Get the very latest from Derby Live, with breaking news as it happens, sport updates, traffic alerts, and all the latest what's on in your area.
Completely customisable, the Derby Live app allows you to tailor what news you consume, and when.
The app is the best way to follow breaking news from Derby Live; including video interviews and traffic & travel notifications.
Keep up-to-date with the latest in:
· Top local news stories
· Football, Rugby and other sport news
· Traffic & Travel news
· Derby Live event listings and What's On guides
The App also features:
• Force Touch allowing you to peak and pop into an article.
• Native iPad support for a better tablet experience
• The iPad version of the app also supports Split View on compatible iPads
• The ability to follow topics that matter to you
• Follow your favourite authors like you do any topic
• Resize the article text to help with your reading experience
• The ability to read an article even when you are offline
This release is an important one. This will be the last release for iOS13, it was a tough decision to make, but in order to advance the app we need to move to new technologies that aren’t available for iOS13. To continue receiving future updates with all new features and more, please update your device to iOS14 or above.
So for this final iOS 13 supported release:
- We have an all new navigation style that pins to the top of the view when you scroll… it's really rather lovely!
- We have a new large article preview format, for our first top story on iPad. This we think, uses the space better and we hope you like it.
- We have added new topic recommendations into top stories, so you can see what else is going on in other news that might interest you.
- And of course, we fixed a bunch of bugs, made more optimisations for speed, and completed some UI updates for good measure.
We have some really cool updates in the pipeline, so keep an eye out for more, and remember - to download them you will need iOS14 or above.
Ratings and Reviews
So much better than the desktop site, easier to navigate, good with alerts and a great idea to build your own areas of interest.
Just wish when you login to leave comments it keeps you logged in and not keep logging you out..
Could be so much better!
Notifications never open the full article when you click on one, the only way to view the article is to navigate away then go back to it. Also no option to zoom in on a photo. Finally - no option to search the app. So let’s give two examples of when this would be useful: You get told of an article that’s featured in the paper - you don’t buy the paper so you want to look up the web version - nope, desktop site only. Another example would be that you’ve had multiple notifications come through, you miss the one that you want, you clear your notifications by mistake, but remember seeing the title or headline - you can’t search so you have to browse the app for the one you want. Apart from that it’s okay - oh did I mention the generally poor standard of journalism written by 12 year olds? Anyway part from all of that - 3 stars. It does keep me up to date on news in my home town. Room for improvement in all areas. Other news apps have all of this functionality and work fine, so I can’t see a reason not to have it.
Why do you show Top Stories and News stories as title pages when they are basically the same as each other.
Would be so much better with a search facility.
Please keep the sports reports to the sports pages only.
Updating the pages with the latest news items seems to take an age maybe because you have two pages reporting the same events.
Room for improvement but it’s getting there.l
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Trinity Mirror Digital Media Ltd
- 62.8 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Trinity Mirror Ltd 2017