At Google Nest, we make products that are beautiful, helpful and easy to use. The Nest app is no exception.
Control your Nest thermostat, arm and disarm your Nest Secure alarm system, see your home with Nest Cam, and get an alert if Nest Protect goes off – all in one place. And receive notifications on your iPhone or iPad.
Nest uses sensors, algorithms and the location of your phone to do the right thing automatically, turning off the heat and turning on the camera when you leave. Forget to set the alarm? It will notice, and send you a Remind Me alert.
Nest Learning Thermostat and Nest Thermostat E
Thermostats that program themselves to help you save energy.
- Change the temperature from the subway or the sofa using your phone.
- See how much energy you used, and why.
- View and edit your schedule.
- Get extreme temperature alerts before your home gets too cold.
Nest Secure alarm system
- Arm and disarm your home remotely from the app.
- Receive a Remind Me alert if you leave home and forget to set the alarm.
- Receive a security alert on your phone telling you what triggered the alarm – a door or window opening, or someone entering a room.
The smoke and carbon monoxide alarm that thinks, speaks, and alerts your phone.
- Get an alert if Nest Protect senses smoke or carbon monoxide. (Requires Wi-Fi and a working internet connection.)
- Silence an alarm from your phone with App Silence. (Nest Protect 2nd gen only.)
- See the status of your batteries, sensors, and Wi-Fi connection.
- Run a Safety Checkup to test all your alarms at once. (Nest Protect 2nd gen only.)
- See your Safety History so you know when alerts happened and why.
Nest Cam IQ Indoor and Outdoor, Nest Cam Indoor, Nest Cam Outdoor, and Dropcam
The security cameras that let you see your home on your phone, inside and out.
- Get alerts when there’s activity, and talk back to get someone’s attention.
- See what you missed with snapshots of the last three hours.
- Check in 24/7 with crisp 1080p HD video (Nest Cam and Dropcam Pro only).
- Get person alerts (or familiar face alerts with Nest Cam IQ) and up to 30 days of video history when you subscribe to Nest Aware. (Subscription service sold separately.)
Know who’s knocking.
- 24/7 video streaming means you’ll never miss a moment.
- Designed to show you everything at your doorstep – people head to toe, or packages on the ground.
- Knows the difference between a person and a thing.
- Notifies you about visitors, even if they don’t ring the bell.
- HD Talk and Listen lets you have a seamless conversation with someone at your door.
- When you can’t answer the door, quick responses let you reply to visitors with prerecorded audio messages.
Nest x Yale Lock
The lock for a more secure connected home.
- Instead of sharing keys, assign passcodes to people you trust in the Nest app.
- Get an alert when someone locks or unlocks the door.
- With Home/Away Assist and Auto-Lock, your door can lock itself when you leave.
Some features require a working internet connection, Wi-Fi, and/or Bluetooth.
Bug fixes and enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
This app is glitchy and not particularly user friendly. Crazy that you can’t sign up for nest aware subscriptions on the app or even add a device to an existing subscription. That’s pretty basic stuff and hard to believe Google can’t get this right. I guess they’re spending all their time improving tracking and advertising algorithms. After trying to install an additional camera using the app and being blocked by a faulty “turn on Bluetooth message” I had to delete the app (at the instruction of tech support) and reinstall to get it to work. But the app was up to date. Frustrating and time wasting.
Google retains ownership NOT you
I am happy with the human support that Nest has provided. I was able to talk to a human and they even sent a person to my house!! For free!! They gave me a few months of nest aware for free to compensate for the issues.
Do not buy Nest Products because apparently YEARS after you buy them, they can violate the customer expectation that what you purchase will be exactly what you have and won’t suddenly change to features you DO NOT WANT. I don’t want an annoying light on EVER! Inside my home it is MY HOME! I am easily distracted by things and a light bothers my sensitivities and is a distracted to me. These products can no longer be used in my home and are NOT what I purchased. I am seeking a full refund and will purchase a diff product. Actually my ADT cameras don’t have lights... and I know tons of other brands that don’t either. I also want to return the doorbell, thermostat and neat protect because I want everything in the same app
New number-New account
I recently switched my phone number. For my luck the old phone is no longer active. After activating my new phone and login in to the app the old phone was registered, with no option to select another verification method-really??? After a chat with nest support, I was told that “nothing could be done” on their side to switch over to a new phone number- again really? They told me I needed to create another account. So I was fine I’ll just create another account with my other email accounts I typically use. Nest now a Google owned company. Now the only way to create another account is to create all together a google email account, without the option to allow me select my own email acc from another server/company. The only way to gain access remotely to my thermostat is by creating a brand new account, something I don’t feel should be necessary . You would figure that google could be capable of removing this stupid feature to allow the customer to make changes to their account when needed. For examples like this.
- Nest Labs, Inc
- 345.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011-18 Nest Labs, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.