Evil stirs beneath the Spine of the World.
In the northernmost reaches of the Forgotten Realms lies the region of icy tundra known as Icewind Dale. Journey deep into the Spine of the World mountains, a harsh and unforgiving territory settled by only the hardiest folk. Encounter fearsome beasts that have learned the cunning and ferocity needed to survive among the snow-shrouded peaks. Confront an evil that schemes beneath the carven glaciers and mountainsides to wreak destruction upon the face of Faerûn. This is the world of Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition.
Originally released in 2000, Icewind Dale is a Dungeons & Dragons game set in Wizards of The Coast's legendary Forgotten Realms. This Enhanced Edition allows a new generation of players to experience this epic adventure.
- Swords and Sorcery: Discover dozens of new spells and items, including new magic armor and weapons.
- Blackguards and Wizard Slayers: Select from almost 40 new kits and classes to create the perfect adventuring party.
- A New Look: Experience the Enhanced Edition's all new interface, including the new Quickloot bar.
- Bring A Friend: Join your fellow adventurers in cooperative, cross-platform multiplayer games.
- See The Unseen: Explore quest content cut from the original game, now finished and restored.
- More to Experience: Enjoy the countless bug fixes and improvements that await you in Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition!
The Lance of Disruption spell projectile is now distinguishable from Alicorn Lance.
If a party member is dead the game should not crash after captive villagers leave.
In Trials of the Luremaster, the Magic Mouth should open if the required skulls have been obtained.
In the Heart of Winter, it should be possible to enter the boathouse in Lonelywood.
In multiplayer, games should not crash while on the arbitration screen.
It should be possible to sell a quantity greater than one of rings or similar equipment from a container.
The iOS Export Character UI should use the Icewind Dale Character Extension.
In the iOS multiplayer, a player’s party members dying should not cause the other player’s game to hang.
You should not be able to dual-class if the requirements are not met.
Restoring the Elven Shrine quest should show as a completed quest when finished.
Result of single combat with Presio should not be said by party leader.
Color choices sliders should not lag when dragged.
In iOS multiplayer, the title should not become unresponsive and crash when starting the dictation mode while entering a password protected session.
The ranger spell version of Minor Spell Deflection should use icons from wizard spell of the same name.
New Priest of Tempus dialogue should not play in English for languages with localized audio.
In the Italian voiceover, Attack Sound 3 of the “Female Mage 4” soundset should match its text.
Italian voiceover should not be missing for Heart of Winter player soundsets.
Turkish text should not be different if the party leader is female.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It’s a great game and very enjoyable on the iPad, despite it lacking the wealth of mods etc from pc version. Great to have when traveling, touch control can be fiddly to examine things... but otherwise it’s a classic.
However, it stills has a lot of very annoying bugs... please fix them. Namely:
1) if characters have two weapons equipped, they insist on choosing for you which one they will use... even if you click on the quick switch slot... so if you want them to use a healing flail over your fiery flail in some situations, they will constantly swap back regardless of what you click, overriding your option... so you have to only equip the weapon you want, and don’t carry a tactical backup. This is a massive bug. You want to be able to swap between weapon Sets! This bug randomly stops occurring then starts again.
2) characters will randomly swap portraits when you click between them in succession to access their Script menus...
There are a few more, like resting and a character waking up on a nearby inaccessible bit of terrain... but these above two are incredibly frequent... aka constant annoyances.
Developer Response ,
Can you please report these 2 issues on support.baldursgate.com?
Currently there's a big beta of the next patch going on PC and Android verstions, so any feedback is useful.
The definitive version of Icewind Dale. Leaves the spirit and style of the game intact but imports a lot of the changes and features from the Baldur’s Gate series including new classes (which makes picking those 6 adventuring buddies all that harder) and spells as well as quashing tons of bugs and updating a lot of the dialogue and script to react to your characters possible kits (choose Barbarian to get a lot of unique dialogue). A bit less story focused and more combat focused which works quite well playing portable in short bursts. Comes with all expansions included and works incredibly well on phones. Another old school classic perfected!
Great game but Angaar, I hate you.
So, I have played these games for over twenty years, this has all the fun, customisation and enjoyment of the original, it has two issues, the Party AI is as poor as it always was, multiple clicks to access building etc. However it had a game stopping bug, if you kill Angaar the gate guard, the game is over, you can’t finish Heart of winter and can’t get back to the main game, but, the devs sorted out a clean save for me the very next day, fantastic!
- Overhaul Games Inc.
- 3 GB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2014 Beamdog
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.