Staying on task seems is a real challenge for our screen-bound generation. The Be Focused lets you get things done by breaking up individual tasks among discrete intervals, separated by short breaks. It’s a surprisingly effective way to retain motivation and focus. Create tasks, configure breaks and track your progress throughout the day, week or custom period.
- Start, pause, or skip intervals
- Auto-start the next timer (option)
- Customize the timer settings to maximize productivity:
• Work interval duration
• Short break duration
• Long break duration
• Number of intervals between long breaks
• Target number of intervals per day
- Manage your tasks
- Specify different timer settings for different tasks
- Add notes and due dates to tasks
- Estimate the number of intervals required to complete a task and track the estimation error
- View and manage completed intervals
- Customize reports for fast and easy goal tracking
- Ability to paste a task list from other apps
- Optional chronometer ticking sound
- Customizable frequency of the chronometer sound
- Wide range of alarm sounds
- Ability to adjust alarm and chronometer volumes
- Alarms sound even if the app is in the background
- Interactive notifications
- Widget in the Notification Center
- 3D Touch
- Supports Apple Watch
- One universal app for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch
- Mac version is also available
Upgrade to Pro version to:
- Sync data between iPhone, iPad and Mac *
- Use tags and filters to keep focussed
- Export data to a CSV file
- Auto backup your account data daily
- Integrate with Focus Matrix to manage tasks using urgent/important principle **
- Remove banners and ads
* Sync with Mac requires Be Focused Pro for macOS, sold separately.
** Integration with Focus Matrix requires the Pro version of Focus Matrix, sold separately.
Minor fixes and improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great reminder to take a break
I love using this app. They say you learn better and can focus more if you break your work into short blocks of time. It’s also not good to sit for too long. This app helps remind me to take a break. I set it to do 20 minute blocks with five minute breaks after each block and a long 15 minute break after four blocks. I get up and move around during each break. It’s easy to loose track of time but this app fixes that issue. I also love that it tracks everything so I’m able to see how productive I’ve been at the end of the day.
Useful and simple
After downloading a few pomodoro apps, I liked this one the best due to it's simplicity, and that it has the features I wanted. It includes an alarm, easy to categorize your "focus" times, and make any adjustments if needed. A lot of other apps were very complex. I wanted something I could learn in the matter of seconds. If your main focus is to spend more deliberate times, why spend too much time learning an app? I am able to categorize my work, study, and free time.
I'd recommend to the developers to create a feature where you can enter your own manual time, more of a time management tool. That would make a good addition, making the app a more robust. Even for $1.99, I'd buy it. Especially since I would want to enter my time I'm wasting. I could compare how much I'm spending on productive time vs wasteful times.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the suggestion! It was added to our wish list. We'll consider the ability to implement it in the future updates.
A Few Things
Seeing as how this app hasn’t been updated in over a year, I doubt anything will be done about this.
It tracks time and tasks well, I like the categorization of tasks feature. My issues lie with the Watch app being hit or miss as to whether you can begin tracking from the app. Sometimes it works, I can literally see the clock ticking away. Then I check it a few minutes later and it has reset as if it was never started in the first place, and no progress is logged for the task even if the allotted time has passed. Which brings me to my second issue... notifications. The app is again unreliable in chiming when time is up. It does this on both the phone and the watch. It makes it difficult to take breaks when time is up, or to know when a break is over and it’s time to begin working again.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.