Get the must-have lifestyle app from Drinkaware, the UK’s leading alcohol education charity. The app has been redesigned and revitalised for 2018 and is packed with helpful features! Is it time to change the way you drink?
- Track the units and calories in your drinks
- Learn more about the health benefits of cutting down
- Set goals to support you to drink less
- Feel supported with regular and personalised feedback
- Track the COST of your drinks and see exactly how much you've saved by cutting back
- Extensive database of alcohol brands
- Get encouragement to stick to your goals at the places you need it most
Reducing your alcohol intake has a number of feel-good benefits. The practical and easy-to-use app from Drinkaware helps you understand the impact of your drinking, and supports you to change your habits for the better.
Now with brilliant new features!
- *NEW* Updated design – Clearer feedback on your drinking with a simplified, more modern interface
- *NEW* Improved navigation – It’s easier than ever to track your drinks, set goals and access weak spots. All app features now available at a single touch of a button
- *NEW* MORE of your favourite drink brands added to our massive database making it easier than ever to track a drink with a simple swipe
Our app is making news!
- Featured in ‘Guardian App of the Week’
- Awarded ‘five-stars’ as best FREE app review in Web User
- “A well-designed app with lots of thought and attention put into it”
Highlighted on BBC Radio 4’s You & Yours: Do you drink too much?, Telegraph, Digital Spy, BT.com and more.
Bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Used to be good
I used this app a few years ago and although there are many drinks to choose from on the pre-populated list, it is far from comprehensive. Not a problem before though, you could create your own drink with units etc which was then saved in your list. Before long I had an accurate list of the specific brands of alcohol that I drank at the time.
However, on starting to use the app again recently it appears that the ability to create an unlisted drink appears to have been taken away. Now instead you have to contact the developers if your specific brand doesn’t appear in the pre-populated list and hope that they add it at some stage.
Sorry guys, but rather than waiting I’ll be using another app.
Sort of helpful, but fairly flawed
I’ve been using this for over a year now, and have a rough idea of my alcohol consumption. The design builds in various unnecessary limitations though, which mean it’s not as accurate as it could be.
Things I’d like to know are units consumed and amount spent. It would be simple if there was a way of inputting type of drink, quantity, percentage and price for each drink you have. Instead, you can choose from a default list (which almost always means the price is wrong), or you can choose from an incredibly limited list of brands.
As the beers I drink are rarely on the list (not a brag, there are just very few beers listed!), you always have to choose something with the same or similar percentage. Sometimes this means the percentage is way off, which kind of renders the app pointless. Hence, as I said, I have a rough idea of my intake.
Not sure the reason for this manner of input. One reviewer suggested that they were selling the data to the brands listed - but if so, this is next to useless for those companies, given that there are several beers in there I would show up as drinking regularly that I’ve never actually touched.
I’ve always carried on using the app because it’s the best of a bad bunch and have always assumed its obvious flaw would be fixed. Although, given that it’s not even formatted for the iPhone 6 screen size yet, perhaps this is a little optimistic.
Great for what I need
This is a basic app for tracking how much booze you drink, which is what I wanted. Some apps try to over complicate the task. I’ve been using the Drink Aware app 2 years now and I’ve dramatically cut down how much I consume and the frequency.
It’s not perfect as the list of brands is limited and doesn’t list some of the common brands I drink. But if all you want to do is track your alcohol consumption and the “type” of drink then this app does the trick.
It could be better but it’s fine for a basic tick box app.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- The Drinkaware Trust
- 63.7 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2015 Drinkaware
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.