KeePassium keeps your passwords safe. It delivers the security of KeePass with a clean, easy to use interface.
• Automatic sync — keep your database in your favorite cloud or offline.
• Password AutoFill — login to any service in a few taps.
• Touch ID / Face ID — save your time.
• YubiKey support — protect your data with a hardware key.
• Multiple databases — to share passwords with your team or family.
• Attached files — passport scans and server keys, always with you.
• Peace of mind — feel free to check our source code, it's open.
• No in-app browser
• No VNC/SSH viewer
• No coffee maker
• No analytics
• No ads
KeePassium can work both offline and with your favorite cloud provider.
There is no setup: pick your database through the familiar Files interface — and that's it. By integrating with the Files app, KeePassium supports almost all storage providers, including:
• iCloud Drive
• Google Drive
• NextCloud (with hiccups)
• WebDAV and SFTP (via a third-party app)
• ...and more!
Should a password manager have full access to your corporate file server? Of course not! All the networking is automatically performed by the original storage provider app. This way, KeePassium knows only about few specific databases, not your whole server.
WHAT ELSE CAN IT DO?
• Read and write all database formats (kdb, kdbx3, kdbx4 — including Argon2/ChaCha20)
• View time-based one-time passwords (TOTP)
• View deleted groups and entries (Recycle Bin)
• View previous revisions of an entry
• View and edit custom fields
• View custom icons
• And more! See for yourself, it's free.
This app does not collect any personal data. We sell the app, not its users.
COMMERCIAL AND OPEN
KeePassium is a commercial open source app. Here, "open source" is the transparency you need from a password manager. The "commercial" part, in turn, gives you:
• Clean well-polished interface
• Responsive support that cares
• Future updates and improvements
Talk to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, /r/KeePassium on Reddit, @KeePassium on Twitter and GitHub.
* Premium version is available as an in-app purchase, either as a subscription or a one-time payment.
* Payment will be charged to your Apple ID account at the confirmation of (in-app) purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless it is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
* You can manage and cancel your subscriptions by going to your account settings on the App Store after purchase.
• Added: Offline caching: when database is unreachable, load latest local copy
• Added: Customizable download timeout for each database
• Improved: Default download timeout reduced from 15 to 10 seconds
• Improved: Easier copying from a newly created entry [thanks, u/uschrisf and u/Vakke]
• Improved: macOS: show the actual file path in File Info dialog
• Fixed: macOS: Quick AutoFill now also works on macOS
• Fixed: Empty window on iPad when launching in Split View mode [thanks, G]
• Fixed: Passwords were not colored in some cases [thanks, Jan]
• Fixed: AutoFill could use a wrong directory after freemium-to-Pro upgrade [thanks, ARK]
• Fixed: AutoFill could lock up the database when running low on memory [thanks, Tim]
• Fixed: Deserialization of pre-1.28 database settings
• Fixed: macOS: `Remove Master Keys` could miss some files in AutoFill
• Fixed: macOS: Some texts appeared truncated
• Fixed: New attachments did not export properly via `Save As` menu [thanks, Andreas]
• Fixed: AutoFill failed to show biometric unlock (regression in 1.28.97) [thanks, Ville]
• Fixed: Buttons in passcode input screen could be covered by keyboard [thanks, Ville]
• Fixed: AutoFill sometimes mishandled several perfect matches [thanks, loeffelpan]
• Fixed: AutoFill sometimes opened an empty window [thanks, Nico]
Ratings and Reviews
I have been a Keepass user for almost a decade but I always felt that a good iOS port was missing. Earlier I was using MiniKeepass which was a decent app but manual sync with my multiple databases, phones and desktop was a pain but I was surviving somehow. I was patiently waiting for any updates to it but I guess it was all over with no updates for more than a year and it felt like another abandoned app. At one point, I even thought of jumping the ship and move to a completely different password manager but I didn’t want to leave Keepass.
Then I found about Keepassium beta. I signed-up and played with it for couple of days with couple of test databases. The application felt awesome and seemed to have all the features that I could think of. Even for a beta, the application was rock solid.
However there was one problem remaining… trust. It was an entirely new app from an entirely new developer. To me it’s just insane to entrust any random app for such an important piece of my digital life, so I started researching a little bit about the app and the developer over reddit, Keepass sourceforge forums etc. Found out that the developer is the developer of a Keepass port for Blackberry which had gained positive reviews. I also had couple of interactions with the developer over these forums and I guess my fears were soon over.
Thanks Andrei for providing us an awesome Keepass app on iOS and filling up this void for us Keepass users.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your trust! -Andrei
A trustworthy security application
I rarely leave reviews online but I'll do it for this app. I tried out numerous iOS KeePass apps before I learned about the beta testing of this app on Reddit. The other apps all had various usability issues. For example, lack of support for the latest Argon2 key derivation in KDBX 4 databases, or an option to synchronize database. So I requested a beta. And I've been using it for a long time. Never once did it crash even as a beta product.
A year ago I emailed the author about the official release date (on app store), he said a beta-tester reported a bug and he'd like to fix it before releasing. Since then, there has been a steady stream of updates in the past year, each making the app better.
It is highly usable, with TouchID unlocking option, cloud sync, and support for KDBX 4. The implementation clearly has user privacy and database security as top priority. (Timeout, local storage of key file, etc.)
I just received the push notification about the latest update and official release on App Store. (Apparently it's been a few weeks and I missed out the promo pricing. xD) So I downloaded the official version right away and found it to be as delightfully usable as the beta version. If you need to access your KeePass database on iOS, definitely check this out.
I’ve been using MiniKeePass for years and hated the fact that I had to manually sync the KeePass file when I needed to use it on my iPad. I never did any research to see if there was anything better out there until the “No longer supported” message popped up one day when I opened Mini.
That’s when I discovered KeePassium. This app is awesome! The auto sync with DropBox (and many other cloud options) would be enough to make me love the app but there is so much more to like!
Also GREAT immediate support (I couldn’t figure out how to get it to open my DropBox file — an iPad setting problem, nothing to do with KeePassium — and had an answer to a question I posted within 10 minutes!!) What more can you ask for?!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Andrei Popleteev
- 21.6 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Arabic, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Andrei Popleteev
- In-App Purchases
- Premium $14.99
- Premium $1.99
- KeePassium 1.30 Premium $19.99
- KeePassium 1.27 Premium $19.99
- KeePassium 1.26 Premium $19.99
- Donation $4.99
- Donation $9.99
- Donation $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.