Navigate your world faster and easier with Google Maps. Over 220 countries and territories mapped and hundreds of millions of businesses and places on the map. Get real-time GPS navigation, traffic, and transit info, and explore local neighborhoods by knowing where to eat, drink and go - no matter what part of the world you’re in.
Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train, or ride-share with real-time transit info
• Save time with automatic rerouting based on live traffic, incidents, and road closure
• With Live View in Google Maps, see the way you need to go with arrows and directions placed right on top of your world. There’s no second guessing or missing another turn.
Discover places and explore like a local
• Discover local restaurant, events, and activities that matter to you
• Know what’s trending and new places that are opening in the areas you care about
• Decide more confidently with “Your match,” a number on how likely you are to like a place
• Group planning made easy. Share a shortlist of options and vote in real-time
• Create lists of your favorite places and share with friends
• Follow must-try places recommended by local experts, Google, and publishers
More experiences on Google Maps
• Offline maps to search and navigate without an internet connection
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, museums and more
• Indoor maps to quickly find your way inside big places like airports, malls and stadiums
* Some features not available in all countries
Thanks for using Google Maps! This release brings bug fixes that improve our product to help you discover new places and navigate to them.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Doesn’t work well with iOS
Can’t double to zoom photos, can’t ever swipe from the left of screen to go back, always have to adjust my hand to hit the back or X button at the top. Would be great if it worked with Siri Shortcuts App but it doesn’t.
Also, directions keep changing and getting worse, they now tell you less number of steps when driving, like heading into Sydney it just says ‘in 50km, turn towards your destination...’ and skips all the complex road and lane troubles of navigating into and around Sydney - it used to give more directions!
Also, when moving around the map, zooming in and zooming out, it occasionally moves the map instantly to somewhere else close by and you loose your position - a bug that’s been the same for years.
However, this app still has the most up to date information about businesses (because Google) and is good in many ways. Guess I have to give 3 stars because it’s free and I shouldn’t complain about free things.
I never imagined.
As a young boy with a wonderful imagination, I couldn’t have believed that today, I would be holding a somewhat small device used to make and receive calls and messages, play games, have email, Google for information about almost anything and explore the world from above, zooming in so close I can see individual trees, cars, even animals, through Google Maps. I just love the 3D feature, especially when viewing the city high rises, famous landmarks and natural wonders. I look forward to when it’s available in more or all places. Street view is also a great feature, particularly when you are looking for directions so you can get a visual of what the building/house looks like, as well as the surrounding area - very helpful.
Great Navigation App!
In addition to the suggestion in my previous review below, I thought adding support for Bluetooth connectivity to the OnBoard Diagnostic 2 (OBD2) interface of vehicles would improve the ability of this app to recommend the greenest/environmentally efficient route and possibly also provide additional data to improve Google’s self driving cars.
I’d like to suggest an improvement for electric vehicle (EV) owners and that is that in addition to showing one or more of the shortest travel time routes when displaying directions, it would also show the most efficient EV route (e.g. based on shorter distance, predominantly flat and/or downhill terrain, recharging stations along the route (being able to specify the EV range of their vehicle to assist in calculating when charging would be required could be added to the settings), etc.), perhaps in a different colour (e.g. green) so that they can make a decision as to whether they’d like to take the optimal EV route instead of the quickest route (assuming they’re not one in the same).
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review! Sorry to hear about the voice navigation problem. We've listed a few steps to try to fix voice navigation problems in this help article (please copy and paste the link into your browser): https://support.google.com/maps/answer/3273406
- Google LLC
- 248.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Google Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.