A safe home for all your data
The Nextcloud iOS app allows you to access all your files on your Nextcloud
- Read, rename, copy, move, delete all the files stored in your Nextcloud and send them to other App.
- Display documents, photos, videos, audio files.
- Automatically display previews of images and videos.
- Create new folders.
- Add any kind of data (documents, templates, photos, videos, voice memo, etc…).
- Tag the most important files and folders as ‘favorites’ or ‘offline’ to consult them offline.
- Use the Passcode function for an advanced level of protection of single folders or to prevent access to Nextcloud to other potential users of your iPhone.
- You can enable the automatic loading from the camera so your photos shots will be available on your Nextcloud.
- You can enable memory optimization Nextcloud to save space on your iPhone.
- Share your files with others.
- Multi-account support.
- Monitors your cloud from More menu in tab bar
- Use theming Server
- Integration with iOS 11 Files App
Please report all issues at and discuss this app at https://help.nextcloud.com/c/clients/ios
New to Nextcloud? Nextcloud is a private file sync & share and communication server. It is fully open source and you can host it yourself or pay a company to do it for you. That way, you are in control of your photos, your calendar and contact data, your documents and everything else.
We fixed a performance issue with Nextcloud 27
Improvements & minor bug fix
Ratings and Reviews
Works really good, now I prefer Nextcloud over Dropbox and Box
When Dropbox lowered device limit to 3, I had been thinking about switching over but was hesitant at first due to modest reviews. And when Google Photos changed their terms, that’s when I said that’s enough. I’m glad I moved over (in 2021) because the system is rock solid. Used it for several months and no issues at all, and syncing across many devices as I need both Mac and PC laptop/desktop for work. And also for wife. And soon, for my kids. I still keep Dropbox for sharing video publicly (they seem to do this best) and others too, but with unlimited storage, no subscription fee (other than server cost), privacy and robust tech, what’s not to like?
Another apple icloud destroyed FOSS competitor
This was a great app, but it won’t let any files remain downloaded for offline use more than 30 days, or so. Using mobile data while traveling and syncing critical files have left me gasping when none of my data center files that spent weeks at hotspots, Internet cafes, dial up, tethered and data capped priority data in regions that even have cell towers.. running off solar, in remote environments.. this app has performed well except on any apple device which intentionally c*ockblovks any competition from invading the bloated and restrictive Apple data sphere. It’s the only reason that I can see why this app will not work.. Apple doesn’t like competition, or direct confrontation.. silently making people’s digital lives worse with infuriatingly ridiculous nuances of oppressive big tech attempting to support everyone on the diverse brochure, except anyone that’s not part of the overlord cult of Apple.
Shame, this app did work well before it became an apparent threat to Apple’s cloud storage scheme
Like having control?
Nextcloud gives you control, as much as you can handle: 1) Make an account on a server run by their dev team - their mission is to protect your data, not sell it. 2) Learn barely any Linux - eg Ubuntu, and install the Nextcloud Server snap - now you can manage your own server. 3) Learn a lot about Linux - install Nextcloud server from source and have complete control of your data, I can help you get there - for now I’m doing it just for fun. Check out blog . somejoe . com for a full write up on #3, #2 will be posted soon - and my contact info is somewhere there ;)
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Nextcloud GmbH
- 306.8 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
English, Basque, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Nextcloud GmbH