Walking past a pot hole, an abandoned car, or some graffiti? Now you can pull your iPhone out of your pocket, and in just a few seconds create a report for the responsible local authority.
Based on the award winning mySociety website, FixMyStreet turns your iPhone into a way to help you clean up your local area, wherever you live in Great Britain.
- Fixed issue with pins not always appearing when zooming the map
- "Show my name publicly" is now unticked by default
- Fixed bug where "undefined" would show instead of correct text
Ratings and Reviews
Limited functionality compared to the FixMyStreet website. I am able to raise a new report but I cannot view my previous reports. Instead I need to manually find my previous reports on the map and then I am directed out of the app to the website if I want to look at the status or provide an update.
Needs some improvements
I have used FixMyStreet on several occasions. It often results in prompt action by the local town council.
Although I’m permanently signed in to my account, I find it frustrating that to complete a report the app requires my password to be re-entered at the final submission step.
This ought not to be necessary.
When you’re out and about and you have a high entropy password, because the app is only used occasionally, this usually means that I cannot complete the submission until I am back home.
You could obviate this step completely, or for phones that support the feature, you could even facilitate TouchID or FaceID.
Likewise, you could also ensure that the app is compatible with secure password managers such as LastPass.
One star less than five on account of these minor weaknesses.
Nice app, works well in my area (oxfordshire), but two things:
1) Need to be able to zoom in a bit further on the maps
2) need to be able to filter out the completed reports and/or filter by report type. Otherwise you can get dosens of reprts cloggin up a map section and you don’t know if they are reporting the thing you want to report or something else.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.