BBC iPlayer brings you the latest and greatest TV series and box sets from the BBC. Watch live, on-demand or download to take away with you - all in one app!
Enjoy watching live TV in the palm of your hand, from live news coverage, music and big sport events to great comedies, gripping documentaries and nail-biting dramas. Looking for a little entertainment for the children? Create an account for a more child-friendly experience and your little ones can watch all of their favourite shows from CBBC and CBeebies!
Watch the latest TV series and box sets.
• Discover the latest TV series and Box Sets: from Strictly Come Dancing and RuPaul's Drag Race UK, to His Dark Materials and Blue Planet – we've got a wide selection of categories and channels to watch.
• Download shows to your device: save all your favourite programmes on your mobile or tablet device so you can watch them offline and at a time that’s convenient for you.
• Pause and restart live TV: just missed the start of a TV episode? Now you can pause and rewind live channels part way through so that you don’t miss a thing!
• Build a playlist of your favour programmes: can’t watch a programme right now? Just tap the ‘+Add’ button to build your own programme playlist.
• Enjoy the benefits of signing in: start watching on one device and resume watching on another plus receive recommendations of shows we think you might enjoy.
• Stream programmes to your TV using Apple AirPlay and Google Chromecast; please note this requires a supported device and compatible supported device connected to your TV.
The app was developed by Media AT (BBC Media Applications Technologies Limited) which is a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation). Full details of Media AT are available on the Companies House website at: http://data.companieshouse.gov.uk/doc/company/07100235
Thank you for updating iPlayer. We’ve been making improvements so you can continue to enjoy your favourite shows whether you’re at home or on the go.
In particular, we have fixed these bugs:
• Not all episodes would appear when viewing the A-Z pages for categories
• The wrong version would sometimes play when selecting a programme from the Audio Described or the Signed Language categories
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Our favourite BBC shows, whenever we want? Perfect! With the option to download and watch offline, we actually look forward to commutes and long flights. And the range of programmes is astounding—from the newest and best to iconic old classics.
I’m not so sure now
I loved this app so much because I could watch back shows without to download them again on the television. Because it got annoying so, when I found this app I was quite proud until the recent update where are you now have to sign in or register an account before watching I don’t think it’s fair to people being. Almost forced into having to create an account just watch programs which you don’t have to do on television but if you don’t mind that, then this app is the app for you. Thank you for reading this review I hope you found it helpful to your decision on whether or not you should download this app.😀
Difficult to watch audio described programs on the app
Can the development team please put on the roadmap the ability to toggle audio description from the play screen?
Currently, if I want to watch an audio described programme, I have to go into the audio describe section. If I’m lucky, the episode I want will be featured on the first page, otherwise I have to go into the A-Z and find the program i want. However, if it is a series, only the latest episode is shown with audio description. If I select a previous episode, the audio description doesn’t work. Also, if I’m watching an audio described episode from a series and the next episode launches automatically with auto play enabled, the next episode doesn’t play with audio description, even if the website shows that audio description is available. Also, at the moment you cannot currently download audio described programs.
Confusing to read? It certainly is a confusing way to try and watch audio described programs.
- BBC Media Applications Technologies Limited
- 133.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © BBC 2020
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.