meteoblue – weather worldwide on the go
meteoblue shows high precision weather forecasts combined with a beautiful, simple and easy to use design. Weather forecasts can be requested for any place on Earth easily and comfortably.
What makes this app unique:
• Weather forecasts for any point on land or sea.
• Location search with more than 6 million locations: search for location name, postal code or coordinates or let the app find your current position with the GPS module.
• Widget: provides a quick overview of the current and future weather for a single location.
• Background images matching current weather conditions at the selected location.
• 7 days forecast: daily overview and detailed information for every single day with hourly or 3 hour values. Besides standard parameters like temperature, precipitation and wind information, unique features like predictability and rainSPOT give a better overview.
• Meteogram 5 days: temperature curve with pictograms, cloud layers in different altitudes and wind forecast.
• 14 days: trend forecast for minimum and maximum temperature as well as precipitation and precipitation probability.
• Multimodel: forecasts of multiple different data models for a location.
• Dynamic weather maps: instant overview of the weather situation over entire regions, countries, continents and the world.
• Wind Animation: shows the movement of the air (windspeed and direction), coloured areas show the temperature. The wind animation is available worldwide.
• Satellite map: observed cloud cover for North America, Central America, Europe, Africa and India, with lightning updates for selected areas.
• Radar map: precipitation radar for Germany, Switzerland, Romania, USA and South America. Others will be added.
• where2go: find the sunniest weather around your selected place.
• Personalized settings: you can choose between various temperature, precipitation and wind speed units.
• Offline mode: the app will save the weather data for each place until you are online again.
• Fast: The app is faster than the meteoblue website.
The use of meteoblue for iOS is free of charge. Within the app, you can sign up for the "No ads - 1 Year" subscription, which disables all ads for a period of one year. If you choose to subscribe, you will pay the price set for your country, as shown inside the app. The subscription automatically renews if it is not cancelled within 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period. Your account will be charged for the next subscription period up to 24 hours prior to the current subscription expiring. It is not possible to cancel an existing in-app subscription. You can disable the automatic renewal function at any time by adjusting your account settings.
General terms and conditions of meteoblue AG: https://content.meteoblue.com/en/legal/terms-conditions
Do you miss something? Do you have an innovative idea to improve our app? Do you really like our app and want to give positive feedback? Please don’t hesitate to contact us! We appreciate any suggestion and constructive criticism to improve the functionality of the app and our services.
We wish you more good weather with meteoblue.
## NEW ##
This update brings the meteoblue widget to your home screen. Also, the app now supports an option to show the weather for the past day.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This app is just what I was looking for. I’m an amateur astronomer, and this app keeps me up to date on the weather. The satellite map shows me the cloud cover and the direction the clouds are moving. I have to travel many miles to a dark location, and this app has saved me wasted trips being able to see what and where the clouds are. Also the general daily weather information is very useful and accurate. There’s a lot of information packed into this app. I highly recommend this app.
Attractive UI but poor accuracy
The interface and design of this app are lovely and well thought out--but sadly it is fairly consistently wrong for my area (SF Bay Area).
I wish it were more accurate, because I prefer its UI to my other 2 weather apps--but a handsome UI can't compensate for poor forecasts (often even the *current* weather is off! Eg It will say partly sunny when it's been 100% overcast all day)
I'll continue to subscribe in hopes that the model will improve for my area since it's a nominal fee...but based on past performance I'm not holding my breath. Happy it works well for so many others--just wish it worked for me!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. Can you please provide us with more details? Feel free to use the feedback form on our website (www.meteoblue.com) to report incorrect weather forecasts or directly contact us at email@example.com. This will help us analyse the problem and better our service. We would greatly appreciate your help. #hj
Best for outdoors activities
Of the many weather apps, this is the best I found for remote areas and outdoors activity. Accurate predictions in the Alps in Europe, the Carpathian range in Romania, etc. Most weather apps only cover big cities, and don’t have parks, mountains and small villages. Here you have almost any geographic point you can name.
Presentation is also quite clear and convenient - highly recommended for hiking, biking, etc.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- meteoblue AG
- 136.4 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Czech, Dutch, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2015-2021 meteoblue AG
- In-App Purchases
- No ads - 1 year $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.