Want the ultimate mobile guitar and bass tone studio?
AmpliTube gives you a massive collection of virtual gear that you can use to practice, play and record with world-class tone anytime and anywhere.
Build your own guitar or bass rig with up to 6 stompbox FX, an amplifier and cabinet with mics. Plug your instrument into your iPad with one of IK's interfaces like iRig 2 or iRig HD 2, and get ready to be blown away.
AmpliTube gives you 17 stompbox effects, 8 amplifiers, 10 speaker cabinets and 2 mics, a free Loop Drummer Rock groove pack and a 2-track recorder.
You can expand this via a massive library of nearly 150 amps and stompboxes from top brands like Fender™, Ampeg®, Orange®, Mesa/Boogie®, and many more, or unlock the rigs of your heroes with gear from Slash, Dimebag Darrell, Jimi Hendrix, and now Brian May.
Ready to hit the stage? AmpliTube’s Live Mode offers an optimized GUI for live use, with all the settings and controls you need in an easy-to-read format.
Control your virtual rig just like real gear: change presets, trigger FX, loops and more all right from your feet. AmpliTube pairs with iRig Stomp I/O for a powerful all-in-one stage rig, works wirelessly with iRig Blueboard, and supports other MIDI controllers as well.
AmpliTube also offers innovative ways to play, practice and record with an optional Looper, more drum track loops, a full 8-track recorder and DAW-style studio all available for in-app purchase.
Whether it’s at home, in the studio or on stage, AmpliTube is the dream rig you’ve always wanted, in a device that’s always with you!
• Create guitar & bass rigs with up to 6 stomps, 1 amp and 1 cab with 2 mics
• Includes 17 stomps, 8 amps, 10 cabinets and 2 mics
• Expandable with nearly 150 gear models available from Fender™, Ampeg®, Orange®, Mesa/Boogie®, Slash, Dimebag Darrell, Jimi Hendrix and now Brian May
• Live Mode shows your entire rig at a glance, with all the parameters you need on stage easily accessible
• Included 2-track recorder (in-app purchase unlocks up to 8-tracks)
• Studio mode for intuitive DAW-style editing (unlocked via in-app purchase)
• Loop drummer module that plays in sync with the recorder
• Includes speed trainer, metronome and tuner
• Inter-App Audio and AudioBus support
• Project sharing between versions and devices
• Import and play songs as backing tracks from your Music Library or computer
• Export audio via E-mail, SoundCloud or File Sharing
• MIDI controllable and with built-in integration for iRig Stomp I/O, iRig Blueboard and other controllers
• Low-latency for real-time playing
What’s New in v4.11.1
- Updated to latest Audiobus SDK version
- Fixed a potential crash during the optimization process after copying a track
- General reliability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
I bought this hone in on what style of amp I prefer
Seems pretty good, amps all have a different sound/feel to them. Using 3rd gen iPad Pro which runs app great on low latency and over sampling. No noise/pops/clicks. Not a lot of amps provided in basic app though. I actually bought this years ago, cannot recall what I paid, but for messing about with and quiet practice it’s more than adequate. I have not played through most of the amps provided for real so cannot really comment on accuracy of modelling. It is kinda cool to have a z-wreck for a fiver though. Which is an amp I am considering buying. One thing all of these amp apps should be able to do is treat amps and cabs as separate and have on/off switch for them, as it supports audio bus I would like to able to send say the z-wreck to another app with celestion IR cabs.
Ignore the numpties...
This is brilliant if used properly. Some fantastic amp modelling especially the Orange and Fender amps. Yes, there are in app purchases but the main app has plenty to keep you going and just buy the others as and when they are on sale. The developers have to earn a living and companies like IK need to spend a lot on R&D and get that back (they are not perfect by any means e.g., having to repurchase sound banks again if lost...come on IK, once we have bought and paid for a license we should be able to re-download when we need to without being penalised). People expect way too much for free...this is professional grade software and good software costs money...I know, I’ve been in software development for nearly 20 years. Keep it coming IK!
Excellent but a few annoying features
I've tried a few other recording apps on the iPad and this is my favourite. The amps and effects are all good, but there are a couple of niggles. Creating a new project, for instance, will reset the preset that you've selected back to the default, which is an annoyance. When you've finished recording, the 'tape' keeps running, which is a also a pain. The biggest nuisance for me came with the recent update, however, with the drum loop feature. For some reason, whehn you're recording, it cannot be turned off. So if you're recording a song you have to turn the volume right the way down on the drum loop to stop it distracting you and ending up on your recording. Why it doesn't have an 'off' switch, I don't know. Surely nobody wants to use the drum loop setting every time they record something, even if that drum loop does sound very good.
Apart from those quibbles, it's very good, even if the price seems to have shot up!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- IK Multimedia US, LLC
- 960 MB
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
English, French, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- ©2002-2021 IK Multimedia Production Srl
- In-App Purchases
- Recorder + Master FX £19.99
- Complete Fender Bundle £23.99
- Compressor £3.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.