Shopify POS unifies your online and retail stores to strengthen sales conversions everywhere you sell, streamline store management, and help you build stronger relationships with your customers. It has all the essential features you need to make sales, track performance, and manage customers, orders, and inventory. With local pickup and delivery — and the ability to sell from other locations — you can reach more customers and give them seamless shopping experiences.
Learn why retailers using Shopify grow revenue by 30% year over year by unifying online and in-store sales.
CHECKOUT’S BEST FRIEND
• Take your smartphone or tablet to your customer—and sell anywhere in-store.
• Securely accept all major credit cards, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay, and cash.
• Process all credit cards at the same low rate with no hidden fees with Shopify Payments.
• Automatically apply the correct sales tax at checkout based on your store’s location.
• Collect customer contacts with SMS and email receipts.
• Customize printed receipts with your website URL, store hours, promotions, or store policies.
• Save carts and retrieve them later to continue serving other customers quickly.
• Create discounts and promo codes that span your ecommerce and retail business.
• Scan product barcode labels with the camera on your phone or tablet.
• Identify store staff that helped with a sale to keep track of performance.
• Integrate barcode scanners, cash drawers, receipt printers, and more.
MAKE THE SALE EVERY TIME—FROM ONLINE TO CHECKOUT LINE
• Email carts to customers to remind them of their in-store favorites so they can buy online.
• Track all pickup orders from your online store and notify customers when they’re ready.
• Sell inventory available at other locations and automatically calculate the right shipping rates at checkout.
TURN ONE-TIME CUSTOMERS INTO LIFETIME FANS
• Easily exchange and return items purchased online or at other locations.
• Create fully-synced customer profiles so staff can give every customer a personal shopping experience with quick access to notes, lifetime spend, and order history.
• Add loyalty apps to your POS to reward customers for shopping with you, both in-store and online.
• Create personalized marketing campaigns via email and social media in your Shopify admin.
• Manage one product catalogue and sync inventory so it’s available for online and in-person selling.
• Create staff login PINs to secure access and track activity.
• Use customizable role-based permissions to give staff the right level of access.
• Make informed decisions with insights on your store’s daily sales performance.
• Track payments to hold staff accountable for transactions by payment types and cash handled.
• Adapt to growing trends in your business with unified analytics that blend in-store and online sales in your Shopify admin
• Generate purchase orders and transfer stock based on inventory forecasts and performance.
"It’s impossible to think of retail as separate. You have to be able to bring the physical into the digital, and the digital into the physical...this idea of unified retail is the future.”
Juliana Di Simone, Tokyobike
We’d love to learn more about your business and how we can help.
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It’s just pretty looking but horrible
Since the update, it has sync issues with products, so I keep having to keep duplicating a product page until it syncs. To use the different developments, like adding a tile, it sometimes lets you do that, and most times no. To add salt to the wound, you’re charging an extra $89 per Brick and mortar above the monthly fee for this, which is not efficient AT ALL.
Developer Response ,
Hi Stephanie thank you for reaching out. If you haven't already done so, please ensure both the POS app and iOS device are up-to-date. - For the iOS, please go to Settings > General > Software Update and confirm your iOS is on 14.2 (as of Nov 12) - For the POS App, please go to the App Store > select the profile icon in the top right > swipe up to the Shopify POS app and tap on the icon on the left hand side > from there you'll either see the app is up-to-date on version 6.26.1 (as of Nov 12) or there will be a prompt to update - After updating (if needed), please log out of the POS and then log back in! This should restore a fresh connection for the data to sync!
This app looks great from the cover but the reality is that it lacks a lot of things for a high volume retail store, this app is meant for online sales. It has no filter to “last month” when doing analytics on the shop app, you must use ANOTHER app to figure results on. It’s not SIMPLE to make returns when a customer has already returned from the same ticket, it makes you do it on ANOTHER app or webpage which is a waste of time and if my employees don’t have my account password they can’t process returns fairly. The app doesn’t let you change the seller after the sale is made if it was entered by error, the only option is to return abs make the sale again thus affecting the KPIs of the store. The app won’t let you change the tender type if you entered it incorrectly, a return has to be made to fix it and then make the sale again. It’s just a very limited app that you don’t have full control of the system and your sales. Another thing is that when an exchange is made, the money gets removed from the actual day you sold it and moved to the day you exchanged it, this should only happen to the amount over that the customer is paying (if that’s the case).
I really don’t recommend this for a busy place where many things can happen and the limited system won’t allow you to quick fix things. Customer service mostly won’t help you since the app is so limited that they don’t even know how to help.
Developer Response ,
Hi siulnomar, thanks for sending on such detailed feedback, we really appreciate it. Just to confirm, the POS app does have the option to view reports by month to date, if you're looking for previous month data the Shopify admin app would be more suitable. I understand not all your staff have access to that and I have passed this feedback onto our developers. Secondly, I understand you'd like to have the option of changing the seller for orders, I've notified the developers about your request. In the meantime the sales will be attributed to staff based on the account used to process the sale, the account name can be found at the bottom of the app. I will put your requests in relation to exchanges, up to our development team. I totally agree how this would help not only yourself but other merchants as well. Your frustration helps our developers focus on the particular pain points of merchants currently so thanks again for your feedback!
Design is not user friendly
I get that new software is going to tiles because grids are so what....90s but seriously this does not make a user friendly checkout process. If the designers want tiles then why not create the feature to add a grid under a tile for example my location: “space A” so everything I sell is for “space A” tile created as a grid. Then more tiles can be used for other functional use. I watched the video and they lack information needed for small businesses that work pop up location like art fairs and such. Shopify I rave to others about how simple and user friendly everything is and this update is crap. Why change a system that works with the grid and before holiday season.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Shopify Inc.
- 209.2 MB
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Shopify Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.