The ATO app allows you to manage your tax and super affairs on the go – making tax simple & easy.
A myGov account linked to the ATO is required for a personalised tax and super experience.
With the ATO app, you can:
- follow your 2021-22 tax return from start to finish, including checking prefill information, tracking the progress of your return and its outcome
- view in real-time when lodgments and payments are due, and seamlessly action them via ATO Online
- set up streamlined and secure login using your device’s security features like face and fingerprint recognition
- view your tax accounts, with links to ATO Online to view transactions, create payment plans or pay
- see an overview of your super balance and accounts
- view your employment income and superannuation contributions required from your employers
- check your personal, business (sole traders only) and registered agent’s details
- access our most popular tools.
Our most popular tools include:
- myDeductions: record your work expenses as an employee or sole trader. Sole traders can also record income. At tax time you can easily upload your myDeductions records to your tax return or email a copy to your tax agent.
- Tax withheld calculator: calculate the amount of tax to withhold from salary and wage payments.
- ABN Lookup: search for an Australian business number (ABN).
- Business performance check: compare your business with similar businesses in your industry using the latest Small business benchmarks.
You can choose to allow the ATO app to send usage data to help improve the app. The data we collect doesn’t identify you and you can choose to turn this off at any time in your app’s setting.
GPS can be used to record trips in myDeductions. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
To record a trip in myDeductions using the GPS option, the app needs access to your device location.
Find out more at www.ato.gov.au/app
- Improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
I have been using the app but the frustration is that when I want to email a report the app says I do not have email set up. This is not correct as I have email on my phone. Am I missing something or is this something that the App should be doing? Also what is the point of taking pictures of invoices if the pictures cannot be downloaded to present to the accountant?
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for reaching out. To use the myDeductions share via email functionality, you need to set up the Apple Mail app on your device. To send myDeductions records, including pictures of invoices to your accountant, you can create a back up file to send to them. If you are still experiencing issues or need assistance, contact us at email@example.com. Thanks, Alex
KANJ NAYEF KANJ
Ibeen grand final whole Australian government system in report so much time to update all my personal details every one have my personal details on Australian countries in any one can be exit to my personal details ineed backup from USA gov plus Europe government president to contact to Australian government ido to much report compliance to update in to back me up from the race fraud crime abuse from these hackers the keep trying to cover all my contract collection guidelines link signals Singapore government enforce team centre we win the federal election score climate change policy climate change replace in climate in refund my superannuation compassion hertige salaries taxation payment report compliance
Unable to view photos of deductions
I think this is generally a good app but surprised and dismayed that after the deductions for the year are uploaded I can no longer see full photos of receipts i.e. they won’t expand into full screen photos when clicked on. I can only see the truncated version in the upper window of the “view expense” page but important details such as total price and GST are cut off. As I use the app to keep a record of deductions and need to check and amend my tax return even AFTER uploading deductions this limitation is disappointing. I also can’t scroll between photos for deductions that have been uploaded to the app. Hoping subsequent versions can fix this problem.
Developer Response ,
Hi, the latest app version 6.0.3 includes a fix so you can enlarge and scroll between photos for deductions that have been uploaded.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Australian Taxation Office
- 110.7 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © ATO for the Commonwealth of Australia. You are free to use this material in any way you wish (provided you don’t suggest the ATO or the Commonwealth endorses you or your services or products).