LOCAL WEATHER FOR AUSTRALIANS
WillyWeather is a feature-rich weather app that includes BoM radar and satellite, detailed wind, rain, tide, swell and UV forecasts, as well as moon phases, and sunrise and sunset times.
Going beyond the average weather service, we process and fine-tune forecast data to the specific coordinates of over 17,000 Australian locations including all suburbs, towns, beaches, rivers, parks, lakes and islands.
• WEATHER - Seven day BoM weather forecasts tailored to each location including min/max temperatures, and detailed weather descriptions.
• RADAR - Raw BoM radar data, refined, processed and integrated with iOS maps.
• SATELLITE - National satellite view, displaying cloud cover for the entire Australian continent integrated with iOS maps.
• TIDES - The most comprehensive tide times system in Australia, bringing together BoM standard port data with offsets from the Australian National Tide Tables and various state based marine agencies. Includes every beach in Australia, and many river systems and inlets.
• WIND - An amalgamation of the most accurate global wind forecast models gathered from the BoM, NOAA and ECMWF, interpolated to the exact coordinates for each location and vetted against real-time wind observations to deliver the best performing information.
• UV - Hourly UV index forecasts, including alerts outlining extreme conditions when there is risk of harm from unprotected sun exposure.
• MOON PHASES - Full moon and new moon phases, illumination and rise and set times. Deeply integrated with tidal data.
• RAINFALL - Intuitive visual indication of rainfall probability and intensity for the week ahead, using the latest ACCESS models provided by the BoM.
• SWELL - Swell height, period and direction for each beach in Australia.
• SUNRISE SUNSET - Sunrise and sunset times with first light and last light.
• REAL TIME observational data - with trends for all locations including current temperature, feels-like temperature, rain today, rain last hour, humidity, pressure, wind speed, wind direction, wind gusts and dew point.
• BOM WARNINGS - Easily accessible and specifically targeted to the locations affected.
• Interactive rainfall radar and satellite, using iOS maps: pan and zoom like you've always wanted through the national BoM radar network, and continental satellite view to see exactly where rain is falling around you, or your favourite locations. Our mapping features provides more control, and more detail than any other Australian weather source.
• Stunning, interactive tide, swell, and wind forecast graphs which allow you to easily understand the conditions at your favourite surf beach, secret fishing spot or upcoming hike - in real-time, and up to seven days in the future. We're particularly proud of our graphs, we pushed the boundaries to provide you with more context, and more detail for each weather type.
• A beautiful, simple and organised interface in which the weather data that is important to you is easy to find, consume and interact with. Our goal was to present accurate and relevant weather information to you, as quickly, and easily as possible.
- improves: support for iOS 14
- adds: countdown to the next radar frame
- fixes: issue in "follow-me" feature where updates incorrectly suggest the user is in far-north Queensland
- fixes: issue where favourite graph plot order may be lost when re-opening
- fixes: issue where some additional real-time station data (humidity/apparent temperature) from nearby stations couldn't be added to graphs
- fixes: issue where forecast view may not scroll to top when refreshed
- fixes: issue where "Save" button was unable to be tapped on the graphs view on iPad (and sometimes on iPhone)
- improves: flexibility of graph and mapping favorites to not automatically pin your location to the configuration, and allowing it to be removed on existing configurations
- improves: layout of weather views by no longer animating the insertion of ads
- improves: layout of weather views by ensuring ads are no longer positioned in the list in the incorrect order
- improves: stability of ad insertions
- improves: accuracy of the "follow-me" feature, should update more regularly to better reflect your physical location
- improves: layout of rainfall view, by ensuring the bottom MREC ad is presented in the correct position
- improves: stability after triggering an ad removal via account login
- improves: display of mapping on iPad by now displaying full-screen
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
🌟BEST WEATHER APP EVER 🌟
Seriously the most accurate weather app you'll find in the App Store!
I know this because over the last 2-3 years I tried over 10 weather Apps then uninstalled them as they were all ‘show’ but lacked important detailed info + accurate weather forecasts!
"Willy Weather" is accurate AND there’s ample additional info like: sunrise/sunset, tides, rainfall, wind, live synoptic charts, barometric pressure, humidity, moon phases, much much more plus up-to-date weather warnings like 'extreme wind warning', fire danger or flood etc.
All info is easily found in-app with extra more detailed info available when you press the " ••• " on the menu bar.
Aesthetically the ‘look’ of the app may not be as appealing as some apps out there, but that’s because they have focussed on accuracy & details you need from day to day, rather than creating a weather app that - like other apps - looks 'pretty' and gives you inaccurate or completely wrong information? ...
Ever gone out dressed for a cold day only to swelter as the temperature rises or found yourself underdressed when your app said it’d be warm, but the temp has dropped, and all cos your app gave you misleading info!!
"Willy Weather' will surprise you with its accuracy & ease of use. Try it !! 👍
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for your review Margers!
Removed shortcut buttons: less user friendly
This app has never saved the changes made to the default graph on the main screen. Most irritating. Fortunately at the top of the screen there was an icon giving one-tap access to my saved customised graph. Open app, tap, voila: I could see the thing that I refer to most often and exactly how I want it. *Now* I have to open app, tap on favourites, scroll to the bottom of my saved places list (because I can’t even move my graph favourite to the top) and tap again. So Developer Greg, *please* don’t paste in your boiler plate text about how it’s still “easy” to see a custom graph. I know how to do it. It’s now more steps and more user friction.
If you’re not going to restore the shortcut buttons, please let us edit the sequence of panels on the main screen so those who want to see a (custom!) graph at the top can, those who want forecasts first can, those who want radar first, etc. You let us edit tab sequence, how about main screen panels?
Backstory: I’m seeking a replacement to the superb but now defunct Pocket Weather, which opened with graph view rather than forecasts, and I thought this app might have been the one. I even paid to remove ads. But with this change (together with the need to scroll to see radar instead of tapping on the radar icon to jump to it) I’m rethinking that.
Developer Response ,
Hi Thomasina, Thanks for the thoughtful feedback. I am flagging it for discussion. We do listen, but like all app developers we have future directions and plans that we do not always disclose. Moving the map and graph shortcuts frees up real estate that can be used in other ways. The favourites system is a step forward for us, also. Be assured, however, that we are a very active team, and are always tweaking. Hopefully we can justify your initial faith in the future. Greg, WillyWeather Support
Best weather App for the Apple Watch
At the moment the best and probably the only weather app for Apple Watch that shows the current temperature. If I can make a suggestion to have the Feel Like temperature enabled to be shown in a complication in addition to the current and max temperatures. Leaving in Melbourne where the temperatures fluctuate from 5 to 25 in winter and 10 to 45 in summer and the max temperatures usually last only couple of hours, majority being in the lower half and where the cold winds make huge difference to what the actual outside temperature is compared to what the official BOM thermometer can measure. I’m interested to see if outside is actually feeling like a freezing 8 degrees rather then the reported warmish 13.
- WillyWeather (AU) Pty Ltd
- 94.6 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 and watchOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 WillyWeather
- In-App Purchases
- Ad Removal $5.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.