Privacy, simplified. Protect your data as you search and browse: tracker blocking, smarter encryption, private search and more.
Tired of being tracked online? We can help. At DuckDuckGo, we believe online privacy should be simple.
DuckDuckGo Privacy Browser has the speed you need, the browsing features you expect (like tabs & bookmarks), and comes packed with best-in-class privacy essentials:
• Tap Fire Button, Burn Data — clear all your tabs and browsing data with one tap.
• Escape Online Tracking — automatically block hidden third-party trackers we can find lurking on websites you visit, which stops the companies behind those trackers from collecting and selling your data.
• Search Privately — our private search engine comes built-in so you can search the Internet without being tracked.
• Enforce Encryption — force sites to use an encrypted (HTTPS) connection where available, protecting your data from prying eyes, like from unwanted snoopers and Internet service providers.
• Decode Privacy — each site you visit gets a Privacy Grade (A-F) so you can see how protected you are at a glance, and you can even dig into the details to see who we caught trying to track you.
• Signal Your Privacy Preference With GPC — built into the browser, Global Privacy Control (GPC) intends to help you express your legal opt-out rights automatically. This will tell websites not to sell or share your personal information under future legal frameworks (e.g., CCPA, GDPR) in various states or countries.
• Limit Access — secure your browser with Touch ID or Face ID.
About Us: https://duckduckgo.com/about/
Device Privacy: https://spreadprivacy.com/tag/device-privacy-tips/
Privacy Newsletter: https://duckduckgo.com/newsletter
Open Source: https://github.com/duckduckgo/iOS
• Bug fixes and other improvements.
Join our fully distributed team and help raise the standard of trust online — from anywhere! https://duckduckgo.com/hiring
Ratings and Reviews
Finally I have secure browsing! THE BEST!
I was so annoyed that when I searched for a product that I would be bombarded with adds ACROSS DIFFERENT PLATFORMS straight after. I had a vpn but it did not help.... I was also annoyed that when I tried to look at current affairs I was fed a skewed and biased result. I tried bing, it was ok but not a nice app to use. I heard about DuckDuckGo and because of the name never tried it. After trying to find news about a major election I finally had enough and tried DuckDuckGo. Well finally the adds have stopped! Finally I can see news stories showing all opinions so that I can make my own decision on which opinion is true. I have set DuckDuckGo as my default search engine everywhere and I like that I can even see when some trackers have been blocked and if a site is unsafe. So highly recommended I wish I had downloaded this long ago. Thank you to the developers this is the BEST app I have full stop. Everyone must use this for privacy and security.
Absolutely worth 5 stars BUT…
This is an excellent replacement browser with integrated search engine, giving some confidence that web browsing is more secure than other available options. Been using it since first available and I now live a life free of gooble ad tracking. It’s gratifying to see that blank google ad placeholder wherever I go on the web!
There is one function I wish existed however: with the ability to leave numerous tabs open for future reference and consequently struggling to find that one tab I used without opening yet another for the same website, why can’t I search for the urls of open tabs??? Searching the current page for text is fine, but I need to check that website/tab I opened last week without typing a new search. Maybe this function exists but I can’t find any reference to it… anyway thanks for all your hard work duckies!
Go for DuckDuckGo
Only been using this Browser App for a few days, after it being recommended by a friend. He was extolling its virtues of eliminating all the tracking that takes place behind the scenes with other Browsers. He demonstrated just how evasive the tracking involved is. After seeing its extent, couldn’t get to try DuckDuckGo quick enough. Now I am using it on my iPhone, iPad and main computer, setting it as the default Browser: So far I haven”t found any case where DuckDuckGo has decreased my Browser results in any way. I love its incinerator effect which gives a graphic illustration of your Browser’s trail being ‘burnt’ up. If you haven”t tried DuckDuckGo, I say go for it, without hesitation. FCB
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Duck Duck Go, Inc.
- 46.7 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © DuckDuckGo
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.