Listen live to Capital, Heart, Heart 80s, LBC, Classic FM, Smooth, Capital XTRA, Radio X and Gold, plus a huge selection of streams curated to fit your mood or activity. The Global Player puts you in control. Whatever you’re into - the latest hits, a chance to chill out or topical debate - Global’s got you covered! And best of all, it’s entirely free and is available worldwide.
With the Global Player you can:
• Listen live to any of Global’s radio stations: Capital, Capital XTRA, Heart, Heart 80s, LBC, Radio X, Classic, Smooth and Gold.
• Hear the best shows from the biggest names in radio, Roman Kemp, Chris Moyles, Nick Ferrari, Myleene Klass , Johnny Vaughan, Russell Brand, James O’Brien, Nigel Farage and many more!
• Catch up / listen again to all your favourite shows whenever you like.
• Download and listen to your favourite programmes offline, great for listening in-car or on the train.
• Subscribe to your favourite shows to automatically download them each day.
• Listen to all of Global’s stations in HD audio.
• Take control - My Capital and My Capital XTRA, a world-first where you can skip songs on live radio – radio you control!*
• Get the latest news, videos and pictures from each of Global’s stations with the best guests and most entertaining, informative content.
• Discover and download hundreds of award-winning audio shows in our new Podcasts section.
• Whether you want to relax or exercise, choose Playlists and we'll serve you the best music for your mood. You can also skip tracks* in this section, so now you’re in control.
• See what other people are loving with our top trending shows.
Global Player, your favourite radio, that you control, all in one place.
*Currently only available in the UK.
- Listen to Live Radio through Chromecast
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
So many glitches - annoying!
This app would be excellent IF it did not have so many bugs. And IF somewhere it had instruction on how to use.
And IF the presenters who plug it frequently mentioned the problems you’re going to have.
I listen only to Classic FM. When it is working it is great. BUT ...
... it frequently changes to another station in which I have no interest for no apparent reason. The only solution seems to be to shut down my iPad and begin again.
... the double arrow which enables you to switch from live radio is frequently greyed out when switching back to live radio so then does nothing
... what on earth does the ‘thumbs up’/‘thumbs down’ do? If you ‘click’ the ‘thumbs up’ it adds a heart. What does this mean? By accident I found that if you click multiple times it adds multiple hearts, till (sometimes) the thumbs up changes to a heart.
That’s enough for now; with their money Global should be able to sort these bugs and stop presenters plugging it continuously until it actually works well.
When it does I would give five stars but at the moment it’s extremely annoying.
Lots of problems
Having the new global player app that allows you to download shows is great, however it is full of bugs. There is often a connection error when trying to play downloaded shows requiring the app to be restarted. The forward and backwards 20secs button don’t work properly. The forward 20secs jumps forward about a minute and the backwards 20secs button moves it forward a few seconds so you can’t skip back without moving the slider. I’ve also found the sound quality of downloaded shows to be poor when compared to other radio apps. The biggest problem is the space it uses. I have been downloading the Chris Moyles show since the app arrived and it appears not to purge itself. I currently have 2 shows downloaded and the app takes up 7.39Gb!
This app needs to address the above issues, then it will be brilliant and get 5 stars.
Love the radio station but this app needs fixed
I absolutely love radio x used to use the radio x app all the time. I was very excited to learn that we can download the shows and listen to them offline on the new global app. I live in Singapore so this comes in very handy. However, after having the app for several months, I’m still experiencing the same issues with it. I was hoping some would be fixed by now.
1. Subscribe button doesn’t always download the shows. Sometimes it does, others it doesn’t bother. Also sometimes they do download but say 0mb so I have to delete them and re-download them
2. When I try to play the downloads. I often get a red error message saying “connection error”. This is often fixed by closing the app and opening it again. But more frequently even that doesn’t work. It’s very frustrating.
Please can these issues be fixed very soon or I am going to give up soon!
- Global Media & Entertainment Limited
- 145 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Global radio
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.