Listen live to Capital, Heart, Heart 80s, LBC, Classic FM, Smooth, Capital XTRA, Radio X and Gold, plus a huge selection of streams curated to fit your mood or activity. The Global Player puts you in control. Whatever you’re into - the latest hits, a chance to chill out or topical debate - Global’s got you covered! And best of all, it’s entirely free and is available worldwide.
With the Global Player you can:
• Listen live to any of Global’s radio stations: Capital, Capital XTRA, Heart, Heart 80s, LBC, Radio X, Classic, Smooth and Gold.
• Hear the best shows from the biggest names in radio, Roman Kemp, Chris Moyles, Nick Ferrari, Myleene Klass , Johnny Vaughan, James O’Brien and many more!
• Catch up / listen again to all your favourite shows whenever you like.
• Download and listen to your favourite programmes offline, great for listening in-car or on the train.
• Subscribe to your favourite shows to automatically download them each day.
• Listen to all of Global’s stations in HD audio.
• Take control - My Capital, My Capital XTRA, My Heart and My Radio X, a world-first where you can skip songs on live radio – radio you control!*
• Get the latest news, videos and pictures from each of Global’s stations with the best guests and most entertaining, informative content.
• Discover and download hundreds of award-winning audio shows in our new Podcasts section.
• Whether you want to relax or exercise, choose Playlists and we'll serve you the best music for your mood. You can also skip tracks* in this section, so now you’re in control.
• See what other people are loving with our top trending shows.
Global Player, your favourite radio, that you control, all in one place.
*Currently only available in the UK.
You can now log in to Global Player using Apple Sign In
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Constantly asks you to accept cookies
Every time I open the app I'm asked to accept your cookies. I choose not to, so I click "Reject All". Next time I open the app I'm asked again. I have already rejected your cookies. Stop asking me! Curiously, if I accept the cookies I'm not asked again. That's a bit rubbish. my decision not to accept your cookies should be respected. To do otherwise is to disrespect your customers.
You seem to use this app as a test bed to see how much you can get away with. Full-screen video adverts that you can't skip for 15 seconds was bad enough, but you really need to stop this.
You're giving us more and more reasons not to use your app.
Developer Response ,
Hi, Thanks for your comments and feedback. We are sorry you have been experiencing issues with your cookie choices not being saved. This issue has now been fixed. If you need any help please contact customer support on global.com/contanct. Thanks, Vanessa.
App not accessible with VoiceOver
I really don’t like having to give it 1 star but I have to because it is almost completely inaccessible with VoiceOver. There are lots of unlabelled buttons and it is impossible to switch between stations and know which station I have switched to. I have many of the Global apps installed and as a result I can only listen to the main stations through their individual apps and not brand extension stations such as Heart 80s and Smooth Country. I am currently having to use Radioplayer to listen to most Global stations but I would like to of course be able to listen to them using Global Player. Other major radio companies such as Bauer Media and Nation Broadcasting have completely accessible apps for their stations so it’s disappointing that you don’t put accessibility at the forefront of app development. Years ago your apps were completely accessible but since the inception of Global Player and the major change to your app lay-out, design and functionality, the acccessibility of your apps has been disappointing.
App keeps crashing on me!
Another problem noticed - when listening back to shows that have been downloaded to ‘My Library’ - when you hit play and leave the app after about 90 seconds the app crashes in the background and stops playing audio. How can you solve this as I keep having to relaunch the app and find the show again.
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for your feedback. We did have a small issue with audio quality in December for catch up content. This should be fixed now.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.