Get the very latest from Derby Live, with breaking news as it happens, sport updates, traffic alerts, and all the latest what's on in your area.
Completely customisable, the Derby Live app allows you to tailor what news you consume, and when.
The app is the best way to follow breaking news from Derby Live; including video interviews and traffic & travel notifications.
Keep up-to-date with the latest in:
· Top local news stories
· Football, Rugby and other sport news
· Traffic & Travel news
· Derby Live event listings and What's On guides
The App also features:
• Force Touch allowing you to peak and pop into an article.
• Native iPad support for a better tablet experience
• The iPad version of the app also supports Split View on compatible iPads
• The ability to follow topics that matter to you
• Follow your favourite authors like you do any topic
• Resize the article text to help with your reading experience
• The ability to read an article even when you are offline
We are back with a small, but notable update. In this release you will see:
- Sign in With Apple. Yes you can now use your Apple ID to login and get access to all the apps features.
- Following an author has been updated, now tap on the author’s name to see their bio and all their recent articles.
- Commenting got some love, did you ever see comments cutting off? We did too, but you won’t now. Also we improved the “Blocked Words” filter, so please be friendly to your fellow commenters.
Of course we included some other bug fixes and laid the foundations for more to come.
StayHome - StaySafe - ProtectTheNHS
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Could be so much better!
Notifications never open the full article when you click on one, the only way to view the article is to navigate away then go back to it. Also no option to zoom in on a photo. Finally - no option to search the app. So let’s give two examples of when this would be useful: You get told of an article that’s featured in the paper - you don’t buy the paper so you want to look up the web version - nope, desktop site only. Another example would be that you’ve had multiple notifications come through, you miss the one that you want, you clear your notifications by mistake, but remember seeing the title or headline - you can’t search so you have to browse the app for the one you want. Apart from that it’s okay - oh did I mention the generally poor standard of journalism written by 12 year olds? Anyway part from all of that - 3 stars. It does keep me up to date on news in my home town. Room for improvement in all areas. Other news apps have all of this functionality and work fine, so I can’t see a reason not to have it.
Why do you show Top Stories and News stories as title pages when they are basically the same as each other.
Would be so much better with a search facility.
Please keep the sports reports to the sports pages only.
Updating the pages with the latest news items seems to take an age maybe because you have two pages reporting the same events.
Room for improvement but it’s getting there.l
So much better than the desktop site, easier to navigate, good with alerts and a great idea to build your own areas of interest.
Just wish when you login to leave comments it keeps you logged in and not keep logging you out..
- Trinity Mirror Digital Media Ltd
- 40.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- © Trinity Mirror Ltd 2017
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.