KakaoMap will show you the fastest routes in Korea!
With KakaoMap, you can find everything you want in a map app,
from directions to hot restaurants and local attractions, and more!
► You need to find the fastest route?
[Fastest and most accurate map]
You will get the latest information updated within 24 hours for cars, public transportation, walking and bicycle.
[Navigation system included]
No need to install a separate navigation app. When you search for a route, KakaoMap will give you navigation directions right away.
[Comprehensive search within one search window]
You can find all information you need using one search window including a bus number, a bus stop, a specific place, etc.
► When you need local information
[Recommendation just for you]
KakaoMap will provide useful information based on your current location including hot restaurants, keywords, spots, events, etc.
[Search areas on the map]
You can see search results right away by using the "Re-search this area" feature on the map.
[Places suggested by data]
KakaoMap analyzes big data on visitors and provides information on a specific place by age, gender and day of the week.
► Need more systematic maps?
[Favorites organized by folders]
You can manage Favorites by folder and indicate them on the map. Folders can also be followed and shared.
After searching for a route, you can see the place you plan to visit in advance using the Roa View feature.
[Realistic 3D Map]
We provide a more realistic vector-based map which can be rorated or tilted 360 degrees. It looks very real!
[Real 3D Sky View]
When you want to search a three-dimentional map, you can use 3D Sky View.
► Other convenient features
- Favorite places shown on the map
- Real-time bus information to help you reduce wait time
- Real-time traffic information to help you find fastest routes
- Convenient and accurate subway map
KakaoMap loves to hear your suggestions.
► Questions & Feedback
- Kakao Customer Service Homepage
- Customer Service: 1577-3321
- Developer: 1577-3754
* You can still use the service even if you don't give the above permissions.
1. Bugs fixed
1. Changes for Public Transportation Routes
- Colored routes according to transportation means
- Sort by least time option
2. Changes in Place Info
- New info card for Electric Car Charging stations
- Changes to Incheon Airport's congestion info
3. Improvements in Navigation Mode
- Set restaurants, gas stations as waypoints while driving
- New button to easily move back to current location after moving map
- New info for High-pass lanes
4. Improvements in Reporting error
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
BEST application to explore Korea :)
I like KAKAO MAPS much better than Naver maps cause this app shows me every routes and schedules for public transportations, and it’s so easy to share with Kakao talk. Also I am HIGHLY recommend this app to foreigners especially when they’re trying to explore Korea.(And already a lot of them were satisfied with this!)
Long time ago I had a part time job here and saw a lot of ppl work hard to make their service better. Really appreciate it.
Not English friendly.
This app is one of the worst navigation apps I’ve ever used. It gives the most minimal directions in English, and 90% of it is verbally/narrated at the last minute. Visually, the locations and directions are still in Korean, so it’s like someone leading you blindly somewhere by verbally telling you “go left, go right, speed camera ahead.” If you don’t read Korean, it is extremely difficult to understand exactly where you are. Worst off, it can’t find the English romanized version of Korean addresses so you have to plug in the address in Korean (again, a disadvantage if you can’t write or read). It also won’t tell you which lane you need to be in and we got lost in Seoul 3 times at night (I lived there for 3 years, so this shows how crappy the navigation is even for locals). We found Naver navigation to be the best alternative. Google maps does not work in Korea, but Naver comes close with strong English support and letting you know which lane is best. Do yourself a favor and download Naver navigation instead of this. We only were able to get by on this because I can read Korean. My boyfriend who was a co-driver, cannot read, so this app was absolutely useless for him.
Short learning curve, easy to use.
So, feeling like you want to travel around Korea, and not knowing where to go and navigate it?? No problem-o!!! Just use KakaoMap. Granted, you’ll need to grasp Hangul to type in you location, but the learning curve for using KakaoMap is short after you’ve handled the just-as-short Hangul learning curve.
Seoul’s busy subway and bus system? KakaoMap is your best travel buddy!
Wanna go to a different city, but don’t the streets well enough? KakaoMap will help!
These features saved me:
• compass arrow showing where you are.
• compass direction and cone of vision showing you which direction you are pointing toward.
• tapping on the alerts option to ding when your bus is arriving.
• long distances from your location tell you which train to take, where to get off, and which bus or taxi to take.
- Daum Kakao Corp.
- 198.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Kakao Corp.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.