Navigate your world faster and easier with Google Maps. Over 220 countries and territories mapped, with hundreds of millions of businesses and places on the map. Get real-time GPS navigation, traffic and public transport info, and explore local neighbourhoods knowing where to eat, drink and go - no matter what part of the world you’re in.
Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train or lift-share with real-time public transport info
• Save time with automatic rerouting based on live traffic, incidents and road closures
Discover places and explore like a local
• Discover local restaurants, events and activities that matter to you
• See what’s trending and new places that are opening in the areas you care about
• Decide more confidently with “Your match”, a number representing how likely you are to like a place
• Group planning made easy. Share a shortlist of options and vote in real time
• Create lists of your favourite places and share with friends
• Follow must-try places recommended by local experts, Google and publishers
More experiences on Google Maps
• Offline maps to search and navigate without an Internet connection
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, museums and more
• Indoor maps to quickly find your way inside big places like airports, shopping centres and stadiums
* Some features not available in all countries
Thanks for using Google Maps! This release brings bug fixes that improve our product to help you discover new places and navigate to them.
Ratings and Reviews
The redirecting is still not working. Always I click on a link in a Webbrowser at first didn’t copy the link to google maps. So I deleted google maps and downloaded it again now it’s even worse. It opens maps on a Webbrowser and then it asks me if I would like to open it on google maps app so I click on yes and it says I don’t have the app on my phone and redirects me to App Store.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for reporting this issue. Can you please tell us a little bit more about what you're experiencing so we can investigate further? Alternatively, if you continue to experience issues with this please create a post in our Google Maps Forum for our community of experts to assist: https://goo.gl/tEyBk
I don’t like apps UX
I feel, that Google Maps get worse and worse UX design over the year, it feels unintuitive, when I use maps after a long time and quickly need to change from walk to car I always have to stop and rediscover how to change it, which is stressful and harder to find when you are under a lot of pressure.
In old ones it was quickly accessible, now I have to remember it is not under start navigation, but under directions to start the maps. Another thing is changing to satellite view. I had to go through whole app after I realized it’s hidden under small icon (without colors) in top right corner under the search bar...
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review. Please submit your feedback through the application: open maps, select ☰ (Side menu top left corner) > Send feedback > Your opinions about Maps > Submit. This will ensure your feedback is sent directly to the teams that can use your ideas.
1 bug + 1 questionable UX choice
I can’t see my saved places on the map (starred, want to go....) anymore, is this a bug? It was super useful to be able to zoom on the map and see my saved places without having to search for them from the list.
As for UX, is it on purpose that the streets are white against a light beige background? This makes it very hard to read a map. Unless you’re doing it on purpose so people have to chose to follow directions (the blue lines) which allows you to gather more data on your users than if they were just using google maps as... a map.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your patience as we worked on this problem. With the latest app release, this issue should now be resolved, and your saved locations should once again be visible. Please ensure your Map is up to date with this Google Maps Help Center link: https://support.google.com/maps/answer/3615175?co=GENIE.Platform%3DiOS&oco=0. We appreciate your patience while this investigated and please let us know if you continue to have issues with your saved places.
- Google LLC
- 221.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Google Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.