SkoolBag: School Communication 4+
SKOOLBAG PTY LTD
SkoolBag brings your community together by connecting parents, students and staff.
Getting started is easy. Create your free account and login to add your school(s).
Designed with simplicity in mind as the all-in-one communication solution for schools. It's one app for:
* instant notices
* school newsletters
* absentee and permission forms
* important links & documents
* and more
* Add one or more schools to your app
* Admins can post updates from the app to stay connected on-the-go
* Subscribe to specific groups relevant to you (e.g. Year 4, Band, Staff Updates, P&C Updates)
* Browse the event calendar, view maps, and add events to your personal calendar
* Make & receive payments for school fees, excursions and other events
* View school newsletters
* School profile links to systems like parent portal, canteen, parent-teacher interviews and more
* eForms (Absentee, Permission Slips, School Surveys and more)
- You'll notice newly designed interfaces for all features throughout the app, giving it a fresh look and feel.
- We've added a Resources screen to make it easier for you to find essential features and information about your school or organisation. Here, you can access eForms, manage the schools or organisations you follow, update your user profile and password, view important links shared by your school, and see the Groups you've subscribed to.
- Minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
The only thing I don’t like about this app is every time one new notification comes in it still shows up to 5+ red new notifications after I’ve already read the previous ones and there is only one new one.
I hope I explained that properly because it would be really good if it was fixed and it starts showing a red number for unread notifications only that I haven’t read yet instead of up to 5+ including the ones I read previously and the day before.
Not a fan since the update
It would be nice to be able to remove the discover group. After years of using the app, I just don’t need it and it’s clogs up the screen. At least hide it somewhere in the menu so I don’t have to see it.
Secondly, I can’t archive posts I’ve seen so I have to scroll thru the same useless posts and makes it difficult to find a specific post so this screen is annoying. This WOULD be fine because I can remove it from the groups page, however, I have 2 kids so am subscribed to 2 year groups and while I can archive posts here, I have to flick back and forth between groups to see what’s going on. Ideally, the main screen should show all the groups I’m subscribed to in a single screen AND I should be allowed to archive the posts I no longer want to see. The user experience just seems over complicated for what could just be one simple notice board.
Oh and it would be nice to be able to flip my screen and read notices in landscape. PDFs have tiny font and it’s annoying having to zoom in and out.
Developer Response ,
Hi there - thanks for the feedback. We will be bringing the landscape view for documents in an upcoming release. We also plan to make improvements to archiving. Please email us on email@example.com so we can further chat about this.
This app use to be good. Doesn't always reliably change notifications from read to unread anymore. This added to the fact that I am no longer able to archive notifications after reading them makes this app very frustrating to use. Notifications page has become very cluttered with old notifications.
Periodically this app will log me out or just stop receiving notifications & a reinstall is the only way to fix the problem. However I often miss important information from my child's school before I realise that has happened.
I would suggest doing away with the fancy pictures on the notes on the home page, & just focus on having the main functions working properly.
I feel sorry for the developers as I suspect that budgetary issues are behind this app's decline. This app's concept & basic function are really good, & when it works well is a great app, but I would not recommend this app in its current form.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- SKOOLBAG PTY LTD
- 58.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Skoolbag Pty Ltd