Streaming for Foxtel and Foxtel Now customers. The Foxtel GO app gives you the best of TV and on demand on your mobile^. And best of all, it’s included as part of your Foxtel or Foxtel Now subscription.
Stream the best choice of live sport, blockbuster movies, new shows and complete seasons from Australia and around the world on your compatible device with the Foxtel Go app~.
• Stream in HD on Wi-Fi to get a clearer, crisper, and sharper picture*.
• Discover more of what you love with suggestions based on what you watch
• Save all that you want to watch in your personal WatchList,
• Dedicated kids page with hundreds of episodes to watch. Your kid’s favourite characters in one place.
• Watch on two devices at the same time.
• Continue watching your show on your phone where you left off on your tablet or PC/ Mac, and the other way around.
• Foxtel Now customers can continue watching across their connected TV devices and the Foxtel GO app.
Turn on notifications to receive updates on the latest shows, new movies and live sports.
You’ll need to be a Foxtel or Foxtel Now subscriber to be able to watch via the Foxtel GO app. Foxtel set top box subscribers will need to login with their Foxtel ID.
The Foxtel GO app is available to Foxtel and Foxtel Now subscribers.
* The quality of your picture is dependent on your device and your internet connection. Foxtel GO automatically streams in standard definition over mobile networks to save your mobile data. Not all shows/channels available in HD
~ Foxtel GO is available for iOS 9.3.5 and above.
^Just connect your compatible device to the internet. Data charges may apply. Shows only available if they’re in your pack, some shows/channels not available. Sorry, Australia only.
Foxtel and Foxtel Now subscribers can catch their favourite shows wherever they are with Foxtel GO^. New features in this update are:
•Expanded kids’ section with hundreds of episodes to watch On Demand
•Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Inefficient app processes- app suggestion for improvement
When moving, for example from the end of one movie on Netflix to the next, you have to exit the movie and go to the next. I would suggest if possible a feature that makes it easy to click the next movie. Like a easy flow on instead of the screen pausing on the tv, having to disconnect google chrome then connect again on the new movie. Also when using google home at night, if you turn the tv off but don’t pause the movie or turn chrome cast off, the app will keep the movie playing over the network. I am not really sure why my phone stayed connected, maybe the set or processes I used to put my phone to sleep on charge still connected to wifi with the app still open ( Not a computer Tech) This caused me to miss work because my iPhone alarms didn’t sound as the phone was still connected to the tv. over the wifi or something. To be honest I am not sure why it happens but i think there is some sort of processes that can be edited within a software update to fix this.
Bad chromecast connectivity
Foxtel has a great variety of shows BUT trying to use the app to chromecast in a different room is a huge pain. The app frequently stops registering that it is casting a show and does not reconnect without the user disconnecting casting and restarting the app. Playback continues from where it “stopped casting” so then you have to try and adjust where you are up to, and sometimes during this process it stops registering casting again (especially switching episodes in a series). App needs an upgrade in this section desperately as after going through this process 3-4 times in an hour or so, I end up switching streaming apps to something smoother.
Developer Response ,
Hey there. We're hoping you're able to get in touch with us via social media on Facebook http://facebook.com.au/foxtel or tweet @FOXTEL_Help.
Please get back to us with the following info -
1. Is the issue still occurring?
2. Is the issue happening when attempting to cast via Chromecast or AirPlay?
3. If it is a chromecast related issue, what device is being used for Chromecast (e.g. Google Chromecast, TV In build Chromecast)
• If using TV in build chromecast, which TV brand and model?
Useless Foxtel as usual
I can’t believe Foxtel can charge the amount they do for such a sub-par app & streaming service. They have the rights to some of the best shows which is the only reason it’s worth giving it a try. This app and TV app have some of the worst functionality I’ve seen in a streaming service. When opening up a show it automatically started playing the latest episode. We just watched episode 8 of season 3 of Westworld thinking it was the 1st episode!! Extremely annoyed and now realised why we were so confused! This was on the TV app by the way but another frustration is the lack of ability for the app to follow where you’re up to. No recently watched function or easy way of navigating where you’re up to. Even when skipping through a show to get to where you want you just have to guess. Netflix shows you small scene stills of where you’re at rather than guessing and waiting for it to buffer every time.
With all the other competitors out there what is the point Foxtel?!
- FOXTEL Management Pty Ltd
- 137.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- © 2020 FOXTEL Management Pty Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.