art, music, arcade & more)
- Filter & find the Newest or Hottest creations
- Rate & bookmark your favorite levels
- Follow your favorite creators
THE GAME MAKER YOU WANTED
- Start with ready-to-use 4x4 pixel blocks then add platforms, traps & enemies
- Create your own levels with Controllable Heroes, Platforms, Blocks, Spikes & more
- Create PAC-MAN mazes
- Make your own 8bit pixel platformer or infinite runner game. Add a hero & BOOM! You’ve made your very own game in less than a minute :)
CAMPAIGNS & DAILY QUESTS
- Experience the creation of the universe through a full campaign of 13 levels
- Explore & fight with the Caveman to recover his child in the Caveman Campaign
- Dash to victory in the Runner Campaign & try to get #1 on the leaderboards
- Learn how to draw pixel art like a real artist in the zen drawing Pixel Art Campaign
- New Daily Quests, pulled from the best player creations. Challenge the best in the world, or build your levels for a chance to be featured
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY OF 745,000 FANS!
- Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/thesandboxgame
- Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/thesandboxgame
Get access to exclusive Create Modes, Stories and Element with our monthly subscription!
- Sandbox Premium: 1 month recurring subscription for $4,99 (USD).
The prices is for customers in the United States. Pricing in other countries may vary and charges will be converted to the local currency depending on the country of residence.
Payment will be charged to your account after confirmation of purchase.
The subscription is renewed unless your turn it off 24 hours before the end of the current period.
Users can manage their subscription and auto-renewal by checking the user’s account settings after the purchase in the App Store.
No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period.
More info: https://support.apple.com/HT207865
WE HAVE BEEN FIXING MANY BUGS AND ERRORS IN THE GAME TO IMPROVE STABILITY AND USER EXPERIENCE:
- Fixed issue that made some worlds unplayable once shared in the gallery.
- Fixed GUI errors that appeared when using Vehicles.
- Fixed GU errors that affected iPhone X players.
- Fixed a bug where using Survivors broke the timer feature.
- Improvements to GUI in many screens for better user experience.
- Added "exclusive" tag to subscribed players. Worlds tagged with this can only be played by other subscribed players.
NOTE: From now on, the Premium Pack will be replaced by a renewable Premium subscription. You can now try out Premium for a single month at a cheaper price! All existing Premium players will remain Premium forever, but new players after this update will need a monthly subscription to access premium features.
Ratings and Reviews
An amazing place to build and create, The Sandbox Evolution lets us be reality-shaping gods. Tons of elements and a deep tutorial give you everything you need to craft stunning worlds or make your own platformer, chiptunes, or pixel-art paintings. Even if you don’t feel like building, you’ll have hours of fun exploring other players’ creations and earning mana used to expand your toolset.
Great game, somewhat obnoxious subscription model
I’ve been following The Sandbox God games for many years now, and recently redownloaded Evolution as it’s essentially a heavily improved rework of their original. I came to the unfortunate realization that they’ve restricted a large amount of the content I was excited for to a $5 monthly subscription.
I loved their old revenue model, they used to have it so you can only earn X% of the total cost it’d be to buy every single element, and then had the remaining be obtainable by buying the paid storylines and earning mana by playing those missions. I may be slightly misremembering, but it was something along those lines.
The pay $5 a month is a very inconvenient model especially for players like me who may not play consistently for months at a time, I know their old system wouldn’t work the same with how they’ve made mana much more available, but I’d love to see some sort of system that allows players like me to unlock more content permanently, even if we have to pay some money along the way. Great game, but I have no intention of paying on a subscription for any iphone app that isn’t music. I already spent enough of my parents’ money on your games as a kid ;)
Just a money maker...
To the players: Don’t play this game if you don’t have a hefty wallet. Only a very select few elements in the game are 100% free. Some you can watch ads for. Most you have to use “mana” to get. You don’t have much of it to start and there aren’t many ways of getting more of it besides buying it. There is a premium membership which unlocks many of the cooler elements, but it’s 4.99 a month. That already pushes many of the elements behind a pay wall. So again, don’t get the game if you aren’t willing to pay for its enjoyment. It’s free to download, but not really very fun for long without cash.
To the developer: why have tons of ads, over reliance on in-app purchases, and a premium membership??? I played this a while back and half the things you’ve got in the premium were things anyone could get. I don’t even understand why you even need a premium membership when you have ads and in app purchases making revenue... it makes this game extremely hard to enjoy without shoveling out loads of cash to get the things I want to play with. Very very annoying considering it all. Just makes it seem like a cash grab to me. It would be one thing to have in app purchases and some ads here and there, but what really set me off was the premium membership. As if the ads and purchases weren’t enough. I know you know how much players have to spend on this game to actually get anything worth while. The game is practically set up that way. Very annoying.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- PIXOWL INC.
- 259.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © PIXOWL INC.
- In-App Purchases
- All Mana Elements Pack $9.99
- Premium Monthly Subscription $4.99
- Ecstasy Pack $1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.