The BorrowBox app makes it easy to browse, borrow and read or listen to your library’s eBooks and eAudiobooks anywhere, everywhere.
If BorrowBox is available through your local library you can simply login with your member details to access the library’s collection of eBooks and eAudiobooks.
* Grouped by age category
* Browse by genre or by specially curated lists
* Quickly find new releases
* Search by title, author, narrator, series and genre
* Easily find similar titles you might want to read or listen to
* Read and listen to previews
* Get more info about the author and narrator
* Borrow instantly or reserve for later
* View current loans and reserves
* View loan history
* Renew or return ebook and audiobook loans whenever you want
* Automatic deletion of expired loans, no overdue fees
READING & LISTENING
* Offline reading and listening
* Automatically saves your current position in the ebook and audiobook
* Lock screen widget for quick and easy playback control of audiobooks
* Play audiobooks in the background while using other apps
* Added synchronisation of listening & reading progress between devices.
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing and easy!
This app is incredible and so easy to use! At first it was both audiobooks and normal books, but now they only have audiobooks. Fortunately they have ANOTHER app for reading which has all their library books for you to read. Just no audiobooks. It’s called Cloud Library. Anyway, besides that I think this app is amazing! The audiobooks are extremely good quality and it’s great the fact that you can just renew the audiobooks as if it’s a normal library. Overall it’s great for lazy people and people going all over the place because you only need internet for downloading it! I REALLY RECOMMEND THIS APP!!!
Almost perfect but...
Love this app and it’s really user friendly however considering audiobooks are popular with drivers, it would be great if this app incorporated the feature where a book was paused when Google Maps or other map apps need to narrate directions momentarily. It’s frustrating to miss a sentence or two of the book which just keeps playing the background, albeit faded out, and needlessly dangerous to try and navigate rewinding the audio a few seconds or so just to re-listen, all whilst driving. For this reason alone I stopped listening to BorrowBox while driving and in the end much at all (switched to podcast apps like PocketCasts which DOES have this feature automatically built in). It would be a small but fantastic feature to update the BorrowBox app with. With that it’ll be perfect!
Hoping for extra features
I use BorrowBox almost solely for audiobooks and it’s very handy in that respect. But a few extra features could go a long way.
I’d love to see an easy way to add books to a wish list; my library has audiobooks across three different apps, so being able to add things to a wish list would make it easier to see the selection at a glance. This also works for when I want to borrow a book in the future but don’t want to place a hold/borrow it right now and use up some of my limited loans.
I’d also like to be able to toggle between two or more libraries without having to log out completely. Losing my downloads doesn’t bother me so much, but being able to browse and see which of my local libraries has a book available would be made much easier with this option.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.