eyLog Parent enables parents to understand their child's development on a more regular and real-time basis, increasing their involvement in the activities at the nursery. Parents can access their child’s learning journey, daily diaries and reports on their mobile devices and computers/laptops through secure logins. Automatic email and push notifications can be sent as soon as new observations and comments are added on the child's profile.
eyLog Parent also makes it possible for parents to contribute their observations and activities from home, making the learning journey even more comprehensive and enabling a 360-degree view of the child's development in its early years. Nursery staff can review parent observations, link them to EYFS assessments, add their own comments and publish these to the child’s learning journey.
- New medicine forms feature! If your childcare provider enabled this new feature, you will be able to receive medicine forms with real-time dose updates on your parent app!
- New child booking feature! If your childcare provider has enabled this new feature, you will be able to book a session for your child directly through your parent app!
- We have improved the layout of the login screen so now users on devices with larger screens can see how many characters have been entered in the password field.
- Fixed a bug that prevented users from uploading videos from devices running iOS 13.
- Fixed a bug that prevented users from viewing the full text in the “Treatment given” and “Medical aid sought” fields in accident sheets.
- Fixed a bug that caused the app to crash when viewing daily dairies.
- Further enhancements and bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good to know
It’s always good to know on a daily basis what our son has learned in nursery. Time is limited for parents to often stop and chat to nursery staff, but this app offers a daily insight to what your child has done. Even better, parents can also interact with the app to show nursery staff various photos and achievements made at home. Top marks. Excellent and would recommend 👍👍
Great app - could be improved by sharing EYFS goals with parents
This is a fantastic app as both parents and carers at nursery can upload observations. This app could be improved with 2 features:
- allowing parents to see (and tick) which EYFS goal an observation may relate to when parents submit photos/videos
- an ongoing summary to show parents which of their child’s EYFS goals are emerging, in development or secured. This would permit a more cohesive and collaborative parent-nursery approach to documenting a child’s learning journey and experiences, because sometimes a child may demonstrate skills at home but not at nursery and vice versa, but a parent may not know/think to document it without an up-to-date/real-time summary of skills.
Great idea but functionality isn’t good
I love that this app gives our nursery a platform to keep us updated on my daughter and to provide daily summaries of her activities. But it’s not very user friendly or intuitive and it’s still very clunky. Also the pictures uploaded by the nursery are always cut off at the top and bottom whenever I try and view them in full screen and yet I can see the whole picture on the thumbnail. Quite frustrating as it often means her head is cut off! Please keep developing as it has huge potential.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.