Imaging Edge Mobile is a free application that succeeds PlayMemories Mobile.
It allows images/videos to be transferred to a smartphone/tablet, enables remote shooting, and provides location information to images captured by a camera.
You can continue using the features/functions of PlayMemories Mobile with Imaging Edge Mobile.
■ Transfer images from a camera to a smartphone
- You can transfer images/videos.
- After transferring, you can immediately share your high quality images on social networks or through email.
■ Remote shooting of a camera using a smartphone
- You can capture photos/videos remotely while checking the live view of a camera on a smartphone. *1
This is convenient for capturing night views or water flowing scenes which need long-exposure, or macro shooting in which you need to avoid to directly touch the camera.
*1 Models that support PlayMemories Camera Apps can use this feature by installing "Smart Remote Control" (in-camera app) on your camera in advance.
■ Record location information
- With cameras that have a location information linkage function, the location information acquired by the smartphone can be added to the captured image in your camera.
For supported models and detailed operation methods, see the support page below.
- Even with cameras that do not have a location information linkage function, it is possible to add location information acquired by your smartphone to the photos saved on your smartphone during remote shooting.
- Supported operating systems: iOS11.4-12.1
- This app is not guaranteed to work with all smartphones/tablets.
- Features/Functions available for this app vary depending on the camera you are using.
- For supported models and information on features/functions, see the support page below.
・PlayMemories Mobile has been renewed Imaging Edge Mobile.
・You can continue using existing features/functions with Imaging Edge Mobile.
・Support image/video transfers and remote shooting.
Ratings and Reviews
Really Sony? This is the best you can come up with? The tap to focus is a great feature but only works in photo mode, why not add this feature for video? It’s obviously possible to have control of the whole menu system through the app (look at Gopro, DJI, CamRanger, etc.) what about time lapse? You have to buy an extra app for the camera from the Sony store. It’s cheap but a pain to download to the camera and even if you do download it you have to go through the camera to use it. What about zebra & focus peaking on the device. Not saying everything should be in this app but why not at least develop an app for professionals to have full control of the camera and charge for it. Every working photographer/videographer would buy it. How hard is it? Support the people that support you!
Basic control of handycam
What the app does appears very stable and has worked easily and reliably. It is nice to be able to remotely view what the cam is seeing and remotely trigger a photo or video. It automatically saves photos on the camera and phone which is handy. With the FDRAX33 handycam the control is basic which is disappointing given a short coming of the camera is the insensitive touch screen and clunky menu to change settings. Hoping the developers will allow more settings to be changed via the app soon! (Please).
So slow - poorly written
This app is so slow!
I have a Sony camera mounted on top of a building site and physically inaccessible. It is taking daily time lapse photos (60 sec interval).
This app takes hours to retrieve the images over WiFi. The app also can not retrieve images while the camera is in time lapse mode so I can only transfer the photos after dark. That is dumb.
When the app copies the photos to my Camera Roll it gives the photos RANDOM FILENAMES! I have to use a program to extract the EXIF date and rename all the photos in the time lapse.
Please fix the image transfer over WiFi so that it doesn’t have to get ALL the thumbnails before transferring. Just put a button that transfers all photos.
Also why can’t I move the images? I have to copy and then delete. The delete takes hours also because it requests every thumbnail image from the camera.
Do some real world application testing, Sony!
- Sony Imaging Products & Solutions Inc.
- 61.6 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2012 - 2019 Sony Imaging Products & Solutions Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.