“Lanthier” is a Canadian internal medicine app based on the seventh edition of the pocketbook. Completely re-imagined for iOS, this app will allow any physician, resident or medical student to access up-to-date medical information and guidelines quickly and efficiently.
• Contains Canadian guidelines when available.
Free 7 days trial subscription!
“Lanthier Practical Guide to Internal Medicine is a good choice for an app to replace your pocketbook. Beyond providing quality content with references, it has an excellent design that makes it more than just a digitized version of a book. Finding clinically relevant information about a condition is quick and easy.”
— FEATURES —
• Concise: edited to be useful at the bedside.
• Fast: advanced search function, intuitive menus.
• Direct link to the references on PubMed and now through Read by QxMD (internet connection required). Build your paper collection using articles selected by Dr Lanthier himself.
• MedCalX integration (sold separately): for quick access to the trusted medical calculator.
• Take personal notes within the topics and synchronize them across your iOS devices. Perfect for studying for board exams!
— TOPICS —
General Internal Medicine
— ABOUT THE LEAD AUTHORS —
Dr Luc Lanthier practices General Internal Medicine at the Sherbrooke University Hospital Center and is a Professor of Medicine at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences of the University of Sherbrooke. He is former chair of the French Examination Board for Internal Medicine Exam at the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
Dr Donald Echenberg practices General Internal Medicine at the Sherbrooke University Hospital Center and is an Associate Professor of Medicine at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences of the University of Sherbrooke. He is past president of the Canadian Society of Internal Medicine and is currently Governor of the Quebec Chapter of the American College of Physicians.
— DISCLAIMER —
This publication (application) is to be used as a guide only. It is intended only for use by licensed medical practitioners and medical students. Every doctor (or prescriber) is responsible for their actions. This guide is not meant to replace clinical judgment.
The authors of Lanthier — Practical Guide to Internal Medicine make no claims of the accuracy of the information contained herein. The authors of this application and its content shall not be liable for any injury and/or damage to persons or property arising from the use of this application.
It is the responsibility of the licensed prescriber to verify the indications, contraindications and dosage of the medication (and actions) they prescribe.
— ABOUT SUBSCRIPTION —
Lanthier - Internal Medicine is offered as a subscription service, renewed automatically.
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
The subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
The iTunes Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the aplication «Settings» section and tapping «Manage Subscriptions» after purchase.
- New sections: neuroendocrine tumors in the endocrinology chapter and smoking cessation in the respirology chapter.
- New subsection: steroid weaning in “Adrenal Disorders”.
- Minor changes to all chapters.
- New drugs in the Drugs section: risankisumab (Skyrizi).
- Additions of more than 120 new references.
Ratings and Reviews
Le Lanthier me suit partout, un outil essentiel pour la clinique. D'un étudiant de 2e année à Sherbrooke.
Certains segments ne fonctionnent pas
Je l’utilisais beaucoup mais depuis la mise à jour certains dossiers comme l’hypothyroïdie ne fonctionne plus et il manque de description pour les traitements Mais application somme toute correcte
Developer Response ,
Merci pour le commentaire; nous allons régler ce problème dans l'ancienne édition lors de la prochaine mise à jour. Pour les utilisateurs de la nouvelle édition il ne devrait pas y avoir de problème. Pour la description des traitements, je transfert le commentaire au Dr Lanthier.
La premère version était honnête, sans plus. Cette version du Lanthier est digne des grands "textbooks" médicaux. Extrêmement bonne référence. Félicitations
- Les Editions Formed inc.
- 119 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2018 Éditions Formed inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Lanthier - current users $24.99
- Lanthier - new users $24.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.