The free Adobe Acrobat Reader PDF app is trusted by millions of people around the world.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is the free global standard for reliably viewing, signing, and commenting on PDF documents.
• Quickly open and view PDF documents.
• Search, scroll, and zoom in and out.
• Choose Single Page or Continuous scroll mode.
• Comment on PDFs using sticky notes and drawing tools.
• Highlight and mark up text with annotation tools.
• View and respond to annotations in the comments list.
• Use Apple Pencil with iPad Pro for exceptional commenting precision.
WORK WITH OTHERS AND SHARE PDFs
• Quickly access documents shared for viewing, review, or signature.
• Collaborate with others by adding your comments to PDFs sent to you for review.
• Receive activity notifications for files you’ve shared for viewing and review.
• Track pending actions on documents shared with you.
• Easily share PDFs with others by creating links you can send by email.
WORK WITH SCANNED DOCUMENTS
• Easily access scanned PDFs that you’ve captured using the free Adobe Scan app.
• Open your scans in Acrobat Reader to fill in, sign, review, and share.
FILL AND SIGN FORMS
• Quickly fill out PDF forms by typing text into fields.
• Use your finger or Apple Pencil to e-sign any PDF document.
STORE, ACCESS, AND PRINT FILES
• Sign in to your free Adobe Document Cloud account to store and access files across devices.
• Star files to keep important documents at your fingertips.
• Connect to your Dropbox account and access other storage providers including iCloud Drive, Box, Microsoft OneDrive, and Google Drive.
• Print documents from your device.
Switch to dark mode in iOS 13 and change the background color of the app window. This is not only easy on the eye in low light, but may also prolong the battery life of your device.
CONNECT TO GOOGLE DRIVE
• Access PDFs and other files stored on your Google Drive with ease.
• Create, view, edit, combine, compress, export, share, and star Google Drive files directly in Acrobat Reader.
Subscribe for even more PDF power. Subscriptions work across mobile and web.
• Organize and edit PDFs.
• Create PDF files from documents or images.
• Export PDFs to Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint.
• Compress PDFs to reduce file size.
• Combine files into one PDF.
IN-APP PURCHASE DETAILS
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is a Microsoft Intune supported partner app and accommodates multiple identities.
• Performance and stability.
Have feedback? Contact us at https://www.adobe.com/go/acrobatmobilesupport
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Rating is for a few UI bugs; 4stars overall
1. Swiping left on a file to reveal “More”, “Rename” and “Delete” options, a window pops up to confirm selection, but you can sometimes select a file which is “behind” the pop-up. This will open the file with the pop-up window still up and freeze the app.
2. When entering text in a field with the onscreen keyboard, the “Previous”, “Next”, “Reset Field” and “Done” are blue in colour on a dark grey background located above the keyboard making it hard to read.
3. Selecting “Reset Field” will make the keyboard hide and a pop-up window to confirm your choice. Why do I have to tap twice to make one decision? Also, the keyboard hiding every time I need to reset a field is very annoying and interrupts the workflow.
Editing comments makes me RAGE!!!
Entering a new comment is easy enough, but editing it later is a terrible user experience. Firstly, the interface is not intuitive at all. I remember in previous versions, you could just tap on the comment and tap "Edit Text" on the context menu and you could edit it right there on the page. Simple and functional.
Now, in one of those "upgrades that makes the product worse", you tap on the comment and an ugly dialog box comes up. Looks like you can edit your comment there, right? Nope, you need to tap a "..." icon and then click "Edit Note" and THEN you can edit the comment in a different field. Can't you see this workflow is convoluted?
This dialog box is an absolute NIGHTMARE on the iPad. You can't resize the dialog, so if you have a lengthy comment, you're forced to edit it in a tiny 3-line x 8-word text field. You can't select text because dragging the text selection bars moves the whole dialog around. And most infuriating of all, you have to tap the "Post" button PRECISELY to save your changes. If you tap next to it or below it or basically anywhere else but in that tiny text field or on that Post button, you lose all your changes. I have lost SO MANY edits that way!
1 or 2 things could make it better
This app is really good for reading and making notes on the go but I wish you could organize your documents into lists or sections. I also wish that there was a way to change the names of each document once they are in the app.
These two things would really help with organization (if these features already exist then I can't find them and maybe they need to be made easier to find).
- Adobe Inc.
- 228.9 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2020 Adobe. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Adobe PDF Converter & Editor $16.49
- PDF Pack - Doc Creator $14.99
- Adobe ExportPDF $37.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.