Apple Books 12+
Books & audiobooks you’ll love
Apple Books lets you lose yourself in the best books and audiobooks on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Apple Watch. You’ll find bestsellers, classics, up-and-coming authors and more – all ready to instantly download and enjoy.
• Selection: Explore millions of books and audiobooks from every category including fiction, non-fiction, mysteries, thrillers, romance, children's books, comics and more.
• Book Store: Check out Top Charts and find new releases, limited-time offers and recommendations for you, updated every week.
• Audiobooks: Discover great audiobooks read by actors, authors and other memorable voices.
• Free samples: Preview books and audiobooks while you browse, and download free samples – sometimes before they’re available anywhere else.
• Want to Read: Keep track of books and audiobooks you’d like to read next by adding them to your Want to Read collection.
• Audiobooks app for Apple Watch: Listen to your favourite audiobooks on your next hike, run or exercise session, all from your wrist.
• Customise your reading experience: Choose between a selection of fonts and easy-to-read page colours. Use Auto-Night mode to adjust your screen brightness to make reading more comfortable on your eyes. Enable Scrolling View to move continuously through books instead of turning pages.
• Access any of the books you purchase from Apple Books on all of your devices.
• Share your book and audiobook purchases with up to six family members using Family Sharing.
• Organise your books and PDFs into personal collections that will appear on all of your devices.
• Access bookmarks, highlights, notes and your current page on all of your devices.
Requirements & Store Availability
• The Book Store is available in many countries. The selection of available books varies by country.
• Downloading content from Books or iCloud requires an Apple ID and internet access.
Ratings and Reviews
Let’s move forward
Years ago I used to be able to see my books in categories and I loved it - I could easily find a new book for every mood, but then an update came and it disappeared and never came back… I used to quick tap top right corner to bookmark a page, now that corner closes the book… bookmarks used to be visible and tap on/off, now they don’t show unless you search them and apparently you can add multiple bookmarks to the same page… it’s harder to scroll now, and there are loading errors and I feel like each update makes the reading experience a little worse. I appreciate that someone has gone to a lot of effort to make it pretty, but please bring back the useful ways it used to work! Please focus on the user experience- we open the app to read a book, make it easy to find one (eg categories, read/not read, download date, series, authors folders, search options etc) easy to see an overview (eg tap to open in store, unless you are already reading it), easy to read (the old one-tap options showing at top/bottom were great, no excess menus or taps, just tap to hide) and basic preferences in-app for users to create their own experiences (eg to choose bookmark menu on top, always open in store first, put read goals at top, hide suggestions etc)
I challenge you to put old and new together and give the users the choice of what they want to see, are you willing? Good luck and I hope it works! -Irene
Shouldn’t have to go into the main settings to get rid of goals!
Look, I get it. There are folks in this world who need reading goals to engage with the written world.
I am the absolute opposite of those folks.
My heart sank when I got congratulated for reading two days in a row following an app update- months of effort to get my reading habits under control were made shaky in a split second. In app turn off didn’t work, and I was on the verge of panic. By chance checked the settings menu, and found the full disabling switch buried in there.
These settings should not be on by default at all, and that the update turned them on is very poor form.
I hate the new UI
Wouldn't people be happy to blow up your beloved books app with the new app? Congratulations on blowing it up. The newest update is frustatingly hard to navigate. You should stop destroying apps. The original books app was comfortable, and I like the UI but the new UI—whatever, I do not! Do you see a lot of complaints? They all hate the new UI! Just change it back and people would like it! The close button and options button is annoyingly hard to make it appear again, the page turning animation is good and now replaced with a trash animation that makes no sense to change to, the button at the bottom is terrible, change it to various button that appear by default. If you leave the new UI, people will be angry!!! So just change!!! I hate the new UI!!! It's so uncomfortable, is ridiculous, and easy to get irritate!!! Congratulations on wasting your time doing a pointless thing only to increase the amount of critical reviews! I hate the new update! The UI is just confusing to use and already lots of people are hating it! Change it back and you'll get more 5 star ratings!!! Just do it!!!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Pty Limited
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- ©2022 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.