Clips is a free app for making fun videos to share with friends and family. With a few taps you can create and send a video message or tell a quick story with artistic filters, animated text, music, emoji and fun stickers featuring characters from Star Wars, Disney•Pixar and more.
Make quick videos
• Create videos in real time with simple controls — no timeline, tracks or complicated editing tools
• Record video, take photos and add them from your library
• Drag and pinch while recording to add smooth pan and zoom animations
• Easily adjust the length of your clips and reorder them
Amazing effects and animations
• Apply artistic filters to turn any photo or video into a moody painting, silent film or comic book illustration*
• Record expressive clips with your favourite Animoji and the Memoji you make in Messages**
• Selfie Scenes place you in immersive, 360-degree environments and let you choose from 20 unique locations including a monster laboratory, outer space and even the Millennium Falcon from Star Wars**
Fun stickers, emoji and posters
• Add animated emoji, speech bubbles, shapes, and customisable text labels to your photos and video clips
• Stick emoji, stickers and text onto your face and watch them move with you
• Choose from dozens of animated stickers including Mickey Mouse and Friends and characters from Star Wars, Toy Story and Inside Out
• Use full-screen posters with animated backgrounds and customisable text to help tell your story
Complete your video with captions and music
• Live Title captions are automatically generated as you speak and appear onscreen to match the timing of your voiceover
• Add a music track from your library or choose from more than 60 built-in soundtracks that automatically adjust to the length of your video
• Create songs in GarageBand and other music apps, then add them directly to your Clips projects
• Quickly send your videos to friends and family via Mail and Messages
• Share directly to Instagram, YouTube and other popular social media sites using Share extensions
• Use iCloud to view and edit your Clips videos on any of your iOS devices
* iPhone 7 or later, iPad (6th generation), or 2017 iPad Pro or later required for some filters
** Selfie Scenes, Animoji and Memoji require an iPhone or iPad with TrueDepth camera system
• Use Clips on iPad with a mouse, trackpad or Bluetooth keyboard for new ways to create videos (requires iPadOS 13.4)
• Use the Duplicate button to instantly create a copy of a clip with all its effects
• Tap the Split button to divide any clip in two
• Make stickers pop on and off the screen—just split any clip and apply stickers to either of the two new sections
• Give your video the look of an 80s arcade game with updated 8-bit stickers and the new Game Over poster
• Celebrate spring with the floral Springtime poster
• Choose from 11 new Mickey and Minnie Mouse stickers, each with its own expressive animation
• Performance and stability improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
generally good stuff, filming is easy and quick and everything is easy to edit in or out. One issue i have experienced though is the downloading of the clips from icloud. many a time have i not been able to watch my videos and this does not come in handy. even when i have gone off the app or my phone has switched off for a few minutes and i come back to sort it out, it is needed for an icloud download and i can not get them back. please fix this as the app is a good one. many thanks and please take this into consideration.
I think clips is an amazing apps because you can do so many cool things to your pics and add funny titles. Also if you screen shot your edited pics from clips you can make amazing movies and trailers on ‘iMovie’. Also the affects are sooooo cool 😎 you can make it into a comic or make it black and white to look like the old days. Sometimes when you edit you pics you’ll find that it doesn’t quite go with what you want to do with it. If this happens don’t get frustrated just if you can take the same pic but in different light or go on to photos and edit it so the light matches the filter.
When I once had a camp at Scouts I had my phone and I took loads of wicked photos of the fire my friends the tent and the food. I then realised that fire looks so cool on clips when you change the filter to comic book, trust me all my friends loved it.
Also I once made a supercool wallpaper for my phone by getting a nice poster then I added some captions and emojis. Then I took a screen shot of it, went on settings then changed my wallpaper to the clips edited pic with my name and all my favourite things written and emojid on.
I definitely recommend this app and listen to my advice and try it because trust me it all really works really really really well.
Thank you 😀
This is probably one of my favourite apps and I love it. I’ve got two things I really need help on.#1 for the last few days I have been trying to make a Star Wars film with the music but I can’t seem to get it. What I do is that I go on the music icon and then go on ‘my music’ then on playlists and then on the playlist the Star Wars music is on but I can’t see any music anywhere so I go on Apple Music and it’s there so I’m not that sure what to do. #2 I also really want to make a film with no music and then the music comes in at the last scene but whenever I click on the last scene and go onto music and set it on for the music it plays for the whole film not just the one scene.
Please fix these problems soon
Thank you very much
- Apple Distribution International
- 193.1 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 13.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2017-2020 Apple Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.