Imaging Edge Mobile allows images/videos to be transferred to a smartphone/tablet, enables remote shooting, and provides location information to images captured by a camera.
■ Transfer images from a camera to a smartphone
- You can transfer images/videos.
- The selection and transfer of images after shooting are no longer needed as the automatic background transfer function allows images to be transferred to a smartphone as they are captured. *1
- High bit rate video files including 4K can be transferred. *2
- You can view and transfer images in your camera from your smartphone even when the camera is turned off. *2
- After transferring, you can immediately share your high quality images on social networks or through email.
*1 See here for supported cameras. Files are imported in 2MP size when using this function.
*2 See here for supported cameras. Availability of video transfer and playback varies depending on smartphone in use.
■ Remote shooting of a camera using a smartphone
- You can capture photos/videos remotely while checking the live view of a camera on a smartphone. *3
This is convenient for capturing night views or water flowing scenes which need long-exposure, or macro shooting in which you need to avoid to directly touch the camera.
*3 Models that support PlayMemories Camera Apps can use this feature by installing "Smart Remote Control" (in-camera app) on your camera in advance.
■ Record location information
- With cameras that have a location information linkage function, the location information acquired by the smartphone can be added to the captured image in your camera.
For supported models and detailed operation methods, see the support page below.
- Even with cameras that do not have a location information linkage function, it is possible to add location information acquired by your smartphone to the photos saved on your smartphone during remote shooting.
■Save and Apply Settings
- You can save up to 20 camera settings in Imaging Edge Mobile.
You can also apply a saved setting to a camera. *4
*4 See here for supported cameras. Save and Apply Settings are supported only for cameras with the same model name.
- Supported operating systems: iOS14.8-15.5
- This app is not guaranteed to work with all smartphones/tablets.
- Features/Functions available for this app vary depending on the camera you are using.
- For supported models and information on features/functions, see the support page below.
Supports ILME-FX3 System Software Update Ver. 2.00.
- Stores the initial pairing of the app with your camera so that you can transfer images or perform remote shooting by simply operating the app when you start it subsequently.
- Supports remote shooting in a new log shooting mode, such as Cine EI mode.
- Supports remote shooting in flexible exposure mode.
Ratings and Reviews
Lacks enough features for even casual use
Almost comically unusable. Requires your phone to connect to a WiFi network hosted by the camera so you can’t use it for anything else. Can’t reliably stay connected to that if you happen to directly use the camera. Which you have to because the app lacks such fundamental features as being able to focus. If you’ve configured back button focus better hope your subject is already in focus.
Even by the standards of “have to have an app so you can put a check in a marketing checklist” thing thing is a catastrophe. Sony would have been better off with people being annoyed with not having an app than frustrated that someone thought this is in any way acceptable.
As the maker of both the phone and app it doesn’t matter if the app limitations are because the phone doesn’t support necessary features. Sony is ultimately responsible. They need to scrap this app and try again from the beginning but competently this time.
Doesn’t work with IOS13 - unable to copy photos from a6300
Worst app ever! Doesn’t work with IOS13 - you can’t copy your photos from a6300. What a shame on Sony! We paid you thousands of $$$, but can’t use your product. You suggestion to reset network settings on iphone doesn’t work as a permanent fix. You need to do it each time you want to connect to the camera. And you lose ALL your wifi passwords (home, work etc) when you reset your network settings. And then you need to enter all of your passwords manually! It’s totally inconvenient. And if you don’t remember all passwords - you are in trouble. Sony, have some dignity and fix this issue ASAP! Otherwise, you will lose your clients. It has been broken for a month already. Millions of cameras all over the globe turned into useless bricks. Shame!
It used to work
Ever since the recent upgrade the app has not worked on my a7iii. I am not alone. I took my camera to a big reputable camera store today and 2 of the people working there tried to get the app going and failed. I have deleted and reinstalled the app, 'forgotten' the network and re-established it, reseated the data cards and battery and a bunch of other things besides. I know full well that this is happening with many cameras.
I wonder what testing was done before this very poor excuse for an upgrade was inflicted on the unsuspecting user community.
Sony is a global tech giant and this is simply unacceptable. If I could give zero stars I would. Woeful customer service.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sony Corporation
- 57.8 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 14.8 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.8 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.8 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2012 - 2022 Sony Corporation