The Google app keeps you in the know about things that matter to you. Find quick answers, explore your interests and stay up to date with Discover. The more you use the Google app, the better it gets.
Search and browse:
• Nearby shops and restaurants
• Live sports scores and schedules
• Movies times, casts and reviews
• Flights and hotels
• Videos and images
• News, shares information and more
• Anything that you’d find on the web
Get personalised updates in Discover:
• Stay in the know about topics that interest you
• Start your morning with weather and top news
• Get real-time updates on sports, movies and events
• Know as soon as your favourite artists release new albums
• Get stories about your interests and hobbies
• Follow interesting topics, straight from Search results
More ways to access Google:
• Google Lens — Search what you see with your camera, copy and translate text, find similar apparel, identify plants and animals, scan QR codes and more.
• iMessage extension – Search and share restaurants, GIFs and more, without leaving your conversation.
• Search Google extension – While browsing in Safari, you can share a web page with Google to see suggestions for related content – no need to type anything new in the search box. Tap on the Search Google icon from Safari’s share menu to get started.
• Gboard – access Google Search, straight from your keyboard. Gboard is a keyboard that lets you search and send information, GIFs, emojis and more – straight from your keyboard, in any app. Tap 'Gboard' in your app settings to get started.
• Trending on Google widget – find out what’s trending in your area with our Trending on Google widget.
Learn more about what the Google app can do for you: http://www.google.com/search/about
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
We fixed user-reported issues and added new features to provide a better search experience.
Ratings and Reviews
Fantastic, some crashing issues
It’s my go to app for searching on my phone, quick, easy and clean. It looks and works much more effectively than the default safari app on all iPhones. My only problem is with the constant crashing I’ve been experiencing, the app begins to become slow, freezing for short moments until it goes black and takes me to the home screen. I’m not sure if I’m the only one, or it might just be my phone since it is a few years old now.
Despite this I still highly recommend it for all iPhone users.
Google is a gem, yes. But I cannot find a "support" section for the app. I would like to be able to delete the "Trending" section of this app. Google used to be a remarkable search engine, but now the interface includes rubbish that is "trending", as well as news that no-one needs. News is easy to delete, but how do we delete the "trending" nonsense? I do not need anyone to tell me what my searches should contain.
And if anyone knows where to find support for the Google app, please could they tell me?
A later date: The “trending” items are bothersome. What is “trending” for a dimwit might not be trending for university graduates. Why can we not be allowed to decide for ourselves what we need to know? Two stars for the newly ridiculous Google.
I don’t use any other surcharging engines. Support staff are so helpful to my needs and extremely patient and polite. One of my favourite apps. I use google apps over any other apps. Very happy with the new iPhone 11 iPhones and the phone plans are more than reasonable to me especially for the data storage. The sharing options are very generously sized for the quality of apps and software for my needs. Absolutely worth the tiny amount of money they charge for almost everything or they are free for the most part of our family needs.
- Google LLC
- 208.6 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Google Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.