Adobe Photoshop Lightroom is a free, powerful, yet intuitive photo editor. Lightroom also provides a robust premium offering filled with advanced features to take your photography further. Check out all the features below.
• PRESETS: Make dramatic changes to your photos with our single touch photo editor
• PROFILES: Use these one-tap miracles to create visually striking changes to the look-and-feel of your photo edits
• CURVES: Make advanced photo edits to change color, exposure, tone, and contrast
• COLOR MIXER: Refine and tweak colors on your photo to make them pop
• CLARITY, TEXTURE & DEHAZE: Breathe life into your photo edits with these industry-leading tools
• INTERACTIVE TUTORIALS: Get inspired and learn how to make the photo edits you want by completing step-by-step lessons curated by fellow photographers
• ORGANIZE & MANAGE: Use folders, albums, star ratings and flags to highlight your best photos
Take your photography to the next level with Lightroom Premium! Upgrade to unlock easy-to-use tools like the Healing Brush, selective adjustments, geometry, cloud storage, Adobe Sensei, and more.
• HEALING BRUSH: Take complete control of your image by removing just about anything from your photo
• SELECTIVE ADJUSTMENTS: Precisely edit any part of a photo with your finger or Apple Pencil to apply enhancements with exact detail
• GEOMETRY: Create super clean shots with straight lines by adjusting the perspective of your image with powerful upright and geometry slider tools
• RAW EDITING: Import raw photos from your DSLR or mirrorless camera to your iPad allowing you to edit them anywhere
• BATCH EDITING: Easily edit photos in large albums and get consistent looks by copying your favorite edits across photos
• ADOBE SENSEI: Harness the power of artificial intelligence to automatically tag and organize your photos based on the objects or people that are in them. A quick search for “mountains” or “Maria” will surface all the photos with those elements in them
• ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD STORAGE: Back up your original photos and edits to access them on other devices and on web
• ADVANCED SHARING: Lightroom web galleries enable you to easily showcase your photos online
If you are on an iPhone, be sure to download “Adobe Lightroom”
Premium (Optional in-app purchase)
The recurring monthly payment is automatically charged to your iTunes account. To stop service, go to account Settings and turn off auto-renew at least 24-hours before the end of your billing period. Prorating is unavailable — when you turn off auto-renew, service will continue until the end of that month’s billing period.
Use of Adobe mobile apps and online services requires registration for a free Adobe ID as part of a free Creative Cloud membership. Adobe online services require an Internet connection, are not available in all countries or languages, and may be subject to change or discontinuation without notice.
• Contextual Help: Learn more about the editing tools at any time with the new built-in help. Tap on the new ? icon at the top of the app’s interface while editing a photo to see examples of that tool, how to find it, and learn about related tools.
• Expanded Interactive Tutorials: Specific tutorials now include the Radial Gradient and Spot Healing Brush, providing even more engaging and empowering content.
• Tutorial Author Pages: Like an author’s tutorial? Tap on their name to see all of the tutorials and posts that they’ve made!
• [Premium] Batch Editing: Easily apply the same adjustments to multiple images with batch editing by copying edits from one photo and pasting to a series of similar photos.
• [Premium] Support for the latest cameras and lenses found in the Adobe Camera Raw 12.0 release (the full list of supported cameras and lenses can be found at http://www.adobe.com/go/supported_cameras).
Ratings and Reviews
Straightforward but highly effective
For a while I’d got a bit lazy in photography, shooting in JPEG, just applying filters in Apple Photos app. But I’ve decided to switch my Olympus back to RAW mode and was looking for a simple but powerful photo editing package that I could use on my iPad. Having experimented with a very powerful but overly complicated multilayer photo editor, I decided to revisit Lightroom, which I used to use on a Mac. So far, I love it! The editing is easy and effective, quick and convenient. I wish it was available to plug into my Apple Photo library rather than seeming to want to replace the photos but so far I am managing to work around that!
Fatally flawed - limited outputs
So there are some great features in Lightroom for iPad, in fact it’s as good a management and editing app as the desktop version, but it has a fatal flaw for any sort of serious workflow, and yes, you can have serious workflows on an iPad. When you want to export images it only exports jpegs, or raw files one by one.
This makes it unusable in so many ways. Want to do some serious editing?Want to archive? Want to do some printing? You won’t be doing it with Lightroom for iPad. It’s so frustrating as it is clearly done deliberately by Adobe to lock you in to Creative Cloud. I actually stopped using Adobe products a few years ago for exactly this kind of aggressive business tactic, but i like to give things another go once in a while. Glad i tried it again, but have since deleted it. Will stick with Apple Photos and Affinity Photos, as whilst managing photos with Photos is a pain, at least i can edit, archive and print in ways that don’t compromise the output quality or my backups.
Take the leap from Lightroom Classic!
Lightroom on the iPad and the iPhone are incredible. Whilst CC has been a new experience coming from Lightroom Classic, the freedom afforded by having this power on the go makes this switch well worth it.
Recently on a two week trip, I managed all my photos with just an iPhone XS and the SD card reader. Each day I knew my photos were backed by and I could be filtering my shots whenever I had a free moment on the subway.
If you are considering taking the leap from Classic, I would encourage you. The freedom l the go, and the simplicity of the cloud managing all your photos is transformative to my photography process.
Two things I would like to see change which would take this review to 5 stars.
1. USB-C support for the iPad Pro. The current process of importing to photos and into lightroom is completely pointless for me, and I can’t see why it would be helpful.
2. More presets and filters. For on the go management, quick access to go reliable filters and presets is important. The current presets are a good start, but I would love to see more. Sounds like a great opportunity for Adobe to collab with some well known photographers and have them develop presets for Lightroom CC.
- Adobe Inc.
- 236.5 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 12.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Adobe Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium £4.49
- Lightroom plan 1TB £8.99
- Premium £4.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.