We are Blue Light Card - the largest provider of online and in-store discounts for those working in the NHS, emergency services, social care sector and armed forces.
We know how hard you work so have partnered with local businesses and national retailers across the UK to provide you with 1000’s of discounts, exclusive offers, fantastic giveaways and top competitions as a ‘thank you’ for all that you do.
So – whether you’re meeting friends for a coffee, upgrading your phone, doing a spot of DIY or planning a family getaway – download the Blue Light Card app to find the discounts you love and save money every time you shop.
Your Blue Light Card app
Quickly and easily find discounts to suit your shopping needs straight from the main screen. From discounts on all your favourite brands and exclusive updates on new partners and exciting offers, we’ve even included a virtual copy of your Blue Light Card to help you shop and save while out and about!
- Search - all search features are now in a single screen. We have a new 'Search by Phrase' option, 'Companies' showing an alphabetically ordered list with quick filter and 'Search by Category' which helps you find companies and offers grouped together.
- Near Me - we have made this even easier, which is hard as it is one of the most used features. There was always a list view, but it was hard to spot - so we’ve made it really easy.
- Favourites - now much easier to use and simple to understand, you can even change their order.
- Offer improvements - we have tweaked how we display each offer, for time limited offers we show an expiry caption that is easy to understand, for all offers we colour code and show the type of offer like High Street & Online. For offers you are likely to use in person we automatically add a quick access to your Virtual Card if you have one.
- Redeeming online offers - we have added a mini-browser with back and forward buttons so you do not accidentally come off the screen entirely (we understand how annoying that can be).
- Blue Light Card - you can get one of these directly inside the app and for members that have one we have a virtual card inside the app.
- Notifications - we will keep you informed of select offers, plus when we need update you about your account.
- Suggestions - we really value your ideas and your help in pointing out issues we may not yet be aware of - so we have added features in the app for you to quickly share them with us. This really is the fastest way to get things fixed or improved.
To qualify you must be:
- Police force
- Fire service
- Ambulance service
- Serving armed forces
- HM prison service
- HM armed forces veterans
Not sure if you’re eligible? Find a full list of all our eligible services at: https://www.bluelightcard.co.uk/contactblc.php
Our team are constantly working behind the scenes to help you do and save more.
Found a bug? Help us improve by get in touch with our Customer Services team via our Live Chat feature or by raising a ticket.
We are Blue Light Card. Here for you, because you’re here for all of us.
General bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Absolutely astounded at the lack of understanding of the people processing applications. If unsuccessful you just get a standard message stating that you should reapply and look at the FAQ’s for types of ID. I uploaded a copy of my service pension monthly statement as per requirements only to receive the same standard response about 5 times. Despite me telling them that I am a veteran that retired in 2006, therefore, can’t send a photocopy of my ID nor pay statement valid within the last 3 months because I have neither. Nor a copy of my discharge paperwork. As the only way to contact them is via email the conversation is never clarified. “What have I done wrong?” Ridiculous. You need an alternative way of contacting yourselves otherwise I won’t be a unique case with respect to the application process
Developer Response ,
Hi, we would love to try and help you and get this resolved. Please reach out to me: email@example.com
Commercialising public sentiment for service professions is immoral
Staff of public facing organisations in the NHS and other service professions have historically received good will discounts from the kindness of shopkeepers. This is based on showing a staff ID or other evidence of being employed at the NHS. This commercial organisation creating an additional barrier and profiting from this function strikes me as objectionable. It is commodifying the goodwill that sometimes makes working in public sector professions such as the NHS feel worthwhile. I expect the next step is being charged by a middle manager to receive thank you cards from patients.
Most shop assistants thankfully do not care, and would accept my staff ID without further need for the blue light card charade. I have only met one person who has decided, despite my staff ID and multiple forms of evidence that I am a doctor and employed in the NHS, continues to require the blue light card as well. This person was not the most pleasant encounter I have had whilst shopping; going through a prolonged authorisation process to tell me that I am a doctor, and I work in the NHS, feels much the same as this encounter.
Developer Response ,
We’re really sorry to hear you feel this way. At Blue Light Card we pride ourselves on helping our members make savings across an extensive range of discounts. We work hard to bring discounts we know our members will love from retail partners across the UK. In order to secure these discounts we need to ensure that every one who has a Blue Light Card is eligible. This means we have a strict ID approval system so that we can ensure our members are employed by the emergency services, NHS, social care sector and armed forces.
Best cash back app for key workers
The Blue Light Card is very affordable for £5 for 2 years and I decided to subscribe after being recommended by numerous friends. The discounts offered are simply the best I’ve seen - the only app where I can honestly say this has saved me thousands and I like the ease of redeeming rewards - wether online or in-store. My only two requests to improve the app is that the ‘Add to Savings’ feature doesn’t work (it will allow you to enter data but when you go to Savings it shows no data) and that there is no Apple Wallet function - although easily sorted using Stocard. It’s also good to note some retailers offer discount for Blue Light/NHS even if they don’t display it, so always best to ask.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for taking the time out to share your review and feedback, it's greatly appreciated. We've noted your comments regarding the app issue and suggestion, these will be reported to our team and hopefully something we can fix in the near future!
We're so pleased to hear that you're enjoy using our service and hope you continue to do so!
Shanaya, Blue Light Card
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Blue Light Card Ltd
- 180.7 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Blue Light Card Ltd
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.