The Helpful Humans at Advantage Air welcome you to MyPlace!
MyPlace is the answer to simple and affordable home control. MyPlace joins our leading systems, MyAir and MyLights in a user friendly app that allows control of your zoned ducted air conditioning, home lighting and for the first time, unlock the potential of full home control with additional “Keys.”
These “keys” now unlock control of compatible 240 volt appliances such as Garage doors and Blinds which can be controlled worldwide.
Worldwide Control - to use this feature you need to have a MyPlace Tablet installed and connected to your home wifi network. Simply install the app on your Apple Device, once you have connected the phone to the matching wifi network your phone will connect automatically.
If you have more questions or are a current MyPlace user, our Australian Based support group, MyTeam, can assist with mobile connection and troubleshooting.
For more info on MyPlace please go to https://www.advantageair.com.au/myplace/
For help: 1300 850 191 or email@example.com
• The MyTime feature, for individual lights timing, has moved to the scenes page as part of the new options for scheduling.
• For existing MyAir & MyLight clients, you will now have the ability to control both features from the purple MyPlace Tab.
• The new purple MyPlace Tab will now feature additional “Keys” which can be controlled through your MyPlace App and will operate compatible 240 volt hard wired appliances like garage doors and window blinds.
Ratings and Reviews
Could be so much better
While it does work to turn your air con on and off it just lacks so many basic features.
Most of these have been requested so many times but seems to fall on deaf ears at Advantage Air.
1. Measured Temp - How you can you display this? It is possibly one of the most requested features and is also the most basic. It is visible via your API why no show it in the app? I have sensors in all my rooms but can’t see the temps they are measuring.
2. Tablet Version - This app is only made for iphone.. WHY??. Most people have home automation running from a tablet due to its size. I have to turn my head on the size in order to use your app on my iPad..... silly. It is just an update to the GUI..
3. Security - Where is the security to prevent unauthorised use. Anyone that is connected to my Wi-Fi can instantly control my home Air-Con. And what is worst they are also given remote access ability. This is a major security flaw in your system and should be looked into.
4. Plans - They do not work on the iPhone. I can add a plan via the phone however the Save button doesn’t do anything. I have to go to the wall tablet do all my plans from there.
Come on guys. Most of these stuff is pretty basic not to mentioned requested from so many of your users. Why not make an ok app GREAT!!
Missing so many basics it devalues your expensive aircon
Advantage air temperature sensors are so inaccurate (+-3.0 degrees according to api outputs !), that our system can’t reliably maintain any steady temperature in any room, and what frustrates this problem even more is the app only lets you set whole numbers for temperature Ie 22 or 23, not 22.5 etc. Couple the above mentioned massive sensor inaccuracy with your own aircon systems internally set tolerance of perhaps 2 degrees, once MyAir the system rounds up or down to the nearest whole figure we are seeing figures of up to 4 degrees off what has been set and can’t make this any more accurate. MyAir please at least give us the ability to select half degree increments to better calibrate individual rooms to a temp with less rounding and randomness. The MyAir system involves so many dynamic parts that to not have enough granular control of temps to at least 0.5 degrees (so as to partly defeat rounding issues) makes it a poor system in a home with many zones, particularly zones with wider variances in baseline daytime temps before any cooling.
Developer Response ,
Sorry to hear that you are not happy with the temp sensors. There are somethings that can be done to your existing system to get this closer to what you are requiring. If you would contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org we can work together to get this resolved.
Matt from the MyTeam
Great Features and User Interface
I have found the app to work very well. The overall user interface is clear and looks pleasant. The system is very easy to use, and changes to set points made on the tablet or on the iOS app are reflected very quickly on the AC unit or zone motors. The pairing of iOS devices to the tablet is super simple and requires no user interaction.
The only thing that could be improved would be Apple HomeKit support - the rest of my house (doors, lights, temperature, light and humidity sensors) are on HomeKit. Turning on my AC from my Apple Watch would be great - “Hey Siri, turn on the Air Conditioner”. If MyLights was HomeKit compatible, I’d consider fitting the whole house out with it.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.