Save the app that could save your life.
‘Emergency +’ is a national app developed by Australia's emergency services and their Government and industry partners, helping people to call the right number at the right time, anywhere in Australia. The app uses a mobile phone's GPS functionality so callers can provide emergency call-takers with their location information as determined by their smart phone. ‘Emergency+’ also includes SES and Police Assistance Line numbers as options, so non-emergency calls are made to the most appropriate number.
When calling Triple Zero (000), remember to stay focused, stay relevant, and stay on the line. Before you call, ask yourself:
* Is someone seriously injured or in need of urgent medical help?
* Is your life or property being threatened?
* Have you just witnessed a serious accident or crime?
If you answered 'Yes' to any of these questions, call Triple Zero (000). Triple Zero calls are free.
Updates to allow users to increase TEXT size on GPS numbers to be more easily read.
Ratings and Reviews
I recently loaded this app onto the shortcut screen of our family phones (mainly for the kids) with the expectation that I would never end up using it.
This weekend, we had a fire in our garage where my husband was trapped and our garage door bolted closed, our home phone was out due to no power (thanks NBN) and I was trying to get my husband free. I called for the kids to evacuated and call emergency, with their shock they couldn’t find their phone so I grabbed mine. Using this app took the frustration out of trying to find and open the phone app, get onto the call screen and dial emergency services. All I had to do was click the app, hit call then confirm -
It was extremely responsive and I managed this one handed while trying to move furniture and unbolt a door.
Fortunately all worked out well, emergency services arrived and everyone was safe.
A brilliant app.
Saved my live!
On last Friday night I suffered a crashing stroke. I was out on the bathroom tiles and couldn't talk, thankfully my wife was right there. She was a little flustered (understandable) and could not remember the number to call. She had this app on her phone and switch straight to the app and called the emergency number directly, also read the home address straight from the app screen.
I apologize if my words are mixed up, but I'm still recovering from the stroke.
I owe my wife for her recognition of what was happening and straight through to the help needed.
Feedback for developer team
* Valuable app which works well.
* No clear channel provided to give feedback to app developer team - 000 website ‘contact us for feedback’ page sends you off to a myriad of pages on Department of Home Affairs website :(
* Feedback on behalf of a visually impaired member of community: the location details may not be very easy for some people to see.
* Perhaps a future release possibly include an accessibility option whereby the user could press a button for the location details to be read out by the phone? [Google maps is able to read out directions even when the phone is on a call, so such a feature may be possible(?).]
- National Triple Zero Awareness Work Group
- 6.3 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (4th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular.
English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Fire Rescue New South Wales
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.