LOCAL WEATHER FOR AUSTRALIANS
WillyWeather is a feature-rich weather app that includes BoM radar and satellite, detailed wind, rain, tide, swell and UV forecasts, as well as moon phases, and sunrise and sunset times.
Going beyond the average weather service, we process and fine-tune forecast data to the specific coordinates of over 17,000 Australian locations including all suburbs, towns, beaches, rivers, parks, lakes and islands.
• WEATHER - Seven day BoM weather forecasts tailored to each location including min/max temperatures, and detailed weather descriptions.
• RADAR - Raw BoM radar data, refined, processed and integrated with iOS maps.
• SATELLITE - National satellite view, displaying cloud cover for the entire Australian continent integrated with iOS maps.
• TIDES - The most comprehensive tide times system in Australia, bringing together BoM standard port data with offsets from the Australian National Tide Tables and various state based marine agencies. Includes every beach in Australia, and many river systems and inlets.
• WIND - An amalgamation of the most accurate global wind forecast models gathered from the BoM, NOAA and ECMWF, interpolated to the exact coordinates for each location and vetted against real-time wind observations to deliver the best performing information.
• UV - Hourly UV index forecasts, including alerts outlining extreme conditions when there is risk of harm from unprotected sun exposure.
• MOON PHASES - Full moon and new moon phases, illumination and rise and set times. Deeply integrated with tidal data.
• RAINFALL - Intuitive visual indication of rainfall probability and intensity for the week ahead, using the latest ACCESS models provided by the BoM.
• SWELL - Swell height, period and direction for each beach in Australia.
• SUNRISE SUNSET - Sunrise and sunset times with first light and last light.
• REAL TIME observational data - with trends for all locations including current temperature, feels-like temperature, rain today, rain last hour, humidity, pressure, wind speed, wind direction, wind gusts and dew point.
• BOM WARNINGS - Easily accessible and specifically targeted to the locations affected.
• Interactive rainfall radar and satellite, using iOS maps: pan and zoom like you've always wanted through the national BoM radar network, and continental satellite view to see exactly where rain is falling around you, or your favourite locations. Our mapping features provides more control, and more detail than any other Australian weather source.
• Stunning, interactive tide, swell, and wind forecast graphs which allow you to easily understand the conditions at your favourite surf beach, secret fishing spot or upcoming hike - in real-time, and up to seven days in the future. We're particularly proud of our graphs, we pushed the boundaries to provide you with more context, and more detail for each weather type.
• A beautiful, simple and organised interface in which the weather data that is important to you is easy to find, consume and interact with. Our goal was to present accurate and relevant weather information to you, as quickly, and easily as possible.
- adds: feature where the app will now remember the weather type viewed and will re-start there in the case it's terminated in the background (thanks for the feedback!)
- fixes: issue where the detailed daily forecast precis view could not be scrolled
- fixes: issue where 'feels-like' temperature could sometimes be graphed on a different scale to other temperature types
Ratings and Reviews
🌟BEST WEATHER APP EVER 🌟
Seriously the most accurate weather app you'll find in the App Store!
I know this because over the last 2-3 years I tried over 10 weather Apps then uninstalled them as they were all ‘show’ but lacked important detailed info + accurate weather forecasts!
"Willy Weather" is accurate AND there’s ample additional info like: sunrise/sunset, tides, rainfall, wind, live synoptic charts, barometric pressure, humidity, moon phases, much much more plus up-to-date weather warnings like 'extreme wind warning', fire danger or flood etc.
All info is easily found in-app with extra more detailed info available when you press the " ••• " on the menu bar.
Aesthetically the ‘look’ of the app may not be as appealing as some apps out there, but that’s because they have focussed on accuracy & details you need from day to day, rather than creating a weather app that - like other apps - looks 'pretty' and gives you inaccurate or completely wrong information? ...
Ever gone out dressed for a cold day only to swelter as the temperature rises or found yourself underdressed when your app said it’d be warm, but the temp has dropped, and all cos your app gave you misleading info!!
"Willy Weather' will surprise you with its accuracy & ease of use. Try it !! 👍
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for your review Margers!
Best weather App for the Apple Watch
At the moment the best and probably the only weather app for Apple Watch that shows the current temperature. If I can make a suggestion to have the Feel Like temperature enabled to be shown in a complication in addition to the current and max temperatures. Leaving in Melbourne where the temperatures fluctuate from 5 to 25 in winter and 10 to 45 in summer and the max temperatures usually last only couple of hours, majority being in the lower half and where the cold winds make huge difference to what the actual outside temperature is compared to what the official BOM thermometer can measure. I’m interested to see if outside is actually feeling like a freezing 8 degrees rather then the reported warmish 13.
Perfect for beach and river tide and wind info
I use the app to decide which beach to go to depending on the tide, swell and wind direction. It also helps me when deciding which spot on the river to put our kayaks in. It's not just important to know when the rain is coming but which direction the river is running and where there will be water over the sand bars. This app is the only one I've found that tells me all the weather elements I need at all the locations on the river that I visit. Perfect! A year on, it's still the perfect weather app. I used it recently while travelling around Australia. I love it.
- WillyWeather (AU) Pty Ltd
- 76.9 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 and watchOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 WillyWeather
- In-App Purchases
- Ad Removal $5.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.