Get the sharpest news coverage from New South Wales, Australia and the world with the reimagined Daily Telegraph app. Here’s what you’ll love:
24/7 NEWS YOU CAN TRUST
Get access to the latest news and biggest stories as they happen, 24 hours a day, seven days a week from our team of award-winning journalists in Sydney and right across the globe.
CUSTOMISE YOUR NEWS FEED
Set your local news area, follow journalists and topics, plus your favourite sporting codes and teams. All of your customised preferences will appear on the home screen so you can get straight to what matters to you.
NOTIFICATIONS TAILORED TO YOU
Receive up-to-the-minute alerts on the news you’ve asked for. Tailor your notifications from a range of topics from breaking news, sport and entertainment to business updates and lifestyle.
READ TODAY’S PAPER ON YOUR DEVICE
Read the paper anytime, anywhere with the digital replica of today’s newspaper. Access the past 14 back issues, and all your favourite liftouts like Escape, body+soul and Stellar magazine.
DISCOVER MORE THAN JUST NEWS
Our app is packed with loads of extra features so you’re always in the know and entertained with daily Podcasts, Sudoku and Crosswords.
So, whether you’re interested in the latest news, politics, crime, opinion, entertainment gossip, NRL or other major sports, this app has got you covered.
How to gain full access to the app's content and features:
1) Members to the Daily Telegraph can log in to the app when prompted using their membership details; or,
2) Become a member by subscribing through the app (via iTunes) for just $14.99 per month for the first 3 months. After the first 3 months, subscriptions will automatically renew to $29.99 per month.
• The subscription period will automatically renew unless turned off no later than 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account with the subscription price of $29.99 per month.
• You can manage your subscription any time from your iTunes account settings, this includes renewal options and cancellations.
Please note: This app features Nielsen’s proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to market research. Please see www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information.
* Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
As usual the developer has fixed something that wasn’t broken. The new version has more white strips at the top and bottom of the page than screen left to show news articles. Why do we need to drag a finger all over a page so we can read an article ? Why do the pictures now start disappearing , do you want more money so we can look at them ?
May 2021 update is appalling HALF A STAR
* took away the menu with topics of interest
* now have to scroll through one endless page to find a topic
* clicking on stories is sooooo slow, 5+ seconds to load
* using the dropdown menu is cumbersome to try and find topics
* live AFL/NRL scores require the reader to know what round it currently is, rather than opening on the current round
Basically, things that have been available for years have been removed or altered.
* we used to be able to click on a photo in a story and then swipe through all the photos, but now each photo has to be clicked on and then click done to close, then scroll to the next photo and click on it and then click done. Everything now just takes so much longer to do in this app.
* the sudoku game is bugged,it will sporadically moves an entire level of filled in cells to a different level, usually when I leave the app but at least once it moved all the completed cells from level 1 to level 3 when I was two-thirds of the way through as I played the game.
And just when you thought it couldn’t be any worse, the NRL Live Scores don’t include the State of Origin matches! Turned a reasonable/good app into a piece of garbage, removing everything quick and simple to make a slow, buggy and featureless joke of an app.
Stop trying to improve
Go back to what worked well! Constant problems with the current ap.
The page no longer fits the screen on an iPad. Too easy now to bump into reading just the one item, when all you want to do is enlarge parts of the whole page.
If you hit the return to the page arrow you go right back to the front page, and then have to scroll through to get back to where you were.
“My Local” section……. Greystanes is NOT IN PARRAMATTA!, it is in Cumberland. Not Blacktown, nor anywhere else in Sydney, it is in Cumberland! This whole section is useless having if you can’t get it right.
Scrap the last update and go back to what it was!!!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- News Digital Media
- 163.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Nationwide News Pty Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- The Daily Telegraph $29.99
- The Daily Telegraph $16.99