With the new LBC App powered by Global Player we've made it easier than ever to get involved in Leading Britain's Conversation.
- Listen to LBC in HD quality, live and on the move.
- Catch up / listen again to all LBC shows from the last week whenever you like.
- Download and listen to shows offline, perfect for listening while you're travelling.
- Subscribe to your favourite shows to automatically download them each day.
- Check the schedule to see which show is coming up next.
- Get all the latest news and videos.
With the LBC app you can also enjoy all of Global's other stations: Capital, Capital XTRA, Heart, Gold, Radio X, Classic FM and Smooth.
So, whatever you're into – a topical debate, the latest hits, classic tracks or music for chilling out - Global's got you covered. And best of all, it's completely free and available worldwide. With Global Player, you can:
- Hear the best shows from the biggest names in radio: Chris Moyles, Johnny Vaughan, Roman Kemp, Nick Ferrari, Myleene Klass, James O'Brien and many more.
- Listen to all of Global's stations in HD audio.
- Take control - My Capital, My Capital XTRA and My Radio X, a world-first that allows you to skip songs on live radio - it's radio you control.*
- Get the latest news, videos and pictures from each of Global's stations with the best guests and most entertaining, informative content.
- Discover and download hundreds of award-winning audio shows in our Podcasts section.
- If you want to relax or exercise, choose Playlists and we'll serve you the best music for your mood. You can also skip tracks in this section*, so now you're in control of what you hear.
*Currently only available in the UK.
We’re always making changes and improving our app. Here are the latest updates:
• Video Hub - You can now access the best Global Player moments in one place. Simply select Videos from the navigation and watch exclusive video content across Global.
• Personal Library - Access your favourite listening in your easy to reach library. You’ll be able to find this next to the settings icon.
• Minor fixes and improvements.
We love hearing your feedback, so please get in touch to let us know what features you like, and what you would like to see improved.
Ratings and Reviews
Limited and difficult to use
Catch up option is difficult to get working, it does allow 20s jumping, but cannot keep downloads for more than a week, also the “walled garden” nature means that if you listen to podcasts from other sources, you need to keep switching between apps... we also lose the ability to pay for a download that don’t contain adverts.
For those who get lost with subscribing/downloading of shows (and for feedback for the developers)...
The app works in two different ways - First, there an overview area (bottom bar shows Stations, Music For, and My Downloads), where the Stations take you into a completely different side to the app (focused entirely on that station), which shows a small “G Home” icon in the top right (this is the thing to take you back to the overview area).
To subscribe to a station, you need to login (from the overview area, using the small cog icon in the top right), then “go to” a station, find a show from the “Schedule + Catch Up” page (select an old date first), then press “Subscribe”... it will ask you to enable notifications with no explanation as to why - it won’t work if you decline.
I assume they are using notifications to trigger the downloads of new shows (rather than the app polling the server every 30 minutes), but just as likely, they could be doing this to annoy you with notifications (i.e. the “look at me, you haven’t used me for at least a day” problem).
Car play doesn’t play downloaded shows?
I probably need to get out more but I was really excited by the addition of car play to this app. Imagine my sad disappointment when I found that all you could do was to play the current live show! Who is this aimed at Global Radio? Surely every carplay compatible car audio system will also have a DAB radio receiver? LBC is a national station broadcast throughout the UK on DAB. Why use your data allowance to stream it over the unreliable 3G/4G network when you can just tune the car’s radio? If you only have an old FM radio you are very unlikely to have Carplay so it can’t be that? What I really want CarPlay compatibility for is to be able to play downloaded shows - that would be genuinely brilliant. Next update maybe?
Huge downgrade from previous service
I have subscribed to the LBC catch up service for years and was very happy to pay a subscription fee for this service. Recently bought a new phone and found out that the app no longer is supported and one now has to use this newer and greatly inferior version. Every time you turn it in you have to watch an introductory video advert and the lengthy news, travel and advertisements which used to be deleted no all remain in the recording. I listen a lot when I am driving and, because I don’t want to be reaching for my phone whilst trying to keep my eyes on the road, I am now forever listening to tedious and out of date information which hugely detracts from my enjoyment. Surely LBC must realise that people subscribed to the service to hear their favourite presenters, not several day old traffic reports!! Please bring back the service as you used to provide it; I would be more than happy to pay a higher subscription if that would be necessary.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Search History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Global Media & Entertainment Limited
- 145 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Global Radio