BBC Sounds is the new way to listen to BBC audio – your favourite programmes, podcasts, radio stations and music all in one place.
Explore a wide variety of new podcasts, music mixes and live sets. Listen live to BBC radio stations. Catch up or listen again to your favourite BBC radio shows. Get personalised recommendations for your next audio obsession, and browse carefully curated highlights and collections of audio content.
- Listen live to all UK BBC Radio stations
- Pause and rewind live radio
- Discover new hot podcasts and music mixes
- Download and listen to your shows on the go
- Autoplay multiple episodes of series or podcasts
- Subscribe to BBC podcasts, mixes and programmes
- Browse the best bits from right across the BBC in Daily Discovery
- Continue listening from where you left off on any device
- See the latest episodes from your favourite programmes and podcasts in one handy list
- Save episodes and music mixes for later in My Sounds
- Get personalised recommendations to discover new audio you’ll love
When using the Apple CarPlay enabled version of the BBC Sounds app, it is your responsibility to always:
· follow safe driving practices (i.e. don’t be distracted and focus on the road at all times)
· comply with all relevant laws, traffic regulations and road signs.
To give you the best experience, this app tracks what you’ve listened to on BBC Sounds and how long you’ve listened to programmes for. You can turn this off by logging into your BBC account and turning off “Allow Personalisation”. This app also tracks when you add something to My list or Subscriptions.
The device uses performance cookies for internal purposes to help us improve the app. You can choose to opt out of this at any time from the in-app Settings menu.
For more information about this, privacy and cookies visit the BBC Sounds App Privacy notice at http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/radio/soundsapp-privacy.
The app is published by BBC Media AT (BBC Media Applications Technologies Limited) which is a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation).
Full details of BBC Media AT are available on the Companies House website at: http://data.companieshouse.gov.uk/doc/company/07100235
BBC © 2018
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read about our approach to external linking: http://www.bbc.co.uk/help/web/links/
We've added CarPlay support and fixed some bugs!
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent one-stop app
Great single point to a very comprehensive set of live and offline content. A must-have app.
If I would suggest anything, I would ask for the app to be more robust - in live streaming - to unreliable mobile data connections. Basically the app gives up far to easily resulting in the need to keep manually restarting the stream. Perhaps increase some timeouts to 120 seconds or simply back off and reconnect live again.
The app works fine, but does not seem to allow you to run through all of the items you have downloaded- a problem when you have a long journey in the car. In stead it seems to decide what you want to listen to after the first program you have downloaded is finished and play that. I don’t use this unless I know I can override it at the end of each programme.
Good but needs improvement
I live in an area with poor internet service, so use the app to download programmes so I can listen to them when I want.
It works reasonably well for me, but the search function needs improvement eg I enjoy drama, but a search provides little choice(although I know there are at least 5 dramas a week on Radio4)
I’d also, like a sleep function that turns the app off.
- BBC Media Applications Technologies Limited
- 57 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- BBC © 2018
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.