ABBYY FineScanner AI - the first smart AI-powered scanner that turns your mobile device into an all-purpose tool to quickly capture docs and books, create electronic copies in PDF and JPEG and extract texts from scans for further editing and sharing.
FineScanner AI - the top mobile scanner for iPhone or iPad from ABBYY, a global leader in Content IQ technologies and solutions.
*** Ranked #1 Business application in 98 countries ***
*** Winner of SUPERSTAR Award in the "Document Capture" category in the Mobile Star Awards ***
Use FineScanner AI to scan paper documents, books, agreements, receipts, magazine articles, notes, recipes, charts, tables, slides, whiteboards or even billboards on the street and get perfect digital copies.
• PDF & JPEG. Scan any text and save scans to JPEG images or cross-platform PDF documents
• ABBYY NEURAL NETWORK. Detect images with text inside the phone gallery to speed up the scanning process
• OFFLINE OCR. Quickly extract text from scans into TXT format on your device without an internet connection.
• ONLINE OCR. Recognize text (OCR) on scans in 193 languages (including Latin, Cyrillic, Chinese, Japanese, Korean alphabets) and choose from among 12 output formats including Word, Excel, PDF, preserving the original document formatting.
• BOOKSCAN TECH. When scanning books, BookScan will split the opposing pages into two separate images and correct any distortions and lighting defects. It will unbend any curved lines as if you pressed the book against the glass of a conventional scanner (Internet required, up to 100 pages per document).
• SIRI SHORTCUTS. Open scans with Siri and set the flow of actions with scans using Shortcuts app.
• ANNOTATE SCANS. Discover a set of easy-to-use tools to modify your PDFs: add your signature or a text box, use highlighter, write with a pen, or conceal content with the redaction tool.
• 3D TOUCH & SPOTLIGHT SEARCH SUPPORT.
• PASSWORD ON PDF. Add a password for the image-only PDF files while exporting and sending via email.
• MULTIPAGE DOCS. Create, edit, and enhance separate images or large multi-page documents without any additional selection on the viewfinder (up to 100 pages per document).
• AUTO-CAPTURE AND FILTERS. Excellent visual quality with auto-capture of page boundaries and advanced image filters, which processes scans in color, greyscale or black-and-white versions.
• BUILT-IN FILE STORAGE. Save scans inside the app with tags and search capabilities.
• SHARE & EXPORT. Send results by e-mail, save in cloud storages - iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive, Yandex.Disk, Evernote and more, transfer docs to your Mac or PC using iTunes sharing.
• AIRPRINT. Print out scans directly from your iPhone or iPad.
CORPORATE VOLUME LICENSING
If you are interested in volume licensing (from 100 licenses) for your company or any customization of the app, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you like FineScanner? Please leave a review!
We are continually working to improve your FineScanner AI experience. This release contains general stability improvements.
Black Friday is coming! Be the first to know about the exclusive sale, visit abbyy.com/black-friday.
The most important in previous releases:
+ We added the VoiceOver feature, and the app can now be operated by visually impaired users!
With this feature, you can have a phone screen read, including buttons, icons, links, and other interface elements, and use gestures to navigate and select their options.
To enable this feature, go to the Accessibility tab and choose VoiceOver.
+Automate scan management with new Siri commands:
• Get PDF
• Get Recognized Document.
If you enjoy FineScanner, please feel free to leave your review on the App Store.
Ratings and Reviews
Best scanning and OCR app that exists!
I’ve been using FineScannerPRO for a few years now and it just keeps getting better! Scanning is simple with the iPad or iPhone and OCR is very accurate. I’ve been using it to recognize text in both English and Spanish, both of which work great. The new page area recognition features make it easier than ever to scan pages with little or no manual adjustments. Recognized documents can be downloaded in several useful file formats including MS Word, RTF, and plain text. I now do all my scanning and OCR on my iPad instead of my dedicated scanner. It is just so much faster and easier. You can also make a “photocopy” of any document just by printing the result of your scan. I would highly recommend this app!
Developer Response ,
It is a pleasure to have such feedback from users. We will do our best to once again provide you with the best products possible! Thank you for being with us! Have a nice start into the new week,
Useful but annoying
I use this app a good deal but am always cussing it out. The annoyances are for just a couple of factors. I use it for long double page book scans. It’s annoying to have to upload the images for processing; but everybody knows about that. Nevertheless, the processed results are of variable quality. Many pages are great and divided nicely. But in each set there are always a few with strange curvy edges and wavy lines or crops well inside the page boundaries. Using the crop tool only lets us crop within the selected image; we can’t back out. We can’t recrop the original scan. A retake usually provides exactly what we want (after cropping the double page spread down to one page). Though sometimes it is necessary to make a few retakes; then suddenly it’s perfect. My wishlist: 1. Let the crop tool access the entire original scan. 2. Give us a mode where we just scan and crop without remote processing. My editing of the retake is always exactly what I want, with no server processing step. 3. Let us repaginate manually, cropping and dividing where we want, even after the document has been saved.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your suggestion! We have forwarded it to our research and development department. With warm wishes,
**ABBYY Support Team** | support.abbyy.com
From Recipe Book to iPhone Recipe App
I have well over a hundred recipe books on the shelves, plus many hundreds of individual recipes from the New York Times and elsewhere in three-ring notebooks. I needed a way to get printed contents into my AnyList recipe and grocery shopping list app. FineScanner Pro is this home cook’s perfect OCR dream app for moving ingredients, preparation, cooking times, servings and nutrition data and more from shelf or binder via the camera and into my device. If I need to, with FineScanner’s help I can do meal planning from among my favorite recipes while sitting in the grocery store parking lot... A capability once limited to expensive laptop and desktop software is now within affordable reach of the stovetop!
Developer Response ,
It is a pleasure to have such feedback from users. We will do our best to once again provide you with the best products possible! Thank you for being with us! Have a nice day,
- ABBYY USA Software House Inc
- 206.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © ABBYY USA Software House Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.