With regular practice, meditation has been shown to give many positive benefits:
• Develops a deeper level of concentration
• Improves sleep
• Reduces inflammation and pain
• Improves reasoning, decision-making, cognition and communication
• Enhances immunity
• Increases number of positive neurotransmitters
• Assists in slowing down the busy chatter of the mind
• Enables a deeper understanding of the mind and thinking habits
• Clears repressed memories and impressions
• Develops positive qualities such as patience, compassion, inner security
Ajapa japa is a powerful and complete meditation practice that can gradually take an aspirant from the most elementary level of body and environmental awareness to the highest stages of meditation. The practice involves repetition of a mantra in combination with an awareness of the movement of the breath through specific energy pathways in the body.
• Suitable for all levels from beginner to advanced
• 3 different lengths of guided meditation practice, 10 min, 15 min and 20 min
• Includes a complete ‘how to‘ guide and instructions for effective practice
• Beautiful and soothing sounds of nature to complement the practice: Forest, ocean and rain
Created by Madhav West, a highly experienced yoga and meditation teacher. Madhav received 4 years full time professional training at the Satyananda Yoga Academy Australia and the Bihar School of Yoga in India in Yogic Science. He is also qualified in the field of Health Science and Naturopathic Medicine.
- minor fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Love it! *****
I started using this app as a beginner meditator- since using it my meditation practice has easily gone up a few levels. I started experience a much deeper form of meditation effortlessly within a couple of weeks and it has gotten better since then. Now the 20 mins that I meditate in the morning is a fantastic 20 mins of relaxation which feels euphoric for me as the stillness is so enjoyable compared to the busy mind we usually have during the day. My mind is now less busy outside of meditation. My life has improved as well while my perspective is better and I can see things more simply. I'm so glad I started using this app (I bought it after starting out with the yoga nidra app for a while). I highly recommend it. The steps that you are taken through in the meditation make it easier to still the mind and experience a deeper form of relaxation. The 15 minute practice is great too. I would love to have a 40 minute option that has less talking on it. I use the 20 min meditation at night lying in bed before sleeping sometimes and I usually start dropping off to sleep before it finishes.
A necessary part of my day...
Thank you...a calm voice, beautiful choice of backgrounds sounds if desired, and a really deep practice. I use the 20 min practice in the morning after walking to prepare a clear mind for my morning in the office. 10 min practice for a mid day check in of the mind/body followed by some yoga stretches for 10 min to clear my head and loosen the body for the afternoon in the office. 15 min practice before retiring for the night to prepare for a peaceful sleep🙏
Great app. Does what it says. Easy voice to follow for guided mediation, with beautiful background music. Has 3 options for meditation, 10, 15 & 20 mins. I like Ajapa Japa for de stressing at any time of day including before sleep. The Relax app by the same company, is a good one to have too.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.