Now available as an Audio Unit extension (AUv3) allowing it to act as a powerful MIDI sequencer and clip launcher.
LK is a flexible remote control application for use with music software and hardware, providing a wide range of features and functionality to enhance the production and live performance of electronic music.
LK offers tight integration with Ableton Live using our free UBRIDGE desktop application, providing access and control of Ableton Live projects, with both wired and wireless connection options. LK has extensive MIDI capabilities too, allowing for communication and control of any MIDI compliant software or hardware, even apps running on the same device thanks to virtual MIDI support and AUv3 integration too.
LK is split into six unique modules, each available as a separate in-app purchase, offering great value that you can tailor to your specific needs.
See what’s inside:
- Control almost every aspect on Ableton Live, clips, tracks, devices and much more with MATRIX. You can also sequence MIDI hardware and software with the MATRIX module in MIDI mode. This powerful module has a built-in clip launcher and composer. It allows you to create multiple tracks and scenes and play clips in sync with time.
- Get the MPC feel on your touchscreen with PADS, featuring an arpeggiator and a chorder. When working in Ableton Live mode it automatically maps drum rack pad names to each pad on the app - never miss a pad again. Use it in MIDI mode to quickly play other synth apps.
- Extensive control of 128 parameters with CONTROLLER. Use knobs, faders, buttons and pads to control MIDI hardware, desktop and mobile DAWs - now with the power of AUv3 integration too.
- Three dimensional parameter tweaking with X/Y PAD. This module can work with CC or NOTE events. In CC mode, a CC can be assigned per axis. In NOTE mode, X is pitch, Y is velocity and Z is Note ON/ Note OFF.
- Play chords like you have never played before with the CHORDER module. Use this chord generator to build chords and lay them out according to your needs.
- Keyboard features a 3-axis expression capabilities. It is fully customisable to scale and keyboard range. It also allows the possibility of mapping any Live or MIDI CC parameters to be controlled by the position you play in each of the keys of the keyboard thus providing additional expression to the performance of each note.
LK is also capable of connecting with USB MIDI interfaces which allows you to interact with external gear.
To connect LK to your host computer you will need to download and install a free software utility called UBRIDGE on your computer. It is available for Windows and OSX and it can be downloaded from Imaginando website.
For detailed operation information and requirements please visit www.imaginando.pt/products/lk/help/setup
- More clip follow actions (MATRIX MIDI Mode)
- Clip play state saving (MATRIX MIDI Mode)
- Aims to fix crashes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
GREAT IDEA, But...
I have been messing around with this app for almost a full day now; this is a fantastic idea. I’m using it in AUM, and it works really well, mostly. Occasional crashes in AUM; I have not been able to see any cause or pattern to the crashes.
Also, the workflow to get started recording a clip is somewhat tedious and should be simplified. It’s something like 3 separate steps, maybe more, that have to be done before recording is activated; this could be streamlined.
I love that this app has had AUv3 capabilities added. When it gets streamlined as mentioned above, and considerably more reliable, I’ll be sure to get back up here and rate it 5 stars.
Developer Response ,
Hi. We will release version 1.7.5 which aims to fix some crashes that are happening. Regarding making recording more streamlined, well, you need to select a MIDI input, arm a track (or more) and set song for recording. What's complicated about this? Best regards
This app is magnificent. I am currently without any music-making hardware, so the MIDI keyboard and pads features are a godsend. The latency isn’t great over WiFi but with a simple usb connection from your iPhone/iPad to your computer it works beautifully. All the features of this app are amazing and I’m stoked to start working with it. I have a small iPhone so I might have to get an iPad just for this! The potential applications for live performance are already getting me excited. Perhaps the best part is the fact that you can pay for only the features you need, so you’re not buying a $20 app with a bunch of unnecessary stuff, depending on what you’re trying to do with it. Best music production-related app I’ve seen in a very long time, highly recommended.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for such an awesome review! We're really happy to hear that you are enjoying LK; feedback like this means so much to us and is very much appreciated.
Some errors but great software!
Update # 1
I guess my first review never went through! So my last one (the “original” I guess) seems as more of a complaint than anything else.
Let me reassure you this is a fantastic plugin and is game changing for hosts like AUM or Ape. Especially on iPad. The iPhone mistakes will hopefully be addressed soon as pointed out on the response to my past review, by Imaginando.
Consider purchasing this app if you‘ve always wished AUM, AudioBus or ApeMatrix had a more traditional “linear DAW” workflow and even more if you come from Ableton Live.
“First” Review (after the real first one got deleted somehow):
Dear Imaginando, please do consider turning your menus into scrollable.
As a heads-up, on iPhone XS Max using ApeMatrix I cannot access many necessary parts of the software like the bar’s length simply because the menu doesn’t fit on screen and can’t be scrolled through.
I know on iPad this might not be an issue but it’s a big one on phones, please do fix this ASAP as of right now it’s not as usable as it could be for iPhone users.
Thanks and once again, brilliant plugin with some crucial errors (that hopefully will be fixed).
Developer Response ,
Hi. Thanks for your review and this important feedback. We will try to fix this. Best regards
- Imaginando Lda
- 90.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Imaginando
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Matrix $8.99
- Unlock MIDI Pads $3.99
- Unlock MIDI Controller $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.