Use your Advantage Card on your phone, get personalised offers and check your points on the go. Download the Boots App and link your Advantage Card today.
• Advantage Card is now on your phone – don’t miss out on points every time you shop
• Get personalised offers just for you, tailored to your shopping habits
• Check your points balance instantly
• Shop our entire range online and redeem your offers from your phone
• Sign up to our Free Online NHS Repeat Prescription Service. We’ll get your prescription from your GP and tell you when it’s ready to collect in store or get it delivered to your home
• Access competitions and health and beauty content
• With In-store mode get access to your offers whenever you're in a Boots store
• Book appointments from pharmacy services to beauty consultations
• Manage your prescriptions, set a vitamin reminder and access our online clinics
• Use Store Locator to quickly find your nearest Boots store and check the services it offers
Our updated app brings you more new functionality and design improvements, including:
• A new look Shop home screen to help you find the products and categories you want
• An improved Inbox to manage all your news and articles
• A new look to fit with the new Boots brand
• Store locator improvements
We’ve also fixed some issues behind the scenes to further improve your experience in using the app
Ratings and Reviews
Great way to accumulate lots of extra points quickly
I see that a few people are criticising elements of this app, such as using it to order photos or buy things online, but, personally I couldn’t care less about these things & my advice to anyone thinking about downloading this app would be to disregard these criticisms. You’re frequently issued offers which you can load onto your card for lots of points when you buy stuff that YOU actually DO buy on a regular basis (according to their records) & not for irrelevant fad nonsense that they WANT you to try out but that you would never normally purchase! These offers are usually quite generous & can all be used at the same time & usually in conjunction with any paper vouchers that you might have been sent in the post too. Fantastic. Almost every shop I find I’ve got £5-£7 back in accumulated points thanks to these offers so I think the app (whatever other flaws it may have) is well worth it just for this!
Go to a Boots store in person for your photos; buy your toiletries whilst you’re there; stop whinging that your whole life can’t be glitch-free & conducted entirely online, maybe ;)
Boots - why don’t you want me to buy things?
The advantage card features are good - just load up your offers before you go to the shop and they’re automatically applied if your shop qualifies.
Trying to use the app to shop online, however, is a complete waste of time. When you click on ‘Shop’ in the app it just takes you out to a mobile version of the website. That means that it doesn’t take across your log in, so you have to log in again before you can purchase, plus the site doesn’t view very well on mobile. Added to that the actual mechanics of making a purchase are glitchy - things disappearing out of your basket etc - and the navigation is clunky and unhelpful.
Basically Boots have made it really difficult for customers to buy things - doesn’t seem like a smart move.
It’s not hard to get this right, just look at apps from loads of other retailers - supermarkets, department stores, clothes shops etc. - where you shop directly in the app, the UI is clear, the transactions are easy and you’re kept logged in so you can make your purchases with a few easy clicks. I can do my entire weekly shop on the Tesco app quicker and easier than I can buy a couple of eyeshadows and a hair dye from Boots.
Why do I have to load the offers??
Good idea, shame about the execution about sums about my experience of the Boots app. Why do I have to load the offers on my app to be able to use them? It makes no difference in the way they display whether they are loaded or not (a tick compare to a symbol that says “load”) so what’s the point? It’s like the function is only there so that you forget to load then and they then don’t get used and you don’t get your points so Boots don’t have to shell out extra points.
Also having been told by Boots customer services that I will no longer get vouchers in the post I have now (after 9 months of no vouchers) received some in the post. Some of them are the same as the Boots app vouchers and some are different- what’s that about? Can I use both? Can I only use the ones that are the same once? After being told that the app replaces the paper vouchers I can see from a lot of the vouchers that they clearly don’t!
I saw someone else commenting that they can do a whole Tesco shop on the app in the time that it takes to use the Boots app for anything and I would agree with that. It seems like it’s just not very well thought through, and customer services don’t seem very clued up on what’s going on.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.