Take control of your accounting and bookkeeping with real-time visibility of how your business is performing.
Loved by more than 60,000 small businesses and freelancers, FreeAgent is an easy-to-use, multi-award winning accounting system. With FreeAgent Mobile, you can take care of all your day-to-day accounting tasks from wherever you are.
• Easily record expenses on the go and snap photos of receipts in a flash
• Create and send HMRC-compliant invoices that chase themselves to help you get paid faster
• Super speedy estimates to help you win more work with less effort
• Keep tabs on upcoming tax deadlines and receive notifications when your tax bill is nearly due
• Turn time into money by tracking all your billable and unbillable time
• Track your business travel costs using HMRC’s approved mileage rates
• Get a clear overview of the money going in and out of your bank accounts, and explain transactions on the go
• Track bills from your suppliers and manage the incurred costs you haven’t paid yet
• Keep an eye on your finances with the cash flow overview
Signing up to FreeAgent gives you access to both the desktop and mobile apps. When you log in to your account on desktop, you can access extra functionality like project management, RTI-compliant payroll, and VAT and Self Assessment filing directly to HMRC.
Winner of the 2017 Software Excellence Award (SME accounts/bookkeeping)
New to FreeAgent?
• Create an account to start your 30-day free trial!
Existing FreeAgent users
• If you’re an existing FreeAgent user, simply download the app and sign in
Subscribing to FreeAgent through the App Store
Subscriptions will be charged to your iTunes Account. If there are any days left in your free trial, they will be forfeited when you purchase the subscription. Subscriptions automatically renew for the same price within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the period. After purchase, you can manage your subscription and auto-renewal preferences by going into your iTunes account settings.
● We've now fixed a troublesome bug in which some accounts were randomly logged out.
● The price value for a new invoice item now defaults to 0, keeping the behaviour consistent with the desktop app.
Ratings and Reviews
My best find for an app in 2018!
Having been a Sage Accounts user for a couple of years, I found the ease and simplicity of FreeAgent’s platform mind-blowing. What took me a few minutes to do now took only seconds. And the app is absolutely fantastic, as all the key repeatable functions and features are easily executed via the app. I only wish a few more insight-based functions from their platform were made available on the app. Still love it, regardless.
Issues to address
Been using this app for a week or so now. Generally ok but some things need addressing. Some expenses don’t fall into any of the categories and there’s no option to add more. The iPad version doesn’t have an icon installed and hasn’t been scaled up for larger screens so appears as small screen in the centre of the iPad. Also the app guesses the category for transactions on your bank statement, but doesn’t learn when you correct them or explain an unexplained transaction. Finally, when moving money from a cash account to a bank account, the app doesn’t identify the cash payment as the cash going in meaning the transaction appears twice, meaning you have to spend quite a bit of time correcting bank transactions. The app claims to save you time going digital but I actually spend twice as long than when I did it all on paper. It’s only because HMRC are requiring digital integration that I’m moving digital.
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for your feedback, we are constantly looking to improve the mobile app and will bear your feedback in mind. If you have any further thoughts on the app as you continue to use it then please contact us at email@example.com.
We currently don't have an iPad app so recommend that you use FreeAgent in your iPad browser, this will allow you to access all the same functionality as on desktop.
Needs improving. A lot.
Logging in needs to be made to work with fingerprint ID. Laborious constantly entering login details.
Works very slowly sometimes, even saying there’s no Internet connection when other apps are comfortably using the internet in the background.
Interface to allocate outgoings not good experience - want to be able to edit drop down and reorder. Eg common category ‘travel’ way down the list so have to scroll - takes too long.
Hugely disappointing. It takes me twice as long to deal with my accounts than when using my spreadsheet system in iCloud that works seamlessly and fast on laptop, iPad and phone. I’d rather use my spreadsheet!! I hate having been forced into using this system.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback.
Fingerprint ID can be enabled from the security option in the settings menu, which is accessed through the cog icon in the top left of the insight, money in/out or banking screens.
Please could you email in to firstname.lastname@example.org around the internet connection issue you are seeing and we can take a further look into that for you.
We are constantly looking to improve the app and will take your feedback on board. In the meantime, there is a search field at the top of the category list which may help to select your category more quickly.
- FreeAgent Central Ltd
- 27.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 FreeAgent Central Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- FreeAgent - 1 Month £22.99
- FreeAgent - 1 Month £34.99
- FreeAgent - 1 Month £28.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.