Asthma+me App is a Class 1 medical device Self-Care solution for children and young people aged 5-18 years old with asthma, in which parents and family members can support and monitor the wellbeing of all the children and young people under their care. This is a family-focused service, developed in collaboration with a leading NHS Paediatric Hospital in the UK.
Use of Asthma+me requires a subscription, which is handled by the App Store and will auto renew unless cancelled. You will be charged 24 hours before your renewal date. If you do not cancel 24 hours before your renewal you may be charged. If you purchase a subscription during your free trial period then any unused portion of your free trial will be forfeited. You can manage your subscription and auto-renewal settings through your iTunes Account Settings. Terms of sale can be found here: https://www.activ8rlives.com/support/
1. Clinician-approved Education syllabus on Asthma management: 56 simple lessons and quizzes delivered daily, provides training and instruction for the family.
2. Wireless connectivity to self-monitoring devices: Connect PUFFClicker inhaler trackers, Peak Flow/FEV1 monitor, BuddyBand2 Activity Tracker, Body Analyser Smart Scales to monitor key physiological signs.
3. Medication: record medication prescribed for each family member. Track doses and use of batches of the prescription (eg inhaler in the bag, at home, etc). Include non-inhaler medications such as antibiotics, steroids, antihistamines etc.
4. Charts and Reports: Generate custom charts to identify trends. Create pre-configured report as a PDF which can be printed, emailed or exported to clinical centres using Asthma+me.
5. Motivation: encourage children and young people to adhere to their Care Plan and medication routine. Asthma+me includes a rewards module for the child(ren) to work towards, earning points for every action completed each day to motivate and encourage.
6. Care Plan: Asthma+me brings together all of your child(ren)’s information in one, easy-to-read and printable or emailable Care Plan. EVERYONE with asthma should have a written care plan. Print and give to schools, friends, family, carers, GP and Hospitals to give clear instructions in the event of an asthma attack.
The Asthma+me App is classified as a Class 1 medical device under MEDDEV 2. 4/1 Rev. 9 June 2010 as per the requirements set out in Annex IX of Directive 93/42/EEC as amended 2007/47/EC.
Asthma+me is a mobile application intended for use in the home to assist people to receive and review information from connected medical and non-medical devices, track medication use and record other events such as asthma attacks, for effective health self-management. The user also can share the data via sharing functions.
Health and Safety Notices:
Asthma+me App is not intended to monitor vital physiological parameters where variation could result in immediate danger.
Asthma can be a life-threatening condition. Always take the medication as prescribed. If you experience any asthma-related symptoms of shortness of breath that does not get better after using your Reliever inhaler; trouble walking and talking because of shortness of breath; blue lips or fingernails; severe wheezing; or a peak flow reading of less than 50% of your personal best, refer to your Care Plan and follow the instructions carefully. If you continue to have symptoms, consult your medical team.
Do not rely on the Asthma+me App to diagnose or treat your Asthma.
Only recommended for children 5 years of age and over and only under adult supervision.
Do not rely solely on the Reminder capabilities of the Asthma+me App to take your prescribed medication as directed by your medical team.
If you experience any serious incident that occurs in relation to the Asthma+me App, please report this to Aseptika Limited (Activ8rlives) and the competent authority of the Member State in which you are based.
Asthma+me v2.0 supports a range of new features to help you manage your child's asthma more effectively:
* Alerts so you know when asthma control is in decline
* A User Guide to help you set up Asthma+me
* Easier to understand guide to adherence
* Improved dashboard widgets
+ many more bug fixes, performance enhancement and improvments to ease of use
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great App but it would be nice if there was a notes section in it or maybe a calander to help tracking symptoms/medications started and finished easier.
This app has been an absolute life saver for us and my child over the last year. Gathering information for our doctors at the Hospital and our GP, this gives them a much more information to assess how well our child is doing. Tracking information daily, keeping information of medications , peak flow ,timers ect... this has also helped us see when our child has started to become unwell . I cannot recommenced enough . We have had no issues with the app , all has been very accurate . Any questions/ problems the team reply swiftly and help sort any problems or help with question you may have .
Childhood asthma confidence
My young child has asthma and I found this app really useful in educating myself and my child in all the aspects of controlling asthma symptoms. You can buy some smart inhaler trackers to link to the app so that preventer and reliever puffs are recorded. A weekly review helps us keep up to date and then my child’s data is sent to their hospital record. The electronics care plan viewable on my child’s phone gives them confidence if they start to have asthma symptoms that might have lead to an asthma attack. My child just shows his teacher the care plan so they know how to help him. Fantastic app and well worth the NHS prescribing this for kids with asthma.
- Aseptika Ltd
- 124.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Aseptika Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Asthma+me 1 Month Subscription £4.99
- Asthma+me 1 Year Subscription £24.99
- Asthma+me 3 Month Subscription £9.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.