NotesHub: Notes, Kanban Boards 4+
Markdown Notes, Kanban & more
With NotesHub your notes truly belong to you and are not tight to any particular vendor. All of your data is stored in Git repositories, so you can clone and manage it outside the app.
In addition, you can use iCloud Drive to store and sync your notes across all of your Apple devices.
Use the power of Markdown to format your notes, and create tables, lists, images, etc. Markdown will help to keep your notes in the same style regardless if you copied text from the internet or wrote from scratch, so no more different font faces, font sizes, or colors.
Use Kanban boards as a tool for workflow visualization, which is designed to help bring clarity to your work progress and enhance efficiency.
== Key Features ==
- Works offline
- No vendor lock-in
- Periodic sync of data
- Fully cross-platform
- Adaptive UI
- Git notebooks
- GitHub notebooks
- iCloud Drive notebooks
- Local notebooks (non-syncable)
- Seamless GitHub integration
- Notes printing
- Export notes to PDF
- Kanban boards
- Dark and light themes support
- Markdown preview with scroll sync
- Move/copy notes across notebooks
- Attach/upload image file on paste from clipboard
- Attach/upload an image file from the local disk/storage
- Convert HTML content to markdown on paste from the clipboard
- Editor toolbar with all necessary commands (bold, list, table, etc.)
- Markdown syntax guidance
- Automatic merge conflicts resolution
==Frequently Asked Questions==
Q: Why should I write my notes in Markdown?
A: Markdown is a widely popular open format with support in many applications. By choosing Markdown you can be confident if you decide to switch to a different application you can easily move all of your data without any conversion needed. Also, Markdown is incredibly easy to understand even in raw view as it's just plain text content with human-readable syntax. Last but not least, Markdown helps you to keep all of your notes in a uniform format, with no more mismatches in font size, font face, etc. when you import data from different sources.
Q: What are the benefits of using Git to store notes?
A: You will get a lot of things for free:
- Unlimited version history, and information on when and who did what changes
- Ability to share notebooks with others, you can add anyone as a collaborator or viewer to your Git repository
- Easy self-hosting with plenty open source options, so notes will truly belong to you
- Better merge conflict resolution compare to traditional cloud-based file storage solutions
- Ability to create public websites/blogs from your notebooks
Collaborators management for GitHub notebooks, copy/rename files, and bug fixes
- Feature: Now you can manage collaborators for your GitHub notebooks. You can send an invitation for collaboration and specify the role (reader, writer), and on another side, you can accept or decline the invitation, everything without leaving the app
- Feature: Rename a file from the notebook explorer
- Feature: Make a file copy from the notebook explorer
- Fix: When notebook sync has a problem that requires manual intervention, the application will stop periodic sync and will mark the notebook with the error icon
Ratings and Reviews
GitHub integration makes this a game changer
I manage a group of volunteers for a non profit and they recently came to me and said they wanted to start blogging on the website. We use Cloudflare and static pages so this meant integrating into the JAMStack. With the GitHub integration this became possible for the non-technical volunteers.
What even better? They can insert pictures and they also upload to GitHub and link properly. Looks right on the website, looks right on this app.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your review. We are glad to hear that NotesHub is helping people. We want to add that we are exploring even deeper integration with GitHub which would allow managing collaborators for notebooks (GitHub repositories) right from the application.
Good notes-taking app, fits my needs!
I'm into Markdown lately and was researching a good tool for creating notes with it. I like this app because I can connect my GitHub account to store my Markdown notes and manage them everywhere. The app is very lightweight and does not contain Ads.
I'm looking forward to more features being added in the future.
This app is even more powerful than standard iOS notes app
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Oleksandr Titarenko
- 4.4 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
English, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © TALEX
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.