* SEND A MESSAGE -Skip exchanging phone numbers, just send a message. It's seamless across devices.
* CUT DOWN GLARE WITH DARK MODE. Dark mode is a sleek new look that goes easy on the eyes by switching the background from white to black.
* SHOW YOUR REACTION - Add a silly sticker, send a dancing GIF and use emojis to express yourself better.
* SHARE PHOTOS AND VIDEOS - Capture the moment with the Messenger Camera, add a filter or doodle, then send to friends or share to Stories.
* RALLY THE GROUP - Make plans to get together with polls, share your location, split the bill and more.
* HOP ON A CALL OR VIDEO CHAT - Hang out anywhere, anytime by getting on call or a group video** chat — filters optional :) **Calls are free over Wi-Fi but otherwise standard data charges apply.
* SEND A VOICE MESSAGE - When text just won't cut it, just hit record and send say, sing or shout it out loud.
* SEND MONEY SECURELY AND EASILY (within US, UK and France only) - Send and receive money from friends in the app by adding your debit card or PayPal* account. *PayPal available in the US only.
* SHARE YOUR LOCATION - Suggest a meeting spot or tell friends where you are by sharing your location with just a few taps.
* CHAT WITH BUSINESSES - Easily connect with your favorite businesses to make reservations, get customer support, find deals and more.
* PLAY GAMES WITH FRIENDS - Challenge friends, climb leaderboards, and discover your next gaming obsession.
In efforts to make it easier to connect with businesses on Messenger, we are focusing on more contextual ways to connect with businesses, such as the search feature and advertising surfaces. Thanks for using Messenger!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Store links in group chats...
Facebook messenger is pretty straight forward with what people need.. you have a place for photos in chats.. but something I think it needs.. is a place that stores all the links people share for re watchability and or re use ability.. and would be very great full because if you have 20 people in a chat and they hardly stop talking and sending links and instead of sitting through hours of chat to find links you could just click on the options for the group go to saved links and easily re use them..
I first logged into messenger and everything was fine. Then it said that I was a guy named hoang Li. I said no and everything was fine again. It asked for a pic of me to make sure I was the right person, I gave a pic of the beach thinking it was for a profile pic but then later gave a picture of me. It said I was the wrong person and logged me out for weeks. I was able to retrieve my account - at least I thought i did. I used my phone number, confirmed my email address, made a new account and then was put into that same guys account. Now I can see his messages and all of his information and all his chats. It won’t let me log out or go into my original account. Every time I try, it says unavailable and keeps showing up. I can’t do anything so I have to get out of the app completely. I need to use messenger for school reasons and sporting things but now I can’t access any of it. Please fix this!!
Dangerous to use Messenger
I thought I was talking to a friend on Messenger as could see her picture there, “She” chatted and then told me I would scarcely believe this but there had been a special promotion and she had won $200,000! She said I should have a look as she had noticed my name on the list. As it was a friend (I thought) I believed this. They said they would check and get back to me. Of course my name was on the list. I rang my son to tell him the good news. As he works in digital he said I should ring my friend. She told me I was the third of her friends to be almost caught by this. This is exceedingly dangerous as we trust our friends. Another friend said it also happened to her but as they had chosen a neighbour she got suspicious and asked the neighbour to come out onto the veranda and wave to her. The “neighbour” said she was out of town so it was a scam
Why use Messenger at all? Why not just email each other?
- Facebook, Inc.
- 277.1 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 9.0 and watchOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Facebook, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.