Get the sharpest news coverage from Queensland, Australia and the world with the reimagined Courier-Mail app. Here’s what you’ll love:
24/7 NEWS YOU CAN TRUST
Get access to the latest news and biggest stories as they happen, 24 hours a day, seven days a week from our team of award-winning journalists in Brisbane and right across the globe.
CUSTOMISE YOUR NEWS FEED
Set your local news area, follow journalists and topics, plus your favourite sporting codes and teams. All of your customised preferences will appear on the home screen so you can get straight to what matters to you.
NOTIFICATIONS TAILORED TO YOU
Receive up-to-the-minute alerts on the news you’ve asked for. Tailor your notifications from a range of topics from breaking news, sport and entertainment to business updates and lifestyle.
READ TODAY’S PAPER ON YOUR DEVICE
Read the paper anytime, anywhere with the digital replica of today’s newspaper. Access the past 14 back issues, and all your favourite liftouts like Escape, body+soul and Stellar magazine.
DISCOVER MORE THAN JUST NEWS
Our app is packed with loads of extra features so you’re always in the know and entertained with daily Podcasts, Sudoku and Crosswords.
So, whether you’re interested in the latest news, politics, crime, opinion, entertainment gossip, NRL or other major sports, this app has got you covered.
How to gain full access to the app's content and features:
1) Members to The Courier-Mail can log in to the app when prompted using their membership details; or,
2) Become a member by subscribing through the app (via iTunes) for just $14.99 per month for the first 3 months. After the first 3 months, subscriptions will automatically renew to $29.99 per month.
• The subscription period will automatically renew unless turned off no later than 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account with the subscription price of $29.99 per month.
• You can manage your subscription any time from your iTunes account settings, this includes renewal options and cancellations.
Please note: This app features Nielsen’s proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to market research. Please see www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information.
We’ve reimagined the app to be faster, cleaner and smarter, delivering you a personally tailored news and sport experience - plus a digital replica of today's newspaper. Other features include:
• My Local - Enter your postcode to find stories that are relevant to your local area.
• My News - Search for and follow a topic of interest, your favourite journalist or sports team.
• Look & Feel - A redesigned reading experience to get you straight to the stories that matter to you.
Ratings and Reviews
A backward step
The update is frustrating. Change for the sake of it. The previous version was simple enough and worked. The banners across the top were easy. There’s too much stuff. Reading the news is no longer a pleasant experience. It’s not easy or intuitive to use. I couldn’t even find the tab to download the digital paper version this morning. The update makes reading the news an effort, not something that I look forward to, or do out of habit anymore. I certainly don’t just flick on the iPad for a news update as often as previously. Can’t remember the last time I reviewed an app, but I had to say something about this update in the vain hope that it will be sorted out!
Want sports news? Too bad you get it anyway!
I don’t know how “Based on what you read” 3 out 5 of the top listed ones are articles about sport since I don’t look at ANY sports articles. Why does sport come up in my front screen before real news like “Coronavirus”, “Brisbane” and other topics that are actually news and why can’t I unselect “Sport” completely. Sport is not news to everyone, I don’t care about the stupid behaviour of the latest overpaid footballer, I’d rather know about actual new in Brisbane before I ignore the sports section. Why is it so high on the list if it’s usually at the back of a hard copy newspaper. Please fix this or I’ll be canceling my subscription too.
The app is missing useful functionality from the previous version such as greying out articles already read, you cannot discern which articles you have read if you go in and out of the app over the course of the day.
Again, there is no ability to search for an article in the mobile app.
Too much screen realestate is taken up by the oversized image with every article, there is a sense of having to scroll interminably to read articles and then just give up as too onerous and cumbersome.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- News Digital Media
- 153.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Nationwide News Pty Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- The Courier-Mail and Sunday Mail $29.99
- The Courier-Mail $16.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.