NEW FEATURES FOR iOS 13 & iPadOS
* Dark Mode on iOS 13 and iPadOS. Bear will remember the themes you pick in Dark and Light modes.
* Work in Bear across multiple spaces in iPadOS. Open a note in Split View next to Safari, then work in a different note next Mail. Or open two different notes side-by-side!
* Annotate photos and PDFs. Circle objects in a photo or highlight important parts of a document. Also, When exporting a note to JPG or PDF, quickly annotate it before sharing to someone or another app.
* Encrypt individual notes - Set a password to protect a sensitive note, and use Face/Touch ID to unlock it
* Lock Bear - Require Face/Touch ID to access Bear
* Spotlight search comes to macOS - Search your Bear notes while working in other apps, even if Bear isn’t open
* Live Note Links - Links to Bear notes from other notes now update automatically, even if the note title changes
* Emoji auto-complete - Anywhere in a note, type a colon (:) and a couple of letters to see emoji suggestions (try :smile for example!)
* New Safari extension - Bear now uses Apple’s latest Safari extension system. On the Mac, Bear automatically adds its extension to Safari (no separate download required), you just need to enable it in Safari preferences. It should now ask for permission only once.
* Safari extension settings moved into Bear - You can now control extension behavior from Bear’s settings
* New TagCons - Many by popular request! 33 new tagcons!
* Improvements to Spotlight search on iOS - Results should be snappier
* More notes on Apple Watch - Now sync up to 15 notes to your Apple Watch
* New Flicktype keyboard for faster writing on Apple Watch
* Two new Bear Pro themes - Gandalf and Ayu Mirage
* Background database update on iOS now is more reliable
* Reading Time & Words Counter improved for asian scripts
* Better handling of the web page import from iOS extension
* Localized special searches (China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Russia)
* Now a lot more options are available inside a note through the "..." menu
* New Bear placeholders! Keep an eye out for our new Bears
* Header links in detached windows no longer open the main interface if the target is inside the note
* Sidebar and note list collapsing and expanding animation is now smoother
* /open-note API call now preserves the tag selection while selecting a note
* New Special searches - New special searches make it easier to search a tag, a tag without children, by typing #cooking or !#cooking into the search field. Search for notes now is also sorted per title and then per text in the body
* Web page importer was not importing certain types of images
* Better handling of database corruption and migration cases
* DOCX Export now handles the Form Feed character correctly
* DOCX problem which caused some paragraphs to be incorrectly labeled as heading 4
* Problem with Chinese inputting apps on Mac and markdown quotes has been solved
* Occasionally UI problems with conflicted notes is now resolved
* Localisation problems with the app name is now resolved
* Sometimes the app was closing the editor while editing when a tag was selected or the search was active
Ratings and Reviews
Super Brilliant and Exciting. Versatile and Brave.
So, before I wrote this I thought I’d have a look at the one star reviews because I wanted to see what it is that I am not seeing, where is the broken parts? It might be that BEAR have taken on board what people have said, because there is now a one off payment for the pro version so that’s some of these negatives already striked out. I find their Twitter team to be charming, responsive and super fun so the complaints about tech support are confusing to me. Other than that, people are marking this down for not being Apple Notes/Evernote/Day One [delete as applicable]. It’s not any of them. It doesn’t say it is. When you read the blurb, nowhere does it say “we are taking on the establishment head on”. So if you are expecting that then you will be disappointed.
If you are looking for a simple, easy to use, forever evolving, versatile, exciting note app then you will love this. You can have multi layer tags - for example Todo and then under that ‘to buy’, ‘to blog’, ‘to pack’ whatever. It syncs across devices instantly. If you create something with a tick list it will show you how far through your ticks you’ve got. Having used all the established names in the past I’ve got to say that this takes the best of all of them and makes it better. Multiple notebooks? Check. Copy off safari? Yup. Headings, fonts, lists? Oh yes. I love it, and I am super proud to be along for the journey of BEAR.
Absolutely brilliant, exactly what I have been wanting
Honestly I never write reviews because meh, but this app has made me want to write a review to tell you who ever is reading this and the creators how amazing this app is and how cleverly thought out it is. It literally does everything you could want. It’s like having a notebook that organises all your thoughts for you but in your hand in your device you carry with you at all times which makes it so convenient. Not only can you write diary entries or write a shopping list or even sketch up a quick idea in your head you can do it all in one “note”. This app is brilliant and I thank you for sharing your brilliant creation with us.
Oh also you can save your notes so if a random idea becomes something important and something you dont want to leave, there are many ways to keep the note/sketch/list etc. One way is by making it into a PDF and doing with it as you wish!! Amazing, thank you
Outstanding but missing handwriting support
This app is really a step above the rest. It is simple and focused and the hashtags work incredibly well to organise your content. With the ability to link notes you can create your knowledge base in next to no time. Shortcuts are easy to learn and within a few minutes you’ve learned how to use the app and fit it into your note taking style rather than the other way around.
It displays really well on iPhone, iPad and Mac and the themes are gorgeous.
Importing text from a webpage is incredibly useful for me. Export options are great too.
The only thing I miss is the ability to handwrite freely. Sure you can add sketches but it’s not the same thing... I think this is not the app for that.
I am currently in the trial period but will purchase the pro version as this is really good.
- Shiny Frog Ltd.
- 80.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Shiny Frog Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Pro subscription £1.49
- Yearly Pro subscription £13.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.