Developed by leading child concussion experts at the AFL, Murdoch Children’s Research Institute (MCRI) and paediatric emergency doctors, HeadCheck helps parents, coaches and first aiders recognise the signs of concussion and manage the child’s safe return to school, play and organised sport. HeadCheck is backed by science and specifically designed for children and adolescents.
Parents often don’t recognise the signs or severity of a concussion. Children also typically take longer than adults to recover.
HeadCheck helps parents and first aiders assess the seriousness of the injury to determine whether medical attention is required. By asking a series of simple questions, HeadCheck will quickly assist in recognising concussion symptoms in your child and recommend if a call to ‘000’, visit to hospital or general practitioner (GP) is required. Coaches can record the incident and transfer information to the parent.
HeadCheck’s concussion recovery guide is based on the latest scientific research and clinical guidelines. By inputting their child’s symptoms, parents will receive personalised advice, tasks and exercises to manage the safe return to school, play and sport for their child.
DECIDE ON WHETHER MEDICAL ATTENTION IS REQUIRED
• Based on latest CRT5, Child SCAT/SCAT5 concussion symptom assessments
• Asks a series of prioritised medical based questions & observations
• Quickly identifies whether a child’s head injury requires an ambulance or a visit to a doctor. Connects to ‘000’ if required.
• Gives support to parents/trainers/first aiders in high stress situations
TRANSFER CARE FROM TRAINER/COACH TO PARENT
• Record incident details in the Incident report
• Allows trainer to transfer details and care from trainer to parent
PERSONALISED CONCUSSION RECOVERY GUIDE FOR CHILDREN/ADOLESCENTS
• Based on evidenced based research and clinically validated post-concussion assessment test
• Asks parents to rate the severity of the child’s symptoms pre-injury and how they are now
• Parents are provided with tasks and concussion education based on their child’s symptoms and progress
• Guides parents on safe return to school and play, based on latest research and clinical guidelines
• Parents referred to medical practitioner for clearance prior to return to play
Added support for iPhone X, XS, XR, XS Max displays
Ratings and Reviews
Restored peace and order!
Tonight I was out having dinner when I heard a little girl crying, she was holding her head as she ran past me to her mother. As they turned around I would see a lump the size of a golf ball on her head. The mother was getting into a panic and ask the restaurant for some ice, I grabbed my phone and immediately opened my HeadCheck app, walked over and introduced myself and said is it ok if I ask you a few questions, both were ok, went through all the questions and answers and by the end of the questions we were able to determine if she needed to go to emergency. The mum was so grateful for me being there and was able to keep her calm. All in all the app was brilliant and easy to follow, gave very specific instructions via the cards, thank you 😄
Great tool for parents
This app has been a great tool for our football club. A lot of the parents carry it and have already used it during training and games. And it's free! Great work.
Great app for parents and teachers
Can easily be used to take the guess work out of deciding on whether your child has a concussion or not and what to do.
- Murdoch Childrens Research Institute
- 63.1 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © Copyright Murdoch Children’s Research Institute
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.